• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grill Show-Wasted Some Sauces-Ugh

In summary, to prevent wasting sauces when grilling, use only the necessary amount, avoid over-saucing, and use a basting brush for even distribution. Alternative options to traditional BBQ sauces include dry rubs, homemade marinades, and glazes made from honey and soy sauce. If you accidentally spill sauce on the grill, wait until it's cool and use a grill brush or baking soda paste to clean it. Leftover sauce should not be reused, but if desired, it should be heated to a boiling point and stored in the fridge for a few days. The best way to apply sauce while grilling is using a basting brush or misting with a spray bottle.
aried
Gold Member
I had a couples grill show Sunday afternoon. The host's husband precooked chicken breasts and I made the salsa. Right before the show he put the chicken back on the grill and we did 6 rubs and three sauces. The host put on paper plates what was on the chicken and we cut them up and passed around. I just remember this morning I forgot to put the sauces in the frig when I got home and had to throw them out.:mad:

My mind was on other things. My oldest daughter's boyfriend at our house when I got home. We knew he was going to ask our permission to marry our daughter. Well he did and of course we said yes!

Congratulations on your daughters engagement. Bummer about the sauces (but it was for a great reason).

Hopefully you made out very well on orders--congrats on the upcoming wedding!

1. How can I prevent wasting sauces when grilling?

To prevent wasting sauces when grilling, make sure to only use the amount of sauce needed for the recipe and avoid over-saucing. You can also use a basting brush to evenly distribute the sauce on the food. Additionally, try marinating the food before grilling to infuse it with flavor, rather than adding sauce while grilling.

2. What are some alternatives to traditional BBQ sauces for grilling?

Some alternatives to traditional BBQ sauces for grilling include using dry rubs or spice blends, making a homemade marinade with herbs and spices, or using a glaze made from honey, soy sauce, and garlic. You can also experiment with different types of sauces, such as teriyaki or buffalo sauce, for a unique flavor.

3. How can I clean my grill after accidentally spilling sauce on it?

If you accidentally spill sauce on your grill, wait until the grill is cool before attempting to clean it. Use a grill brush or aluminum foil to scrape off any excess sauce, and then wipe the surface with a damp cloth or paper towel. For tougher stains, you can mix water and baking soda to create a paste and scrub the grill grates with it.

4. Can I reuse leftover sauce from grilling?

In general, it is not recommended to reuse leftover sauce from grilling due to the potential for cross-contamination with raw meat juices. If you do want to reuse the sauce, make sure to heat it to a boiling point before using it again. It is also important to store the sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator and use it within a few days.

5. What is the best way to apply sauce while grilling?

The best way to apply sauce while grilling is to use a basting brush. This will help evenly distribute the sauce and prevent wasting excess. You can also try brushing the sauce on the food before grilling, or using a spray bottle to lightly mist the food with sauce while grilling.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedcheermom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BlessedWifeMommy
  • kdbarkitchen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • pamperedpals