• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Homemade Salsa With Salad Chopper!

In summary, Oh my...this is soooooo good! I used the PC recipe that came from a use and care card and then changed it up some to suit my tastes! I used: ~1/2 of a Jalapeno pepper, seeded (I am a sissy with hot stuff...next time though I think I will use the whole thing but still seed and devein it) ~1/4 Red onion ~5 Roma tomatoes that I had cored, sliced in half and de-seeded (just squeeze them cut side down into the sink and it gets out most of the seeds and juice so your salsa isn't way runny) ~2 small cloves of garlic with garlic press ~1/4 teaspoon
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
Oh my...this is soooooo good! I used the PC recipe that came from a use and care card and then changed it up some to suit my tastes!

Here's what I used:

~1/2 of a Jalapeno pepper, seeded (I am a sissy with hot stuff...next time though I think I will use the whole thing but still seed and devein it)
~1/4 Red onion

Cut these up first in the bowl, since I wanted them to be very small

~Then added in 5 Roma tomatoes that I had cored, sliced in half and de-seeded (just squeeze them cut side down into the sink and it gets out most of the seeds and juice so your salsa isn't way runny)
~Pressed in 2 small cloves of garlic with garlic press
~Used new kitchen shears to strip off about 1/4 cup cilantro
~Use citrus press to press in 1/2 of a lime
~1/4 teaspoon salt

Then, just chop away till the tomatoes are small enough!

I do have to admit, I think I would like it better if I diced up the tomatoes with one of our awesome forged knives, but the salad chopper did a good job, too. I just think if I diced the tomatoes up myself, they wouldn't have gotten "mushy" by the time they were small enough with using the salad chopper.

Fresh salsa is the bomb! Reminds me of a trip to Cancun! (that was the first time I ever had cilantro and fresh salsa in my life!!)

I can't wait to try this!! DH & I always make fresh salsa. Nothing compares to it!! And lots of fresh cilantro is KEY in my opinion! YUM!!!

I made it last week too; it was awesome! DH said it just needed some salt. I also added lime juice & zest:)

Sounds really good I will have to give it a try and see how it turns out... My Dh is the salsa king... as he says the hotter the better... I am a sissy too.. cant stand that hot.

I still love the salsa from the Southwestern Seasoning!

I used it on the Apple Berry Salsa last night, and it worked out great!

pchefkristin said:
I used it on the Apple Berry Salsa last night, and it worked out great!
ooooh, good idea--I hadn't thought of that one;)

I made the salsa from the "recipe" in the catalog next to the salad chopper in the catalog. The onion more than anything kept sticking in the blades, and it didn't really chop anything very small. I ended up chopping it with my food chopper and much better results. I'm worried, tho, becasue I'm supposed to demo this at a party in a few weeks. Any advice? The guys in my husband's band liked it, so at least I know it tasted good, lol! I was just disappointed in how the salad chopper didn't do what I hoped. I've watched the video on cc and tried the different ways of holding it and everything. TIA

1. What ingredients do I need to make homemade salsa with the salad chopper?

To make homemade salsa with the salad chopper, you will need tomatoes, onions, cilantro, jalapeno peppers, garlic, lime juice, salt, and pepper.

2. How do I use the salad chopper to make salsa?

To use the salad chopper to make salsa, simply place all the ingredients into the chopper and chop until desired consistency is reached. You can also use the chopper to finely chop the ingredients before adding them to a bowl for mixing.

3. Can I adjust the spice level of the salsa using the salad chopper?

Yes, you can adjust the spice level of your homemade salsa by adding more or less jalapeno peppers. You can also remove the seeds and membranes of the peppers for a milder salsa.

4. How long does the salsa made with the salad chopper last?

The homemade salsa made with the salad chopper can last for up to a week in the refrigerator when stored in an airtight container. It is best to consume within 3-4 days for optimal freshness.

5. Can I use the salad chopper for other types of salsas?

Yes, the salad chopper can be used to make various types of salsas, such as fruit salsa or black bean salsa. Simply adjust the ingredients accordingly and chop to desired consistency.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • BlessedWifeMommy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedSD
Replies