• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Three Cheese Garden Pizza....

I think the best way to make sure that the cheese doesn't turn out too smooshy is to put it in the freezer for a little while before making it.
dancedivine
Hey, guys!I'm making a three cheese garden pizza for a party I'm doing tomorrow... I just "tested" the recipe in my kitchen & I was not wild about it. But, at this point it's too late to decide on a different recipe since my hostess has already bought the ingredients.First of all, it turned out way too wet and mushy (the tomatoes' fault?).... Also, it really seemed kind of bland. Perhaps I really should add pizza sauce next time. Also, the crust seemed way too thin & pretty much ended up a sopping wet mess. Should I use two crusts & double them up?Anyway, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated... I'm about to give it another shot see what else I can try to make it a little better. Thanks for the help!!!:chef:

First, make sure you are using Roma Tomatoes - because other tomatoes will make it mushy because they have too much water in them.
It's been a while since I've made this - but if it doesn't call for it, add a clove of garlic to the sauce, and also some Italian Seasoning Mix.

AND - I have found that the best crust is the Pillsbury brand. Whenever I use a store brand it's just not the same. If you still aren't happy - try a Boboli crust. Those are pretty sturdy.

I wouldn't add pizza sauce, though.

did you brown the crust first? Also, (I think) the recipe says to make sure to put cheese straight on the crust before other ingredients to help absorb excess moisture....not sure if you did this or not, but maybe it will help. I made this at home thinking I would make it for my first show as well (1st show was last night)....ended up doing the deluxe cheeseburger salad at the show instead b/c was not thrilled with this recipe!
Jen

Our italian seasoning make a difference to me It taste so much better than the store bought type... if you don't have any... ask your recruiter or director for some... and also I don't use refrigerated pizza crust... I buy 2 boxes of the jiffy type and make it... it's very easy to do and it shows WAY more products and the dough is thicker... which means it's less soggy... I also use my pastry brush and brush on our garlic oil all over the crust before I bake it... and I always add an extra clove of garlic then it says & I spread it evenly over the dough....and did you prebake the crust? make sure you do... I bake it 5 minutes more then they say to... it's on a stone so it won't burn... Becky is right about the roma tomatoes.. and also follow the order of the way the veggies get put on it... makes a difference... the recipe on line... i believe has the propper order... because the ingredients that are give off the most moisture (tomatoes and mushrooms) should be near the top and not on the crust, I think that's how it goes... it's been about a year since I made this but I love this recipe!
Good luck!

I've never made it, but the first thing that came to my mind was to take the seeds out of the tomato with the core n more... sometimes that'll make things soggy...

I make this all the time. Make sure to bake crust w/ garlic on it for 7 mins before adding topping. also, i noticed the tomatoes right now arent too nice, so use a knife instead of the mandoline for now until they come in season. last night the tomatoes were a big mess. the pizza does turn out good if you use phillsbury and baked before cheese and toppings.

I think I have made this at 5 or more shows and it is always a hit. There is usually very little to non left at the end of the party.

I made this for the first time in prep for my first shows at my mom's on Saturday. There are two different Pillsbury crusts - one thin and one thicker. I used the thicker and we all raved about how great this recipe was! My only problem was the Mozzarella in the Mandoline - put it in the freezer longer than they said and it was still too smooshy to look good or sell the product. Also, the Cheddar grated beautifully but was literally a work- out!Any ideas on what I can do to improve on the Mozzarella?Deborah

I had the same trouble with the cheese when I did this at one of my first shows. I attributed it to it being very humid....but personally I would rather use the rotary grater to do the cheese, not the mandoline.

I have made this a few times and it was a huge hit there was never none left at the show. Make sure you follow the recipe to the tee though

I'm a new consultant and have made this twice already and gotten fantastic reviews. This Friday I'll be making it for the 3rd time.
I also use the basting brush to put some oil on my bar pan. Yes, It is greatly seasoned already but I was told that adding some extra oil helps give the crust that extra crispness. Then you do have to cruch the garlic into the oil to baste on top of the crust.
Add half the cheese mixture then bake for 7 minutes it says. Next time I will leave it just a tad longer since we needed to leave it in a bit longer the next time we out it in with all the veggies. And yep, tomatoes near the top so the crust doesn't get soggy. I didn't use the mandolin for the tomatoes because I still haven't figured that thing out yet!

I LOVE this pizza! For sure only use Roma tomatoes, do not add sauce, make sure you use fresh garlic, 2 cloves, and bake the crust for about 7-10 minutes before adding the toppings... this was a hit at EVERY show I did it at. One show loved it so much, we made two. The host just "happened" to have all the ingredients in her fridge. :)

Kitchen Diva said:
I LOVE this pizza! For sure only use Roma tomatoes, do not add sauce, make sure you use fresh garlic, 2 cloves, and bake the crust for about 7-10 minutes before adding the toppings... this was a hit at EVERY show I did it at. One show loved it so much, we made two. The host just "happened" to have all the ingredients in her fridge. :)

I agree - 100%

dkitten13 said:
I made this for the first time in prep for my first shows at my mom's on Saturday. There are two different Pillsbury crusts - one thin and one thicker. I used the thicker and we all raved about how great this recipe was! My only problem was the Mozzarella in the Mandoline - put it in the freezer longer than they said and it was still too smooshy to look good or sell the product. Also, the Cheddar grated beautifully but was literally a work- out!

Any ideas on what I can do to improve on the Mozzarella?

Deborah

I only promote the Grating Blade of the Mandoline for carrots, potatoes, etc. Cheese is too soft. HTH

I've made this recipe a lot and it always turns out really good and gets rave reviews. Definitely follow the recipe to the letter. Pressed garlic in the olive oil, brushed on and prebake the crust. It adds so much flavor. Then do a layer of the cheeses--make sure there's Italian seasoning in with the cheeses. Then be sure to follow the order that the recipe says to layer the toppings on. It makes a difference in the moisture for some reason. I've used regular tomatoes and as long as they are thinly sliced, I didn't have a problem. Also, when I grate cheese with the mandoline, I don't use the food holder part. I just take that off and hold the block in my hand and grate it. Just go slow and be careful as the cheese gets small.

dkitten13 said:
I made this for the first time in prep for my first shows at my mom's on Saturday. There are two different Pillsbury crusts - one thin and one thicker. I used the thicker and we all raved about how great this recipe was! My only problem was the Mozzarella in the Mandoline - put it in the freezer longer than they said and it was still too smooshy to look good or sell the product. Also, the Cheddar grated beautifully but was literally a work- out!

Any ideas on what I can do to improve on the Mozzarella?

Deborah

Buy the bag!

stefani2 said:
I only promote the Grating Blade of the Mandoline for carrots, potatoes, etc. Cheese is too soft. HTH

Me too, mostly. I don't have a problem grating small amounts of harder cheeses with the UM, but for mozzarella, I always just have my host get the pre-grated. In fact, I tell my hosts always that if they already have pre-grated cheese to not feel like they have to go out and buy a chunk of cheese. Pre-grated is the way we live! (I rarely buy block cheese, except for parmesan, romano, etc...)

stefani2 said:

Thank you, I will take that into consideration instead of getting sore muscles and wasting so much time!

What ingredients do I need to make the Three Cheese Garden Pizza?

To make the Three Cheese Garden Pizza, you will need 1 pre-made pizza crust, 1 cup of marinara sauce, 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup of chopped red bell pepper, 1/4 cup of chopped green bell pepper, 1/4 cup of chopped red onion, and 1/4 cup of chopped mushrooms.

Can I use a different type of cheese for this pizza?

Yes, you can use any type of cheese you prefer for this pizza. However, we recommend using a combination of three different cheeses for the best flavor.

Do I need to pre-cook the vegetables before adding them to the pizza?

No, you do not need to pre-cook the vegetables. They will cook perfectly on the pizza while it is in the oven.

What is the recommended baking time and temperature for this pizza?

The recommended baking time for the Three Cheese Garden Pizza is 10-12 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. However, please check the instructions on your pre-made pizza crust for specific baking guidelines.

Can I make this pizza in advance and reheat it later?

Yes, you can make the pizza in advance and reheat it later. We recommend storing it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. To reheat, place the pizza in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 5-7 minutes or until heated through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• carolinakitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • donnathepamperedchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
donnathepamperedchef
  • pregochef