• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Turtle Fudge & Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Brie Show: Tips for Success!

In summary, Bobby plans to have the turtle fudge skillet cake and the sun-dried tomato pesto brie ready to come out of the oven when the guests arrive. He recommends either having the cake already out or turning it out in the skillet so that he can focus on the appetizer.
tinat51796
I have a show tomorrow night and they are expecting between 10-15 guests. I told the host, a friend of mine, that we could do two recipes. We're doing the turtle fudge skillet cake and the sun-dried tomato pesto brie. I plan to do an interactive show because they want to try out all the tools (plus I'm more comfortable doing that!). Would you do both recipes or have one coming out of the oven when they get there? I'd appreciate any tips you can share. Thanks!

That sounds like the same show that I do most of the time, but I bake the cake at home and bring it still in the skilllet. I let them put the icing on while my other recipe is in the oven.
Bobby

I can't bring the cake from home because I'm coming straight from my full time job but I was thinking about making it and having it ready to come out of the oven when the guests get there and then they can make the other recipe and I was thinking about bringing the UM with some potatoes so they can try it too.

Is it odd to have the dessert ready and then make the appetizer? Maybe it goes back to my childhood....not dessert until you've eaten everything else!

About the time the cake is finished, the main recipe is coming out of the oven. They get to look at and smell the cake while they eat. I do Tex Mex Chicken Melts which is simular to what you do.
Bobby

Thanks for the suggestions! I think I will try it that way. I really want to give them the chance to use as many of the tools as they can. I love these interactive shows!

The only problem that I had at my last show is a lady pressed too hard on the Mandolin and made tomato juice instead of sliced tomatos.
I think the guest like to try the tools before they buy. The other guest that already have something always help out by commenting on theirs. Plus I get nervous if the guest are just sitting there watching.
Bobby

I feel the same way! I still feel like there are so many things that I forget to say but the interactive format definitely feels so much more relaxed.

My last interactive show I got to use my favorite phrase, "I'm the Pampered Chef, not the perfect chef." I left my garlic press on my kitchen counter. Several guests already had one and talked it up for me. They loved using the items. Some guests continued sitting in the living room, but that was okay. They spent more time really looking through the catalog.

lockhartkitchen said:
My last interactive show I got to use my favorite phrase, "I'm the Pampered Chef, not the perfect chef." I left my garlic press on my kitchen counter. Several guests already had one and talked it up for me. They loved using the items. Some guests continued sitting in the living room, but that was okay. They spent more time really looking through the catalog.
I stopped putting catalogs out. That way they don't have any other distractions!

I would have the skillet cake ready to come out of the oven for an Ah Ha moment when you turn it out. Or have it already turned out but put back in the skillet to turn it out for the guests and then top it. That way you can focus more on one recipe than trying to get two done.

What ingredients are needed for the Turtle Fudge?

The Turtle Fudge recipe requires 1 1/2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips, 1 can of sweetened condensed milk, 1/4 cup of butter, 1 cup of chopped pecans, and 1 cup of mini marshmallows.

Can I use a different type of cheese for the Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Brie?

Yes, you can substitute the brie cheese with any other type of soft cheese such as goat cheese or cream cheese. However, the texture and taste may vary from the original recipe.

How long does it take to make the Turtle Fudge?

The Turtle Fudge takes about 15 minutes to prepare and an additional 1-2 hours to cool and set before serving.

Can I make the Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Brie ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Brie a day in advance. Simply store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator and bring it to room temperature before serving.

Do I need any special kitchen tools for this show?

No, you do not need any special kitchen tools for this show. However, having a small food processor or blender for making the pesto and a double boiler for melting the chocolate may make the process easier.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • cheflorraine
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
GinaG623
  • melaniehay22
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies