• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Couples Bbq Show, Not That Great

In summary, the speaker had a BBQ show planned with a lot of preparations and expectations, including a demo and providing recipes and supplies. However, the hosts were too busy and didn't follow through with the planned arrangements. Despite the chaos and a few setbacks, the show was still successful with high sales, but without any bookings. The speaker is hesitant to do another BBQ show in the future.
Chef_TK
So today I had my 1st couples (more like families) BBQ show. I did my best host coaching, and even met with the host and co host before the show to go over everything. We had agreed that I would do the flag trifle inside for the ladies, while my husband would hang out with the guys and they would grill and play with the grill tools.

I had also supplied them with a lot of recipes for sides that were PC, and was willing to drive the 15 miles to their house yesterday to drop off a ton of PC stuff they could use at their BBQ (besides my display table items).

They were so excited, they told me they have 40 coming (they forgot to mention 20 of those were kids under the age of 5). So yesterday I call to make sure that we are still on for Friday's meeting. And I was told they were too busy getting things for the BBQ they didn't have time and didn't really need my items. They also then though that I was responsible for picking up the trifle ingredients, eventhough I emailed them the list of ingredients at least 2 times. I informed them that they would need to pick up those ingredients etc.

DH ended up working a 12 hour shift until noon today, and the party started at 3, he got no sleep. I told him it was fine, that he didn't have to come, but he insisted because he really loves PC, supports me doing it, and loves the BBQ tools and he knew he could sell a lot. lol

We get there, set up and at 3, there are only a few people there and the husband of one of the host is already BBQing everything. Finally by 4:15 everyone is there, and I mentioned to one of the host to let's get the ladies inside blah blah blah.

Well since her DH already started grilling, the food was ready, so they wanted everyone to eat 1st and then have me do the demo for everyone outside. Uggh I swear I was getting so ticked off, because everything we had planned and talked about was not happening. I finally did the demo, I couldn't talk much, because I couldn't be heard over the bouncy castle, the road noise, the planes, and the people talking.

The show is currently close to $800, which is great, but there were no bookings. I really don't think I will do another BBQ show again. We didn't get out of there until 6:30 and had been there since 2pm. People let their kids scribble all over my folders, which I know just cost 40 cents, but still I have had them for almost 2 years and never had a problem.

So I guess it goes to show that you can host coach until you are blue in the face and sometimes it still won't work out for you. I have one more BBQ couples show next weekend, I am really hoping that this one goes a lot more smooth.

WOW! That's a lot of sales though so it wasn't a complete waste of your time at least. Sorry about no bookings. Do CC calls anyway to let everyone know upcoming specials etc. since they probably couldn't hear you anyway with all the noise. Offer something to them as an incentive to book a July show. Free slice n serve, etc.
Great sales! Keep your chin up. Some people just don't listen and have it in their mind how it's going to be and that's it. Next one could be AWESOME!

I'm sorry that nothing went as planned. However what an awesome show total! Maybe you could do another BBQ show, but just go with the flow and maybe not do a demo, but just show the BBQ tools, and bring a triffle dessert to share? just a thought.

I think even though nothing went as planned you ended up with a high show, so you must have done something right!

But you vent away, that's what we are here for. I am also sorry about your folders. I don't like it when kids are not expected to respect things that are not there's. I would have been a little upset as well. It doesn't matter that they are affordable, it's the principle of the thing.

And bless your DH for wanting to go without getting any sleep and for helping you out!

Sounds like you were seen as a caterer.

I have had about 3 BBQ shows, 2 couples, 1 just ladies! All of them were successful, and what was great about it was I mentioned to the hosts to please let me know if there would be more then X number of kids and if so I would coordinate something for them to make.

At the one show, I had no kids. At the other, I had a few about 13ish. They helped me with the demo. They loved it, and in turn their parents bought the tools they used (some of them).

If there is a next time, try to use it towards your advantage. Sounds to me this host wanted "to have her cake and eat it too". So to speak.

But overall great show total!! YAHOO!

Well at least the sales were okay. I would try to do some customer care calls to get some bookings!

Thanks for the advice ladies. I did ask everyone as they checked out if they wanted to book a show, and I was told no by all. Which is actually very unsual for this area. But I think a lot of it, is that there are a lot of PC consultants between these 2 bases, and with summer here people just don't want shows. I am almost 8mths pregnant, so I only have one actual cooking show (it's an ice cream social) booked for July, but I do have my Sept already booked.

I have one more couples BBQ show next weekend, so I am really hoping that this next one goes more smooth.

What was the best thing that happened at your couple's show? Before listing all the things that went wrong focus on what went well. After that list things that needs improvement. Congratulations on $800.00 show!!!

I know it must have been exhausting and things but for the positive-you DID have $800 in sales...Congrats on that!!!

Man, what I wouldn't give for an $800 show right now...especially during incentive month! I've had 2 shows that barely total $300 combined!

I am closing out the show tomorrow, and the host plans on getting $200 more in sales to make it $1000! Which is great, now I just need my one other show this month to be a $2000 (yeah doubt that will happen lol).

what i would give for an 800 show or better yet your 1000 show.. mine are about 330ish

I wasn't trying to sound ungrateful when I posted this. Looking back (it's been over 2 weeks) it had just been a long day, and I am 8 months pregnant and I guess just get annoyed quicly. lol The party ended up being over $1000.

My host the following week also did a BBQ couples show and she was a blessing, the most organized host ever. She had all the guys go outside and grill with my DH and her DH, and all the ladies come into the house to listen to me talk about the products and do the demo. I was out of her house in 2 1/2 hours.

Even the 10 little kids there were great, and just played MarioKart the entire time.

The show closed at over $2000, so I hit the $3000 mark for sell a thon.

I really think that BBQ couple shows can be great, but as I stated earlier, I think it had just been a long day for me.

Chef_TK said:
I wasn't trying to sound ungrateful when I posted this. Looking back (it's been over 2 weeks) it had just been a long day, and I am 8 months pregnant and I guess just get annoyed quicly. lol The party ended up being over $1000.

My host the following week also did a BBQ couples show and she was a blessing, the most organized host ever. She had all the guys go outside and grill with my DH and her DH, and all the ladies come into the house to listen to me talk about the products and do the demo. I was out of her house in 2 1/2 hours.

Even the 10 little kids there were great, and just played MarioKart the entire time.

The show closed at over $2000, so I hit the $3000 mark for sell a thon.

I really think that BBQ couple shows can be great, but as I stated earlier, I think it had just been a long day for me.

WOW!!! That's AMAZING for your show total! Great job!!!

1. What is the Couples BBQ Show all about?

The Couples BBQ Show is an interactive cooking event where couples can come together to learn new grilling techniques and recipes using Pampered Chef products.

2. Is the Couples BBQ Show open to everyone or just for couples?

While the focus is on couples, the event is open to anyone who wants to attend and learn about grilling with Pampered Chef products.

3. Do we need to bring our own grilling equipment?

No, all necessary grilling equipment will be provided for the event. You will have the opportunity to use and learn about different Pampered Chef grilling tools.

4. Will there be food to eat at the Couples BBQ Show?

Yes, there will be a variety of delicious food samples cooked using Pampered Chef products for you to try at the event.

5. Do we need to have any cooking experience to attend?

No prior cooking experience is necessary to attend the Couples BBQ Show. Our consultants will guide you through the cooking process and teach you all you need to know.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CAPCnewbie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
linzground
Replies