• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bbq Basting Bottle Vs. Basting Brush

In summary, the conversation discusses the effectiveness and ease of use of a basting bottle and brush for applying sauce to meat. Some users prefer the brush over the bottle due to the bottle's small hole, difficulty in cleaning, and potential contamination. Others have found alternative uses for the bottle, such as a bath toy. Overall, it is recommended to opt for the basting brush instead of the bottle.
babywings76
Gold Member
My mom is wondering how well the basting bottle works. How do you control the flow of the sauce? Do you squeeze it or does it pour out? Is it easy to clean? Has anyone tried using the new basting brush? Is it drippy when you dip it and move over to your meat to baste?

My DH has used the new basting brush. He said at first it took a bit of getting used to- because it holds a lot more sauce than the bristle-type brush....so it went on thicker- which is a GOOD thing. He said he really liked it after he realized that it holds the sauce better. I don't have the basting bottle- but I thought I had read once before that the hole was rather small. I would think it would be hard to clean. :yuck: The new brush is a piece of cake to pop off the head and throw it in the dishwasher!

I really dislike the bottle.

It's unsanitary & wasteful (if you put too much sauce in the bottle, and don't use it all - you have to throw it out because of possible contamination from raw meat), it's harder to fill it than it is to use a bowl and mine stained after using it a few times....and I was never able to get it completely clean. It's sitting in the back of my cupboard.

Thanks! That's what I was suspecting of both products. She's going to try our new basting brush. :)

I got rid of my basting bottle. The hole (to me) was fairly big and if you had a thinner suace/marinade in it the contents would pour out rather quickly.

My DH hates the basting bottle...we never use it- sits in a drawer.

Cr8vKitchen said:
My DH hates the basting bottle...we never use it- sits in a drawer.

Ours is currently in the tub, being used as a bath toy :blushing:

NooraK said:
Ours is currently in the tub, being used as a bath toy :blushing:

GREAT idea!

Ah man really???? The basting bottle is that bad! Dang it! I just got mine in....haven't used it yet :( My boyfriend will be sooooo sad to hear! Guess I will order him the brush now!

abigailhutch said:
Ah man really???? The basting bottle is that bad! Dang it! I just got mine in....haven't used it yet :( My boyfriend will be sooooo sad to hear! Guess I will order him the brush now!

Send back the bottle and get the brush instead.

What is the difference between a BBQ basting bottle and a basting brush?

A BBQ basting bottle is a container with a nozzle that allows you to squeeze out sauces or marinades onto your food, while a basting brush is a tool with bristles used to spread the sauce or marinade onto the food.

Which one is better for basting meat on the grill?

It ultimately depends on personal preference, but a BBQ basting bottle is often preferred for larger cuts of meat as it allows for more even distribution of the sauce. However, a basting brush can be better for more delicate foods such as fish or vegetables.

Are there any benefits to using a BBQ basting bottle over a basting brush?

Using a BBQ basting bottle can be less messy and more efficient, as it allows for better control and less waste of the sauce or marinade. It also eliminates the need for constantly dipping the brush into the sauce, which can lead to cross-contamination.

Can a basting brush be used with a BBQ basting bottle?

Yes, you can use a basting brush to spread the sauce from a BBQ basting bottle onto your food. This can be helpful for more precise application or for adding additional layers of sauce.

Do I need to clean a BBQ basting bottle and basting brush differently?

Yes, a BBQ basting bottle should be thoroughly cleaned after each use, as leftover sauce or marinade can become a breeding ground for bacteria. A basting brush should also be cleaned well, especially if it has been used on raw meat, to prevent cross-contamination.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • ChefClairissa
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • Jenni