• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chicken Fajitas - Thank You Keith and Dave!

In summary, the Chicken Fajitas with the salsa at a party hosted by one of my coworkers were a real Winner. The recipe was followed and the chicken took longer than the prescribed time to cook, but the end result was photo-worthy. The cost for ingredients was $25 and the party total is at $928 in guest sales with a couple more outside orders expected.
Dotty
Gold Member
Thanks to all the posts by Keith and Dave, I tried the Chicken Fajitas in the DCB with the salsa today at a party hosted by one of my coworkers.

Let me say that this is a real Winner!

I did a VERY interactive demo. I started with the Chicken fajitas, highlighted the spice and rubs, made salsa while the fajitas were cooking, then made a molten chocolate cake while people ate the fajitas. The total cost for ingredients was $25. The DCBs and salad choppers were a HIT! I sold 5 DCBs and 4 pairs of salad choppers. The party total is at $928 in guest sales with a couple more outside orders expected.

The guests loved the interactive demo, the fajitas, salsa, and said that the cake just pushed them over the edge with the baker.

:chef:Improvements: The chicken took longer than the prescribed time to cook, the bottom of the chicken cooked slower, so next time I will turn the chicken after 10 minutes.

Prep Work: cut ends and peel onion, tops and seeds removed from sweet peppers and jalepeno, premeasured spices and oil using the two prep bowls (bowl 1: 1 tbsp each spice, bowl 2: 1 tbsp of each spice plus oil), rinsed/dry/prep cilantro in salad spinner, roll & slice limes in half, have all tools handy

Handy hint for other newbies: I delegate the task of "decorating" the home with my tools to the first guest who shows up (usually a good friend of the host shows up a little early)

The hostess is considering cutlery, so during the show, I had 2 people with the different knives stand at the cutting board (the big one with the groove). I gave each half an onion to slice. After halfway through I had them switch. Their oohs and aahs said it all! I did the same with the peppers with 2 more volunteers. They fought over the forged cutlery knife!
The hostess is going to use one of her half price items for the big forged knife set.

This was a great party and a great learning & practice experience for me.

Thanks Dorothy, I love your ideas, especially the knife test and the decorating! about the Fajitas, how many guests and how much chicken did you use? I have had different cooking results in each microwave I have used. Really makes the thermometer essential!And hooray for such a great show! Marghi

I've had the chicken take longer sometimes when I've left the breasts whole. I now cut the breasts into 4 pieces and it's always done in 15 minutes. I still chop them up with the Mix n Chop when they're cooked.

I would like to try this recipe, is it the Ultimate Chicken Fajitas? there is a pdf under files. Also do you make any changes to the recipe?

9 buying guests at the show, 11 including the hostess and her adult daughter (sort of co-host) There were 2 outside orders before the show. I followed the recipe, used 3 breasts at the largest weight I could find in the store.

Keith pressured me into making the recipe and BOY do I talk it up. It truly IS a winner.

donnathepamperedchef said:
I would like to try this recipe, is it the Ultimate Chicken Fajitas? there is a pdf under files. Also do you make any changes to the recipe?

That's the one I use (and the one I posted). Since I have no idea which version of that is up there, I may have tweaked it since then.

donnathepamperedchef said:
Yes, this is the Ultimate Chicken Fajitas.
I did not change the recipe at all. Some folks thought they would reduce the amount of Chipolte rub when they make it for themselves.
I did not do the guacamole.
I used the salad choppers for the salsa and for shredding the chicken.

Next time, I will do as Keith suggests and cut the chicken into smaller pieces before cooking. The extra time did no harm to the veggies, which was good.

The result was really photo-worthy. I'm going to snap a photo of the result with whole chicken breasts when I make it for my family.

leftymac said:
That's the one I use (and the one I posted). Since I have no idea which version of that is up there, I may have tweaked it since then.

Yep, that's the one I've read about in your previous posts, thus the kudos! :) You guys really have it right!

