• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Difficulty With Pizza Crust!! Help!!

In summary, the person is asking for suggestions on how to make their calzone come out well. They mention that they bring their own ingredients and that keeping the dough refrigerated and cold is important. They also mention that they want the calzone to look pretty and that any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
DonnaYork
I LOVE making the ham and cheese calzone and I can recover when the pizza dough doesn't come out well, but I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE any input on how to make it come out nice and neat.

I bring my own ingredients and I know it's important to keep the dough refrigerated and cold just before use, and I put it in a freezer bag in a a cooler but they still stick to the 'can' and always, always, always have holes in them!!

I want them to look pretty like on the demo video! :eek:)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!

Donna

i'm doing this recipe tomorrow, so bumping for suggestions!!!

I know that I have had a little difficulty with this.
I know one of my hostesses bought the thin crust, and that was aweful. Also, when I have used it at home, I have noticed that it kind of depends on the store where I buy it from. I know that kinda sounds dumb, but I assume that the busier store has fresher product. When I get them from that store, they seem to work out better. When I buy them at my local store that doesn't have as much traffic and they are more likely to sit on the shelf for a few weeks, I seem to have more trouble with them.
Kinda sounds dumb, and it might be a stretch, but look for the ones with the furthest date.

I have not done this but a team member has ALOT! If the bottom is soggy her #1 tip was to make sure they are buying SMOKED ham. The other ham has too much water in it.

Can you explain more about how it is not turning out right? What is it doing? Is it over cooked and sticking? too gooey not cooked enough?

I've had a few "dud" pizza crusts myself. Be sure to check the date before you buy it and try not to get it too long before you need it. I usually buy 2 "just in case" I end up with a bad one.

Here is my recipe for no-fail pizza dough. I love it b/c it is so easy and I can freeze them too.
1 1/2t yeast (or one packet if you do packets)
2t sugar
3/4c warm water
1 3/4c bread flour
1t salt
2T olive oilMix yeast, sugar and water. Sit 5 minutes. Mix in separate bowl (batter bowl works GREAT!) the flour and salt. Make a hole in the middle and add olive oil and yeast mix. Gradually add the flour to the water. Knead 5 minutes. Let sit for 45 minutes (or whenever you happen to remember like I do!) to rise. Punch. Put in fridge overnight covered or freezer if you want a batch later. Pull it out to warm up 1-2 hours before using the dough. 6 ingredients and that's it! Now, if you don't know what to do with all the leftover bread flour, you can make the most DEE-licious chocolate chip cookies in the world found here:
http://allthingsriley.wordpress.com/2009/07/03/chewy-chocolate-chip-cookies/

I use the boxed Jiffy pizza crust and Wal-Mart's Great Value crust. Both taste good and they are fairly easy to roll out on the large bar pan and the pizza stones. I just put oil on my hands and roll it out with my hands.

why don't we use pc's pizza crust for these?

What could be causing my pizza crust to turn out tough and chewy?

There are a few potential reasons for tough and chewy pizza crust. It could be due to overworking the dough, using too much flour, or not allowing the dough to rest and rise properly. Make sure to follow the recipe instructions carefully and let the dough rest for the recommended time to achieve a softer crust.

How can I prevent my pizza crust from getting soggy?

Soggy pizza crust is often caused by too many toppings or not pre-baking the crust before adding toppings. To prevent this, try using fewer toppings and pre-baking the crust for a few minutes before adding toppings. You can also sprinkle a small amount of cornmeal or bread crumbs on the crust before adding toppings to help absorb excess moisture.

My pizza crust keeps burning on the bottom. What am I doing wrong?

If your pizza crust is burning on the bottom, it could be due to using a pan that is too thin or placing the pizza too close to the heat source. Try using a thicker pan or moving the pizza to a higher rack in the oven. You can also try using a pizza stone or baking the pizza on a preheated sheet pan to evenly distribute heat.

How can I make my pizza crust more flavorful?

To add more flavor to your pizza crust, you can try using different types of flour, such as whole wheat or bread flour, or adding herbs and spices to the dough. You can also brush the crust with garlic butter or olive oil before baking for added flavor. Experiment with different ingredients to find the perfect flavor for your taste.

Can I make pizza crust without a pizza stone?

Yes, you can make pizza crust without a pizza stone. A pizza stone helps distribute heat evenly and can result in a crispier crust, but it is not necessary. You can use a baking sheet, cast iron skillet, or even a preheated sheet pan to achieve a similar result. Just make sure to preheat the pan before adding the pizza dough.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsteph07
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Bowlersbus
Replies
Views
Staci
  • erinpcmorgan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies