• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Old Catalog Salsa Recipe: Grape Tomatoes & Classic Batter Bowl

I always take the seeds (and white area) out of the jalepenos so it's not too spicey - you never know about guests spicey quota. I love jalepenos. I love saying "jalapenos". Off topic - there was a commercial out for a shredded cheese mix - one of the ladies says she loves "jah-LA-pen-ohs" - it cracks me...I think she's trying to say "jalapeno peppers". I think she's trying to say "jalapeno peppers".
I am looking for the salsa recipe that was in last years catalog. You use grape tomatoes and mix everything in the classic batter bowl with the salad choppers Thanks!

cincychef said:
I am looking for the salsa recipe that was in last years catalog. You use grape tomatoes and mix everything in the classic batter bowl with the salad choppers Thanks!

1 small onion
bunch of fresh cilantro
1-3 garlic cloves
1 whole jalapeno

Chop in bowl using salad chopper.

Add:
1 pint grape tomatoes
1/4 tsp salt, maybe more if you'd like

Chop.

Add juice from 1 lime.

I do this at almost every show and they love it!

Thank you! I thought that was the list but I kept thinking I was forgetting something.

I don't do the jalepenos for fear someone will then try to put their finger on it, then their eye!

chefmeg said:
I don't do the jalepenos for fear someone will then try to put their finger on it, then their eye!

I usually end up burning my eye at every show. I must be getting immune! :)

Usually there's someone who gripes about the jalapeno and so I have to spend an hour encouraging them that it wont' be that bad. I don't take it out though because I don't think it has much flavor without it.

I just put a can of mild green chiles in it--shows the can opener. I did this last month at 12 shows and sold over 100 salad chopers.

^most excellent idea Nancy! Thanks for the recipe Keith!

I would not no were to begin with a fresh jalepenos. Seeds in or out? I have never used them before... I do love this I idea. I am doing a show this weekend and we are making Empanada Grande this would be great with it.

I use fresh green chili pepper. It's milder than jalapeno, but still gives the salsa that nice fresh flavor. I seed it first though.

Jenni said:
I would not no were to begin with a fresh jalepenos. Seeds in or out? I have never used them before... I do love this I idea. I am doing a show this weekend and we are making Empanada Grande this would be great with it.

Seeds OUT unless you want it extra hot!:rolleyes:

I make it with the seeds in, just cut off the top of the pepper. It has a kick to it, but I sold 10 salad choppers by doing that demo.

Does anyone have a photo of how this turns out, I am interested to see how good the salad chopper works.

I don't have a photo, but it does turn out great, I can tell you that :)

Mr. Pampered Chef said:
Does anyone have a photo of how this turns out, I am interested to see how good the salad chopper works.

It turns out so great! There is a picture of it in catalogs from the last 2 seasons.

I do this as a pass around interactive demo - I pass the bowl around, and let everyone chop it a bit, and by the time it gets around the room it's done, everyone is so impressed, and I sell a TON of salad choppers!:thumbup:

(It's addictive too! Incredibly delicious!)

I haven't tried that but have thought about doing it at shows. I might have to break down & give it a whirl.

OMg...options!
I reallllly want to do this at a show...pass the bowl around...i talk about it all the time at shows, but have never done it.

Now I have too many options...I don't know which way to go!
With jalapeno or chili pepper or can of green chilies...
!!!!!
hmmmm........................................

use the corer to take the seeds out of the jalepeno (without it it just ain't Salsa Sorry!!)I use the garlic press for the garlic to keep it from getting hung in the blades of the chopper and it distributes better

Teresa Lynn said:
use the corer to take the seeds out of the jalepeno (without it it just ain't Salsa Sorry!!)

I use the garlic press for the garlic to keep it from getting hung in the blades of the chopper and it distributes better

I use the garlic press too - plus, then you show another tool!

I did this Salad Chopper Salsa as an interactive demo and sold 2 at my last show! The guests loved chopping up the ingredients. Then they raved about how good the salsa was!

Good idea about pressing the garlic - I found the garlic was in too large chunks.

I always take the seeds (and white area) out of the jalapenos so it's not too spicey - you never know about guests spicey quota. I love jalepenos. I love saying "jalapenos". Off topic - there was a commercial out for a shredded cheese mix - one of the ladies says she loves "jah-LA-pen-ohs" - it cracks me up!

Last edited:

1. Can I use any type of tomato for the Old Catalog Salsa Recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of tomato for this recipe. However, using grape tomatoes will give the salsa a sweeter and more concentrated flavor.

2. Do I need to peel the grape tomatoes for this recipe?

No, you do not need to peel the grape tomatoes. The skin is thin and tender, and will add texture to the salsa.

3. What is the Classic Batter Bowl and why is it used in this recipe?

The Classic Batter Bowl is a versatile and durable mixing bowl that is perfect for making this salsa recipe. Its large size and wide base allow for easy mixing and tossing of ingredients, and the spout makes it easy to pour the salsa into a serving dish.

4. How long will the Old Catalog Salsa Recipe last in the fridge?

This salsa can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. Just make sure to keep it covered or in an airtight container.

5. Can I add additional ingredients to this recipe?

Yes, feel free to customize this recipe to your liking by adding additional ingredients such as diced onions, chopped cilantro, or diced avocado. Just make sure to adjust the seasonings accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Perian Webb
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • janetupnorth
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • BlessedWifeMommy