• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Creative Recipes Can I Make With a Surplus of Garden Tomatoes?

In summary, there are many tasty ways to use up those tomatoes, including homemade spaghetti sauce, Caprese salad and pizza, and freezing them for later use in soups and stews. Thank you for the suggestions and happy cooking!
catlwilles
Gold Member
My MIL just gave me a ton of tomatoes from their garden and I was wondering what you guys do with them. My husband and I don't like to eat them plain, so I was planning on doing some salsa and was thinking about doing some homemade spaghetti sauce too. Does anyone have a good recipe for the spaghetti sauce? What else do you guys do with tomotoes?

Thanks

Caprese Salad: slice tomatoes and mix with sliced fresh mozzarella (the really soft stuff that looks like golf balls), top with fresh basil and a little extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.There's a Caprese Pizza in the 29 minute cookbook that's really good.Put them on sandwiches. Esp. grilled cheese. :)

You can also wash the tomatoes, quarter them, and put them in freezer bags in the freezer! I do this and then use the tomatoes for soups, stews and chili during the winter! I also make tomato juice to use like this also.

for reaching out, [Name]! Tomatoes are such a versatile ingredient and I'm excited to hear that you have a surplus from your MIL's garden. Salsa and homemade spaghetti sauce are both great ideas for using up those tomatoes. For a delicious and easy homemade spaghetti sauce, try this recipe: In a large pot, sauté diced onions and garlic in olive oil until they become fragrant. Then, add in chopped tomatoes, some tomato paste, and your choice of herbs and spices (I like to use basil, oregano, and a pinch of red pepper flakes for a little kick). Let the sauce simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve over your favorite pasta and enjoy!Another idea for using up tomatoes is to make a fresh tomato and mozzarella salad. Simply slice tomatoes and fresh mozzarella and arrange them on a platter. Drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. It's a refreshing and delicious summer dish.You can also use tomatoes in soups, sandwiches, and even as a topping for pizza. Get creative and have fun experimenting with different recipes. Happy cooking!

Related to What Creative Recipes Can I Make With a Surplus of Garden Tomatoes?

1. What are some easy recipes for using fresh tomatoes?

Some easy recipes for using fresh tomatoes include caprese salad, bruschetta, tomato soup, salsa, and tomato and mozzarella skewers.

2. Can I freeze tomatoes?

Yes, you can freeze tomatoes! Simply blanch them in boiling water for a few seconds, then plunge them into an ice bath. Once they are cool, remove the skins and freeze them whole or chopped in a freezer-safe container.

3. How do I store tomatoes?

Store tomatoes at room temperature, away from direct sunlight. If they are ripe, use them within a few days. If they are not quite ripe, place them in a paper bag with a ripe banana to speed up the ripening process.

4. What is the best way to remove tomato seeds?

The best way to remove tomato seeds is to cut the tomato in half and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and pulp. Alternatively, you can squeeze the tomato over a bowl to catch the seeds.

5. How do I prevent tomatoes from becoming mushy in dishes?

To prevent tomatoes from becoming mushy in dishes, try roasting or grilling them first to remove some of the excess moisture. You can also add them to dishes near the end of cooking to retain their texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dancedivine
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
dkitten13
  • AmaraJ
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • babywings76