• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tried & Tested Salsa Recipe for Salad Choppers

In summary, the mango salsa recipe is easy to follow and delicious. Adding lime zest and juice (or salt) makes it more flavorful.
dsmegnky
Hi,
I need a salsa recipe that someone has tried with the salad choppers. I have a show on Saturday and I have never tired it, so I would like one that you guys have tried and think is really good.

I appreciate any help!! :)

Thanks!!

The one in the catalog on the page with the salad chopper is AWESOME!!!

I seen that recipe in there, but can you use roma tomatoes instead? If so, how many do you think I would need instead of the 1 cup grape tomatoes?
Does that make quite a bit or should I double it?

Thanks....

I haven't made that salsa yet but the roma's would work fine. How many depends on the size of the tomatoes (I have seen a wide range in sizes for those). Put them in a prep bowl if you need to compare/measure to the recipe.

I HAVE made the mango salsa with the salad choppers and it is SOooooooooooooo easy and awesome! I started it and then passed to bowl around for everyone to give it a few chops. They loved it and a couple of them bought the product.

I wouldn't worry too much about the amount....I just threw ingredients in once until it looked right & it was good. For a show, I'd just have each ingredient in a prep bowl.
When I made mine, I also added some lime zest & juice (show microplane & juicer), and dh said it needed some salt.

I tried this, too, and the only thing I'd change is to use the garlic press instead of chopping it to prevent big chunks of garlic. Otherwise, GREAT recipe! Oh, and start with just a little cilantro and work your way up.

I use the garlic press first and quarter the jalepeno in fourths lengthwise.

Do you take the seeds out of the pepper or leave them in? Does that name it hotter? What is the flavor that cilantro gives it if there is too much?

How should the tomatoes be cut before I put them in the bowl?

Thanks....

The seeds and membrane of the pepper will make it hotter. So if you want it milder, cut it in half lengthwise and use the Cook's Corer end of the Core and More to scrape them out.

Cilantro seems to be an acquired taste, so use a little, and then add it if there's not enough. (I personally really like cilantro, but I know someone who refers to it as the Devil's seasoning.)

chefann said:
Cilantro seems to be an acquired taste, so use a little, and then add it if there's not enough. (I personally really like cilantro, but I know someone who refers to it as the Devil's seasoning.)

To some people cilantro tastes like soap.

I frequently substitute parsley instead of using cilantro. I've even used basil as that is what I had in the house.

I love cilantro. To me it's what gives things a fresh, Mexican taste.

Yumm Cilantro! I put extra in my salsa!

Cilantro--YUCK!!! I started with 1/8 the amt called for and that was enough for me!

To our family, it just isn't salsa unless it has cilantro!!

See what I mean? People either love it or hate it!

Yeah, my friend hates it. I love her anyway, though.

There is a restaurant here that has a Lime-Cilantro Vinagrette dressing that is out of this world fabulous. My neighbor was their chef and I could never get the recipe out of him.

Well --- he was offered a much better job at a much better restaurant. He's giving me the recipe for the dressing :) WOO HOO!! :)

Sorry -- sorta thread hijack. I better go post in the hijack thread :p

1. What ingredients are needed for the Tried & Tested Salsa Recipe for Salad Choppers?

The ingredients needed for this salsa recipe are 1 can of diced tomatoes, 1 small onion, 1 jalapeno pepper, 1 garlic clove, 1 lime, 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste.

2. Can I adjust the spiciness of the salsa?

Yes, you can adjust the spiciness of the salsa by adding more or less jalapeno pepper. You can also remove the seeds and membrane of the pepper for a milder flavor.

3. Do I need any special equipment to make this salsa?

No, you do not need any special equipment to make this salsa. However, using a salad chopper can make the process easier and faster.

4. How long can I store the salsa?

The salsa can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Make sure to stir before serving.

5. Can I use fresh tomatoes instead of canned?

Yes, you can use fresh tomatoes instead of canned. Simply dice 2-3 medium-sized tomatoes and use them in place of the canned tomatoes. Make sure to remove the seeds and excess liquid before adding them to the recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jenandnelson
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
itsjustCarla
  • stefani2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
stefani2
Replies