• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

DIY Salsa Party: Has Anyone Tried the Salad Chopper Trick?

So what are the amounts of the ingredients... It sounds easy and I would like to demo it for my shows this weekend.Thanks All!Oh yum!!!
jenandnelson
Has anyone made salsa using the new salad chopper? I heard that you can put the ingredients in a batter bowl and pass the bowl around the party with the salad chopper and presto, instant party-goer made salsa...Anyone try this or have any suggestions?

I started doing this hands on demo since May and have sold 1-2 pairs a show! Plus I love the salsa so much I have left over ingredients to make some at home for us! Yumms!

Yes, Heather got us all addicted to this salsa - it is good!

I had a guest at my last show run to the store afterwards to get ingredients to make it at home.

Also, when Vista Print had free postcards recently I had some made up with this recipe on them and saying "courtesy of your pampered chef consultant" and I hand them out at my show as a "free gift". Everyone loved them last time.

Excellent, thanks. Do you just put the tomatoes and onions in the bowl and add the lemon juice and cilantro at the end? anything I missed? Thanks so much!

The only thing I changed from the "original" recipe in the catalog is to squeeze the garlic in the garlic press rather than chopping it.

Yes, the cilantro and LIME juice are added later...(2nd round of chopping).

Ah thanks, yes lemon juice may have been pretty nasty.Mom of 3 under 5 and a little brain dead this evening!!!
Thanks...

Love this!I love this idea and want to do it at my Grand Opening! I am VERY new to PC-this week. What is the recipe/where can I find it??

Jessica

I highly recommend doing this at shows too! I started doing it and sell at least a couple at every show. OFten, the hosts get so excited about it too and tell their outside orderers so I've gotten a handful of outside orders wanting it too!

This works for fruit salsas too in most cases. It's kind of fun to offer your hosts 3-4 choices of salsas you can do as a side recipe. I found it even chops chicken too if you're putting it on a salad or something. Cooked chicken, obviously.

janetupnorth said:
Yes, Heather got us all addicted to this salsa - it is good!

I had a guest at my last show run to the store afterwards to get ingredients to make it at home.

Also, when Vista Print had free postcards recently I had some made up with this recipe on them and saying "courtesy of your pampered chef consultant" and I hand them out at my show as a "free gift". Everyone loved them last time.
That's a great idea Janet! Next time I order from Vista I will have to remember to make up some free recipe cards of this recipe!:D

Question... is this the recipe that is in the catalog? I would love to try it at my next show, I just want to be sure.

GourmetGirl said:
Question... is this the recipe that is in the catalog? I would love to try it at my next show, I just want to be sure.
Yep, that's the one!:)

Yes and it's soo yummy, every time I take it to a family or freinds gathering they all inhale it like I do!

Thanks girls. I guess I better get the Salad Chopper or I can't do the demo.

Julie

Recipe?So what are the amounts of the ingredients... It sounds easy and I would like to demo it for my shows this weekend.

Thanks All!

Oh yum!!!
Does anyone have the recipe typed up?

It's the one in the catalog.

Place 1 small peeled onion, 1 peeled garlic clove, 1 whole jalapeno pepper, stem removed, and 1/4 cup cilantro leaves in Classic Batter Bowl. Coarsely chop using Salad Chopper. Add 1 cup grape tomatoes and 1/2 teaspoon salt; chop until vegetables are uniform in size. Squeeze lime over salsa using Citrus Press; stir.

This is the best salsa, add more/less jalapeno for more/less heat!

Attachments

• Southwest Salsa.doc
    19 KB · Views: 382
dannyzmom said:
Oh yum!!!
Does anyone have the recipe typed up?

Hey Carolyn - when we swapped items, I sent you a postcard with the recipe on it so you could see my design with Vista Print - check it out...

GREAT idea! I'm trying this at my shows after conference!

I've made it so many times, I just eye ball everything and it still turns out soo good! LOL - I'm indulging in a mini batch as we speak, after reading the posts yesterday, I had a craving for it!

