• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooling Down Salsa: Tips & Tricks

In summary, someone said that they used the salad chopper to make salsa, and they hesitated a split second before throwing in the whole jalapeno. HOT!!!!!! Any ideas? More tomato--lime juice?
straitfan
Gold Member
Anyone know how to "cool down" salsa? I used the salad chopper to make salsa, more or less following the recipe in the catalog. I hesitated a split second before throwing in the whole jalapeno (considered removing the seeds and membrane--but thought hey, if they printed it in here it can't be too bad). HOT!!!!!! Any ideas? More tomato--lime juice?

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK--GO KU!

You could try adding more tomato? My DH has to mild it down for me cause he loves HOT salsa

I have one more left--I may try that. (AFTER the KU game is over)
Any other ideas?

This may be tedius, but can you pick out some of the seeds and peices with membranes on them? Plus, as Jennie said, add more tomatoes sounds like it would help too!

Hmmmmm don't know. I was having a ball with the chopper and the pieces are pretty small.

Adding more lime will really help.

not as pretty, but sour cream is a great way to cool it down. you could mix a little in... just a thought:p

sugar will help, too

Alright. Since the Jayhawks run at the final 4 is over.....I'll go try some of those suggestions! Lesson learned for next time----seed and clean out the jalapeno!

use your core and more to clean the seeds out

I was going to say sugar.

straitfan said:
Alright. Since the Jayhawks run at the final 4 is over...../QUOTE]

I can't wait for the U of Oregon game on Sunday. They are playing Florida.

Go ducks!!!!

I removed the seeds & membranes from my jalepeno the other day when I made salsa, was pretty good. DH said it needed more salt though.

Bummer about the Hawks huh? My mom is a HUGE fan; we're driving 2 hrs to my grandma's today & I"m hoping she's not too grumpy! lol They had a good year though...

My husband, the chef, says to make the recipe again, without the jalapeno this time, then combine the two. This will help cool it down some. Just remember, in the future, the "heat" in jalapenos is in the seeds and membrane.

Trish in Texas
Future Director & Recruiter

What is the best way to cool down salsa quickly?

One of the fastest ways to cool down salsa is to place the bowl of salsa in a larger bowl filled with ice water. Stir the salsa occasionally until it reaches your desired temperature.

How long does it take for salsa to cool down in the refrigerator?

It typically takes about 30 minutes for salsa to cool down in the refrigerator. However, if you want to speed up the process, you can spread the salsa out in a thin layer on a baking sheet and place it in the fridge for about 15 minutes.

Can I put hot salsa in the freezer to cool it down?

No, it is not recommended to put hot salsa directly in the freezer. The temperature change can cause the salsa to become watery and affect its flavor. It is best to let the salsa cool down in the fridge before transferring it to the freezer.

What is the maximum amount of time I can leave salsa out at room temperature?

Salsa should not be left out at room temperature for more than 2 hours. After that, bacteria can start to grow and it can become unsafe to consume. It is important to properly store salsa in the fridge after serving.

Can I add ice to salsa to cool it down?

While adding ice to salsa may seem like a quick solution, it can actually dilute the flavors and change the consistency of the salsa. It is best to use other methods, such as placing the salsa in a larger bowl of ice water, to cool it down quickly without altering its taste.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BlessedWifeMommy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedSD
  • KellyTheChef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
4kids4me
Replies