• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! What Can Go With the Sun-Dried Tomato Tart Squares?

In summary, the person's coworker is coming to their show this Saturday morning and they are unsure of what to serve as an appetizer. They were thinking of asking the coworker if she wanted to do a dump cake in the micro, but the coworker said she wanted to offset the meal with something else. The person offers to bring a fruit dish, but recommends that the coworker make a simple green salad to go with the Tart Squares. The person also suggests that the coworker get a pineapple to demo the wedger if she wanted to.
PamperedSD
I'm new and I have my 3rd show this Saturday morning. Its someone from work and I asked her about a recipe - she said she didn't care so I offered the Sun-Dried Tomato Tart Squares since its a new fall recipe and I've made it once and loved it. She said yes but now she says "we should offset this not only with fruit but something else". She said she had 5 people coming and this makes a lot. Please help! :eek: What else can I offer with this? I was thinking of asking her if she wanted to do a dump cake in the micro? Its an 11:00 a.m. show. THANKS

Remember we are not cateror's. If she wants to have some fruit dish there, great find a PC recipe and she can make ahead. If you are feeling generous, in a post somewhere yesterday they talked about a fruit cobbler in the DCB. Say if you have 15 or more guest I will be happy to bring a fruit dish, but do not spend all night cooking a full course meal.

I would suggest that she might want to make a simple green salad to go with the Tart Squares. But, Shelly is right we are not caterers. When I let my host know what recipes I am offering, I immediately send them a email with the ingredient list at this time I also make some suggestions about what would go nicely with the dish that we are serving so that they can decide if they want to take the time to either prepare or purchase the rest. Like if I am making Chicken Fajitas with fresh salsa and guacamole, I suggest that if they want it to be a whole meal they could pick up some beans and Spanish rice to go with the fajitas as well as chips for the guac and salsa.

Be sure to check on the size of her microwave. If you have the deep covered baker, this would be a great way to create a desire for it. You could suggest that she get
a bag of salad mix, so she understands that you will not be preparing all the sides she has on her menu.

One of my biggest mistakes, over the years, is going along with my hostess' and, in fact,
catering her party. My trainer has told me time and time again, to simplify and go light on all the stuff I cart to my parties. Only buy the samples I will use, personally. Don't think I have to have every gadget to show at every party. I don't know if anyone learns from someone elses mistakes, but take it for what it is worth.

Thanks so much for all the advise! I agree with you Grandmarita - I only bought the mini kit just for that reason. I like the salad idea, maybe I can use the salad choppers to show them off. I use them at home just for the bag salad almost every night now.

Forgot to add - she is making up a fruit plate before I get there. I did suggest buying a pineapple to demo the wedger if she wanted to while the tart is cooking.

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Sun-Dried Tomato Tart Squares?

You will need 1 sheet of puff pastry, 1/4 cup of sun-dried tomatoes, 1/4 cup of pesto, 1/4 cup of shredded cheese, and 1 egg for egg wash.

2. Can I use store-bought puff pastry for this recipe?

Yes, store-bought puff pastry works just as well as homemade. Just make sure to thaw it according to the package instructions before using.

3. Can I use a different type of cheese for the tart squares?

Yes, you can use any type of shredded cheese you prefer. We recommend using a cheese with a strong flavor, such as feta or goat cheese, to complement the sun-dried tomatoes.

4. How do I store the leftovers?

The Sun-Dried Tomato Tart Squares can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, place them in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes.

5. Can I make these tart squares in advance?

Yes, you can assemble the tart squares ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator until ready to bake. Just make sure to add a few extra minutes to the baking time to account for the chilled puff pastry.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
slhale
  • chefheidi2003
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • twinmomjen