Ps. Janet I just ordered My free Post cards to print the recipe on! Very cute card I might add, which one did you use? I picked the one with the chef hat, salt-pepper and frying pan on it! Thanks again for the clever idea!

heat123 said:
Ps. Janet I just ordered My free Post cards to print the recipe on! Very cute card I might add, which one did you use? I picked the one with the chef hat, salt-pepper and frying pan on it! Thanks again for the clever idea!

:) Glad to share the idea! That is the exact one I used!

The cards were a hit at my last show! Everyone loved taking the recipe home and it cuts down on catalogs going home with people for recipes only and no additional orders.

What else do you make at the shows to go with the salsa or do you just make one recipe?

JoLynn

Mine is just a hands on demo thing so it goes with my main recipe -whatever that happens to be and usually the host has chips anyways so they can dip it or not but the purpose is really to get their hands on the choppers!

I did this at my show today and didn't sell any... I was a little bummed. I talked up the other uses, etc. I plan on doing it at my show tomorrow also, we will see if i have any luck there. I did get a booking today so that was nice. (this was only my 2nd show...)

Sounds like a great idea. I think I'll implement it at my next show... but I need the recipe. Can someone please post it?

Thanks

micocina said:
Sounds like a great idea. I think I'll implement it at my next show... but I need the recipe. Can someone please post it?

Thanks
Oh, it's very good. I made it last night and will do this at my upcoming shows....I'll throw everything in the bowl and pass it around for everyone to chop with the salad choppers. The recipe is on page 22 in the catalog.

Plus it's posted at the very top of this page by Ann!

Someone else suggested using the garlic press rather than adding the garlic to just chop it up. I definitely recommend that! The slippery garlic tends to not get chopped fine enough with the rest of the salsa. You can also use the Core N' More to take the seeds out of the jalapeño for less heat.

I didn't really think I wanted the salad chopper until reading THIS POST, and now I just got mine in the mail......I CAN'T WAIT to try that salsa everyone is raving about!!!

Oh, and what's this about FREE recipe cards?!?!? Where do we get those?!?? I LOVE free stuff!!!!

We can order recipe cards on supply order to pass out to our customers. They have recipes from the Taste of the Tropics theme on them.

Janet was talking about using Vista Print & having that recipe printed on them. Sometimes Vista gives free business cards, you just have to pay shipping.

I just ordered my FREE salsa recipe cards from Vista, I can't wait to get them and hand them out with my demo!

How do we find Vista?

itsjustCarla said:
How do we find Vista?

www.vistaprint.com

I get the 100 free postcards, just pay shipping and hand them out at shows.

I got some last month with the salsa recipe on them. This month I got ones with a Peanut Butter Cup Trifle on them that I'm making at shows.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm peanut butter cup trifle...............on my way to get mine now.

Do you provide the recipe to them?

Last edited:

1. Has anyone tried the salad chopper trick for a DIY salsa party?

Yes, many customers have successfully used the salad chopper to make salsa at their parties. It's a fun and interactive way to involve everyone in the salsa-making process.

2. Can I make salsa using the new salad chopper from Pampered Chef?

Yes, the salad chopper from Pampered Chef is specifically designed to chop vegetables and fruits, making it perfect for making salsa.

3. How does the salad chopper work for making salsa?

The salad chopper has two blades that rotate in opposite directions, effectively chopping and mixing the ingredients in the bowl. Simply place your desired salsa ingredients in a batter bowl, pass the bowl around the party, and everyone can take turns using the salad chopper to chop and mix the salsa.

4. Any tips or suggestions for using the salad chopper for a salsa party?

We recommend using fresh and firm vegetables for the salsa, as softer ones may get mushy when chopped. It's also helpful to have a variety of ingredients to choose from, such as tomatoes, onions, peppers, and cilantro, to cater to different tastes.

5. Is there a specific recipe or guide for making salsa with the salad chopper?

While there is no specific recipe, you can use any salsa recipe you like and simply chop the ingredients with the salad chopper. You can also experiment with different ingredient combinations to create your own unique salsa recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dsmegnky
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
yummybytes
Replies
Views
heat123
  • Chefkelly88
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies