1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Creamy Pasta: Chop SD tomatoes?

1. bridgetbakes

bridgetbakes Member

I am making Creamy One Pot Pasta for a show tomorrow night. I have done this a number of times before and when it gets to the sun-dried tomatoes I usually have someone slice with the Forged Paring Knife.

However, I wondered if anyone has ever tried using the Food Chopper to dice sun-dried tomatoes before? Since I am already showcasing our Forged cutlery earlier in the recipe, I would love the chance to show off the Chopper. I am just wondering if it is sharp enough for SD tomotoes or if it would make a big mess?

Anyone know?:confused:

Nov 12, 2009
  2. bridgetbakes

bridgetbakes Member

Bumping up...:chef:
    HELP!

Nov 12, 2009
  3. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I'm thinking that Sun dried tomatoes would be too sticky to chop well with the food chopper. Is there something else you can chop instead of using a knife?

Nov 12, 2009
  4. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

I have only used a knife, the one time I tried it it didn't really work that well.

Nov 12, 2009
  5. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

I use my old old kitchen shears, NOW I'll be using the NEW shears!!!

Nov 12, 2009
  6. bridgetbakes

bridgetbakes Member

Ginger, thanks for the great idea to use the Kitchen Shears! Cutting sun-dried tomatoes with a knife is so messy!

Would still love a great idea for how to use the Food Chopper in that recipe though...;)

Nov 12, 2009
  7. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

You could leave a few florets & small pieces of carrots & maybe say, If someone in your house doesn't like BIG pieces of veggies, you could do this.....HTH :D

Nov 12, 2009
  8. cheflorraine

cheflorraine Member Gold Member

Definitely don't use the food chopper for the sun-dried tomatoes... I tried that (just at home) and it doesn't work at all because the tomatoes are just the wrong texture.

Nov 12, 2009
  9. munkee41182

munkee41182 Member

I'd say the Kitchen Sheers or even the Pizza Cutter.

Nov 13, 2009
  10. bridgetbakes

bridgetbakes Member

Just thought I would let you all know that the Kitchen Shears worked like MAGIC in cutting the oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes! Truthfully it was a lot less messy than using one of the knives. Since I show off 2 of the knives earlier in the recipe, showing off another product like the shears works great.

THANKS for the suggestion!

Nov 16, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted