• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which recipe for a couples show?

CAPCnewbie

Feb 14, 2009
I have a couples show tomorrow and night and want to make a dcb recipe. I cant decide between doing the Pork Tenderloin or the Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco. I'd like to have the guys make the tenderloin and then make them into bbq sandwiches while the ladies make a trifle.
I'm not sure which one is better as I have never tried the tenderloin.

meganmcg

Mar 26, 2009
The pork tenderloin always gets wows, it's really good.

CAPCnewbie

Feb 14, 2009
Thanks Megan. I think I mght do that one. I just came home from the grocery store so I can practice one tonight and see how it turns out. Have any fave trifle recipes??

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
Everyone is raving about the new Strawberry Tres Leches Trifle. I haven't made it yet, so I can't give my input. I love the yummy and simple Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Trifle from Janet Up North (it's in the files). So good and a hit every single time I make it.

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
Everyone is raving about the new Strawberry Tres Leches Trifle. I haven't made it yet, so I can't give my input. I love the yummy and simple Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Trifle from Janet Up North (it's in the files). So good and a hit every single time I make it.

I like the Choco P-butter one better than the Tres Leches one.

gailz2

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2007
I sometimes create a fruit pound cake trifle--emphasizing how easy it is to put together with items you can keep in storage--you know for last minute desserts for unexpected company.

Frozen pound cake (thaws in no time flat)
1 can of any pie filling (and some fresh berries if available)
2 bananas
1 small box of instant vanilla pudding and 2 cups of milk
1 small cool whip (even lite version is great)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Use bread knife to cube pound cake on large grooved cutting board
Use smooth edge can opener to open pie filling (I usually sell at least 3 or 4 can openers)
Use utility knife to slice bananas
Use whisk to mix up pudding and milk, then add the Cool Whip

Layer pound cake, pie filling, pudding/cool whip, bananas, nuts, twice. I show how easy it is to get the layers up next to the glass of the trifle by using the large mix and scraper.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
Replies
Views
gailz2
Replies
Views