Now what I do is cut the chicken into pieces and toss it with the rubs in a stainless bowl.

thanks Keith and Dotty

For the record, here is the version of Keith's file that I used.

Attachments

• Ultimate Chicken Fajitas.pdf
    152 KB · Views: 452
Two changes to the recipe suggested to me by Keith:Use Roma tomatoes rather than grape. They're cheaper and they don't spit at you when you use the salad choppers.Use the Mix 'N Chop instead of the salad choppers on the chicken. Gives me a demo for the MnC.

thanks all

RMDave said:
Two changes to the recipe suggested to me by Keith:

Use Roma tomatoes rather than grape. They're cheaper and they don't spit at you when you use the salad choppers.

Use the Mix 'N Chop instead of the salad choppers on the chicken. Gives me a demo for the MnC.

Yep. I have those changes in the recipe on my computer. Here it is.

Attachments

• Ultimate Chicken Fajitas Revised.pdf
    135.6 KB · Views: 662
RMDave said:

Use Roma tomatoes rather than grape. They're cheaper and they don't spit at you when you use the salad choppers.

Use the Mix 'N Chop instead of the salad choppers on the chicken. Gives me a demo for the MnC.

I put a towel over the batter bowl when chopping tomatoes because of the spitting. I'll definitely use Romas next time.

I use whatever type of tomatoes the host gets. They all work.

A host asked me to make the fajitas. I found your recipe and tried it out on my family. Yummy. Then on to the show - the host purchased chicken tenders which worked perfectly. A past host said she already knew what she was making for dinner the next night. They could not get over how moist the chicken was. Thanks again for a delicious and easy to follow recipe.

Is there a trick to using the Mix n Chop on chicken? I've tried a couple times and it just feels like I'm mashing it. I have to twist it over and over to get the chicken to pull apart. Is that right? It just feels harder to do than using the Salad Choppers.

babywings76 said:
Is there a trick to using the Mix n Chop on chicken? I've tried a couple times and it just feels like I'm mashing it. I have to twist it over and over to get the chicken to pull apart. Is that right? It just feels harder to do than using the Salad Choppers.

No trick. I just push down on the chicken and give a little rotation. You need to do it several times, of course. It cuts it apart quite wonderfully.For me, it's a little easier than the Salad Chopper, plus it gives me a chance to show off one more tool, especially since I've demoed the Salad Chopper for the salsa.

Dotty said:
I put a towel over the batter bowl when chopping tomatoes because of the spitting. I'll definitely use Romas next time.

You can use the core and more on the roma tomatoes too. That eliminates the need for a splash zone warning.

I ask hosts to get a couple of avocados for guacamole and use the mix n chop for that. People are usually won over when they see the salad choppers work on chicken and the pico.

RMDave said:

Yes, but MnC cost less and Salad Choppers cost more! MnC sells itself!

Just my 2 cents... Love, love, love, the recipe though!

Schel

Related to Chicken Fajitas - Thank You Keith and Dave!

1. How do I make the perfect marinade for chicken fajitas?

To make a delicious marinade for chicken fajitas, mix together 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup lime juice, 2 cloves of minced garlic, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon chili powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes before cooking.

2. Can I use a different type of meat instead of chicken for fajitas?

Yes, you can use any type of meat that you prefer for fajitas. Some popular options include steak, shrimp, tofu, or even vegetables.

3. How do I get the perfect char on my fajita vegetables?

The key to getting a nice char on your fajita vegetables is to cook them on high heat and avoid overcrowding the pan. This allows the vegetables to caramelize and develop a delicious charred flavor.

4. Do I need to use a cast iron skillet to make chicken fajitas?

No, you can use any type of skillet or pan to make chicken fajitas. However, a cast iron skillet does give the fajitas a nice char and adds an extra layer of flavor.

5. How do I serve chicken fajitas for a large group?

If you are serving a large group, you can cook the chicken and vegetables in batches and keep them warm in the oven. Then, set up a fajita bar with all the toppings and let your guests assemble their own fajitas.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pattybrady
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
alabama pc cons.
  • jabis68
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • kdangel518