• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

First Time Grilling Show: Making BBQ Sauce from Scratch!

In summary, the host is doing a grilling show and is sharing recipes. One recipe is for BBQ sauce and another is for apple berry salsa. The apple berry salsa recipe requires a small pinch bowl and guests take off one lid until the ingredients are needed. The host is also promoting a $60 order this month.
Jenni
I just am so proud of my little idea that I had to share!
I am doing a grilling show tonight for the first time :yuck:
I wanted to show off more products so... I am making the BBQ sauce recipe!
In lg pinch bowl I put the ketchup, next one brown sugar, next one BBQ rub, next one the vinager. After whisking in small batter bowl I will pour sauce into the basting bottle w/ brush... those darn funnels would come in handy shame I don't own them yet!
How fun......

So what other recipes are you using?

It's a grilling show... so we are doing kabobs and potatoes in the grill basket.
I'm bring all my spices and rubs and sprinkling up the chicken skewers with different flavors. Some with be brushed with the BBQ sauce. So it will be a taste test kind thing with grilled chicken pieces... if that makes since.
I always cook my veggies on a different skewer then the meat since veggies and meat do not need the same cook time.
The potatoes I'm slicing and putting in the microwave with water for a while and then brushing with oil and Italian seasoning.
We are also doing the pass the bowl/ make fresh salsa thing & the southwest dip (made before show)in the two bowl catty. Served with chips

The host wanted to do dessert also so she is make Mini Margarita Pies in advance.

Sounds great - have you tried any recipes w/ the grill basket?

Last night I did a test run on the potatoes with dinner and they were great. When I first saw the basket I thought it looked small but I filled the lg batter bowl with potatoes and they all fit in the basket.

Thanks for the 'volume' comparison of the basket vs the batter bowl. Very helpful--the basket appeared small to me. Sometimes I have problems compairing items, even with mm or inch measurements.

thats great - what else did you do to the potatoes?

Pealed- sliced- put in batter bowl filled it with water placed in microwave for 15 minutes- drained- brushed with oil and Italians seasoning. Oh and salt and pepper! Then grilled till crisp.....
I'm off to my show I will check back tonight and let you know how it went!
:thumbup:I hope!!!!!!

I'm in LOVE with that BBQ sauce recipe!!! I market it to all of my customers because not only does it taste AMAZING but it also has no high fructose corn syrup which a lot of people are trying to avoid these days. Better taste and better for you!

TheChaoticCook said:
I'm in LOVE with that BBQ sauce recipe!!! I market it to all of my customers because not only does it taste AMAZING but it also has no high fructose corn syrup which a lot of people are trying to avoid these days. Better taste and better for you!

Great tip! Thanks for sharing....
It was a hit everyone loved the sauce and the pinch bowls! ;)

Did you slice the potatos with one of the knives or the UM? If the UM - what blade - thin or v-shaped?

I always dice my potatos, coat with oil & spices, double wrap in tin foil and throw on the BBQ. I'll have to try them this way, thanks!

What proportions in the bowls? Is this recipe written somewhere and I just am missing - er, um, uh... a clue?!

scottcooks said:
What proportions in the bowls? Is this recipe written somewhere and I just am missing - er, um, uh... a clue?!

The recipe is on CC... the sauce goes with the BBQ pork sandwiches!

I cut the potatoes in slices about 1/3 inch thick.

Jenni said:
I just am so proud of my little idea that I had to share!
I am doing a grilling show tonight for the first time :yuck:
I wanted to show off more products so... I am making the BBQ sauce recipe!
In lg pinch bowl I put the ketchup, next one brown sugar, next one BBQ rub, next one the vinager. After whisking in small batter bowl I will pour sauce into the basting bottle w/ brush... those darn funnels would come in handy shame I don't own them yet!
How fun......

VERY CUTE idea!
Thanks for sharing!

I'm making the apple berry salsa this month. The smallest pinch bowl holds the two tablespoons of jelly needed for the recipe. I pass around the set with the smallest inside, and have all the guests take off one lid until we are at the ingredients I need. I then talk about how it's free with a $60 order this month.

lockhartkitchen said:
I'm making the apple berry salsa this month. The smallest pinch bowl holds the two tablespoons of jelly needed for the recipe. I pass around the set with the smallest inside, and have all the guests take off one lid until we are at the ingredients I need. I then talk about how it's free with a $60 order this month.

Cute idea... jelly in one...brown sugar in another... orange zest in another... and orange juice in another!

I don't have the pinch bowls yet... but I asked a friend to borrow hers for my upcoming shows. It really does help to let guests see and feel the guest special. I don't think they fit into my recipe, but they can play with them and we can brainstorm ways to use them.

1. How long does it take to make homemade BBQ sauce?

Making homemade BBQ sauce can take anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour, depending on the recipe you are using. However, the prep time is usually only about 5 minutes, with the rest of the time spent allowing the sauce to simmer and thicken.

2. What ingredients are needed to make BBQ sauce from scratch?

The ingredients for homemade BBQ sauce can vary, but some common ones include ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and spices like paprika and chili powder. You can also add in additional ingredients like honey, molasses, or hot sauce for extra flavor.

3. Can I make BBQ sauce ahead of time?

Yes, you can make BBQ sauce ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. This is a great way to save time when hosting a grilling show and have the sauce ready to go for your guests.

4. Can I adjust the sweetness or spiciness of homemade BBQ sauce?

Absolutely! One of the great things about making BBQ sauce from scratch is that you can adjust the ingredients to suit your taste preferences. If you want a sweeter sauce, add more brown sugar or honey. For a spicier sauce, add in more hot sauce or chili powder. Don't be afraid to experiment and find the perfect balance of flavors for you.

5. Can I use different types of vinegar in my BBQ sauce?

Yes, you can use different types of vinegar in your homemade BBQ sauce. Some popular options include apple cider vinegar, white wine vinegar, and balsamic vinegar. Each type will add a slightly different flavor to the sauce, so feel free to try out different variations to find your favorite.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Phi_Phi_18
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Kelly8