• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

BBQ Basting Bottle: Does It Come With A Lid?

In summary, the BBQ basting bottle does not come with a lid, but it is a great suggestion to HO to add one to their product line. Customers have been asking for a lid to store leftover sauce in the fridge, and Sunny D has a lid that may work perfectly.
ChefClairissa
I'm wondering, does the BBQ basting bottle come with a lid or cap? I have had many customers asking if there is a lid so they can store left over sauce in the fridge. I havent seen one in personso any help would be great!

No it doesn't but what a terrific suggestion to HO. Please let them know your idea. Good thinking!!!

The only thing about not wanting a lid is as soon as you containmenate (sp?) your sauce with raw meat, you shouldn't reuse it.

My thoughts exactly. I'm sure that is why there isn't one with it already.

There isn't a lid because there isn't any mechanism to keep the sauce that has touched the meat (or even the bristles that have been contaminated) from getting back in the bottle. It would be a BAD idea to keep and reuse the bottle. Don't fill it more than what you think you would use. You can always add more to the bottle.

If you popped off the brush, wouldnt the sauce left in the bottle never have touched the brush?

Ok i get it now! Thanks everyone!

For those guests who still would like a lid even after you explain about the cross contamination concern - you can tell them a Sunny D lid works perfectly. Not sure what size but a past host of mine emailed me to tell me that she tried it and it worked.

ChefClairissa said:
If you popped off the brush, wouldnt the sauce left in the bottle never have touched the brush?
Since you squeeze out the sauce onto the brush, when you let go, some of the sauce will get sucked back down into the bottle. I sure hope that makes sense! ;)

You all are correct about HO's reasoning for no lid...I remember this coming up right after they came out with it. It's just a safety issue.

If anyone uses the Sunny D lid (I will keep this in mind to tell customers who WANT a lid) I would certainly remind them to ONLY use the remaining sauce on something that will be completely cooked afterwards. NEVER use "raw" sauce that could possibly contain any meat or poultry juices! Even then, I wouldn't keep it more than a few days.

1. Can the BBQ Basting Bottle be used for both hot and cold liquids?

Yes, the BBQ Basting Bottle is designed to withstand both hot and cold liquids, making it perfect for basting sauces and marinades on the grill.

2. Is the lid of the BBQ Basting Bottle leak-proof?

Yes, the lid of the BBQ Basting Bottle is designed to be leak-proof, ensuring that your sauces and marinades stay contained while basting.

3. Can the BBQ Basting Bottle be used for storing sauces?

Yes, the BBQ Basting Bottle is designed to be used for both basting and storing sauces. The lid securely seals the bottle, keeping your sauces fresh until ready to use.

4. Is the BBQ Basting Bottle dishwasher safe?

Yes, the BBQ Basting Bottle is dishwasher safe for easy and convenient cleaning. However, we recommend hand washing the lid to prolong its durability.

5. What is the capacity of the BBQ Basting Bottle?

The BBQ Basting Bottle has a capacity of 12 ounces, making it the perfect size for holding a generous amount of your favorite basting sauce.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • Jenni
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefMary412
  • KWilliams2329