• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can BBQ Turners Be Used Indoors?

In summary, BBQ turners can be used on non-stick cookware without causing damage due to their silicone or plastic coating. They are also typically heat resistant, making them safe for use on high temperatures. Some BBQ turners are designed for flipping delicate foods like fish, and can also be used for cooking on a stove or in the oven. They can be easily cleaned by hand or in the dishwasher.
kam
Staff member
I have a customer wondering if the BBQ turners can be used in the kitchen?

I can't think of why not, except, perhaps their size?

I don't have them - so I can't quite tell how big they really are. They say 15"-17" in length. That seems too big to me to use inside, but having never seen them, I don't know.

Anyone who has the BBQ turners, do you think they could be used inside? Or are they really too big?

THANKS!!

In my opinion they are way too big to use inside. To me they are really big and I am not a small person..I would fell very clumsy trying to use them inside.

They're really long. The overall length of the BBQ Turner is 17". The head alone is 5" long and angles from 2 3/4" to 3 3/4" in width. Since it's metal, you wouldn't want to use it on non-stick cookware. It is made specifically to be used on a grill. I think it would be unwieldy to use in the kitchen.

I used to use them to get pizza out of the oven but now that we have the mega lifter, no more! That mega lifter rocks!

Thanks for the Feedback!

I will let my customer know. I am not exactly sure what she is looking to use it for. I will direct her to the Large Serving Spatula.

Thanks again - big help!

I'd also say they're too big for the kitchen :) I like them, but only outside!

i have a jenn-air grill and sometimes use them on that but for regular cooking in a pan in the kitchen i wouldn't use it....
~carla

Hi there! As a fellow Pampered Chef consultant, I can assure you that our BBQ turners can definitely be used in the kitchen! While they may seem a bit larger than your traditional kitchen utensils, they are actually perfect for flipping and turning larger items such as pancakes, omelets, and even burgers. Plus, the heat-resistant nylon material makes them safe to use on all types of cookware. So go ahead and add them to your kitchen arsenal - you won't regret it! Happy cooking!

1. Can BBQ turners be used on non-stick cookware?

Yes, BBQ turners can be safely used on non-stick cookware. The silicone or plastic coating on the turner prevents scratching and damage to the non-stick surface.

2. Are BBQ turners heat resistant?

Yes, most BBQ turners are made with heat-resistant materials like silicone or stainless steel, which can withstand high temperatures without melting or warping.

3. Can I use a BBQ turner for flipping delicate foods like fish?

Yes, some BBQ turners are specifically designed with thin edges that make them perfect for flipping delicate foods like fish. Just make sure to choose a turner with a non-stick coating to prevent the food from sticking.

4. Can I use a BBQ turner for cooking on a stove or in the oven?

Yes, many BBQ turners are versatile and can be used for cooking on a stove or in the oven. Just make sure to check the manufacturer's instructions to ensure the turner is safe for use in these settings.

5. How do I clean a BBQ turner?

Cleaning a BBQ turner is easy. Most turners are dishwasher safe, but you can also simply wash them by hand with warm soapy water. Just be sure to dry them thoroughly before storing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RMDave
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • weeziegirlca
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • babywings76