• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Else Can Be Made Using Salsa?

In summary, Tammy made her own spagetti sauce and found that it was delicious. She also mentioned a salsa chicken recipe that can be made in the crockpot or in the oven. Another recipe that Tammy mentioned is quesadillas with salsa instead of taco seasoning. Finally, Tammy recommended mixing salsa with ranch dressing and serving it as a dressing for meatloaf or chicken.
babywings76
Gold Member
So I tried using the salad choppers to make homemade salsa. I ended up having to add a ton of tomatoes because I put in too much onion and cilantro, and now have 3 cups or so of it. I'm all out of tortilla chips and my husband wasn't really loving the taste of my salsa. I hate to throw it away, so I'm wondering if anyone has a recipe that calls for salsa that I can use this in?

Breakfast tacos?(Recipe is on CC)

Use it as a topping on potatoes instead of butter. Tastes great and better for you.

Chicken Tortilla Casserole (SB S/S 2008)....it's delicious! Even DH likes it, which surprised me!! LOL (He's such a meat 'n' potatoes kinda guy!)

Maybe you can toss it in a home made spagetti sauce??? Almost the same ingredients isn't it??

Make Homemade Tortilla Soup And Add It To The Broth

I mix salsa with ranch dressing and my friend used to call it RANCHO dressing. LOL

Tammy

I made my own spagetti sause last week---this is what I did.

Saute olive oil in a pot with onion and garlic (you just add garlic), then I dumped in my pureed tomatoes (you might want to do this in the blender to blend the ingredients together). I used basil but hey cliantro will work too. I had some red wine so I put about 1/2 c. in the pot with the tomato mixture. It was delish and I had NO leftovers!

I was also going to recommend a salsa chicken if you have a crock pot, or you can even do it in the stoneware dish. I bake the chicken and then when it is almost done I top it off with salsa and cheese. DELISH!

Good Luck!

make chili :)

I make dressing like Tammy but I add a little adobe pepper, buttermilk and an avacado and put it in my blender.you could also serve the salsa with quesadilllas

My friend adds it in her meatloaf instead of Tomato sauce, onions, and so on... It taste great that way too! Also in the new Latin Cookbook there is a pork tenderloin with white beans or something like that. Well my SIL made it last night and bought a can of navy beans and they said the bean mixture was great!! (Navy Neans, salsa, bacon, cooked onions, and cilantro)

Crockpot it with SKINNED chicken parts, with all visible fat removed. Cook on low-med heat because tomato sometimes burns in the older, hotter crockpots.Tastes great! Sometimes I add more water or broth, celery and carrots, other soup veggies and turn it into a delicious soup.

Thanks everyone! They all sound so wonderful! Now I need to make up some more salsa just so I can try all these recipes! ;)

I toss Pico de Gallo in my Queso soooo yummy!

I use salsa to season hamburger for tacos instead of taco seasoning. Yum! :)

Mix salsa, packet of taco seasoning, and an apricot or peach jelly to make a sauce and cook chicken in it! Yummy sweat and sour kinda flavor...

7 layer salad, mix with the sour cream for the dressing. I got the recipe from here too.

Add it to your meatloaf mixture instead of peppers,onions, tomato sauce or ketchup, etc.

Pour over chicken breasts (or thighs), throw some monterrey jack cheese on it and microwave in the dcb or bake it.

It threw me off seeing this thread because I didn't remember posting this question recently. Then I saw the date and realized this is from Sept. of 2008! :DYeah, I actually had this happen again last week. I made the Mango Confetti Salsa and had enough to feed an army. :D So one thing I did with the leftovers was grill some chicken with the Chili Lime Rub in the grill pan w/ press. When it was done, I spooned some mango salsa on each breast and then used the new Coarse grater and put some Monterey Jack Cheese over the top. Popped it into the oven at 350 for just a few minutes until the cheese was nice and melted. Served it over rice made in the Rice Cooker Plus and voila! dinner was served. It was super easy and delicious. I'm going to do this for shows where the DCB won't fit in the microwaves.

Related to What Else Can Be Made Using Salsa?

1. Can I use salsa in place of tomato sauce in pasta dishes?

Yes, salsa can be used as a substitute for tomato sauce in pasta dishes. It will add a different flavor profile and may be spicier, so adjust the amount used to your taste preferences.

2. Is it possible to make a salsa-based marinade for meats?

Absolutely! Salsa can make a delicious marinade for meats like chicken, pork, or fish. Simply mix salsa with a bit of oil, lime juice, and your desired seasonings, and marinate the meat for at least 30 minutes before cooking.

3. Can I use salsa as a topping for baked potatoes or sweet potatoes?

Yes, salsa can make a great topping for baked potatoes or sweet potatoes. It adds a burst of flavor and can be a healthier alternative to traditional toppings like butter or sour cream.

4. Can I use salsa as a base for soup or chili?

Definitely! Salsa can be a great base for soups and chili. You can use it as is, or add in additional ingredients like beans, corn, or diced vegetables to create a heartier dish.

5. Can I use salsa as a condiment for sandwiches or wraps?

Yes, salsa can make a tasty condiment for sandwiches or wraps. It adds a punch of flavor and can be a healthier alternative to traditional condiments like mayo or mustard.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BlessedWifeMommy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedSD
  • straitfan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Trish1953
Replies