• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Girl's Night: Making Pesto-Tomato Galettes - Tips Welcome!

In summary, to make pesto-tomato galettes, you will need pre-made puff pastry, pesto, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil leaves. You can use any type of cheese that melts well as a substitute for mozzarella. The puff pastry does not need to be pre-baked before adding toppings. The galettes should bake for 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. They can be made ahead of time and reheated if necessary.
AmaraJ
I'm just thinking about making these tonight for a girls night - no show or demo involved.
If you've made them, do you have any helpful hints or suggestions? My plan is to do them as written, but not use the walnuts. I have tons of tomatoes in the garden and a huge bag of pesto in the freezer, so the only thing I should have to buy is the dough.

I have made them several times. I recommend the walnuts though. They are easy and delicious!!

I don't use the walnuts. I went to the store the other day and a choc. chip sized bag was $8.29!!! I just grate a little parmesan over the top. I love these, I will even eat them as a meal and they make the house smell great too!

They're delicious and the girls always love them. I've never made them with the nuts. Enjoy!

I made them at a show this week and LOVE them! Super easy! When I make them at home I don't use the nuts. At the show I actually forgot the mozzarella and just used the parmesan and they still tasted great!

I reccommend using pizza dough instead. I go to winco (they make pizzas in the store) and ask for a chunk of dough. It only cost 99 cents and taste much better.

Related to Girl's Night: Making Pesto-Tomato Galettes - Tips Welcome!

1. What ingredients do I need to make the pesto-tomato galettes?

To make the pesto-tomato galettes, you will need pre-made puff pastry, pesto, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil leaves.

2. Can I use a different type of cheese instead of mozzarella?

Yes, you can use any type of cheese that melts well, such as goat cheese or feta. However, the flavor and texture may be slightly different.

3. Do I need to pre-bake the puff pastry before adding the toppings?

No, you can add the toppings directly onto the raw puff pastry and bake it all together. This will give the pastry a flakier texture.

4. How long do the galettes need to bake in the oven?

The galettes should bake for about 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Keep an eye on them towards the end to make sure they don't burn.

5. Can I make the pesto-tomato galettes ahead of time?

Yes, you can assemble the galettes ahead of time and store them in the fridge until you're ready to bake them. They can also be reheated in the oven or microwave if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
JennLizFran
  • Jenn822
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jenn822
Replies
Views
Staci