• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Turn a Grill Show into a Pampered Chef Success?

In summary, the host canceled the party (this Saturday night) because she was concerned about attendance. I encouraged her to ask friends to bring friends and she said that we would have fun and eat some good food. I was waiting on a call from her to tell me if she was turning it into a catalog show. Which I didn't want to happen! I need her show! I am only $350 away from $3000 for June. She just called and wants to do it... Yah.....BUT she wants to turn it into a grill show. I don't even know how to light a grill much the less use it! She has 6 to 8 yes people... certainly enough to get $350 in sales
Jenni
Ok~ here is the story. Host looked like she was going to jump ship and cancel party(this Saturday night). I kept telling her even if it's only a few people it will be fine. Encouraged her to ask friends to bring friends. We will have fun and eat some good food. So I was waiting on a call from her to tell me if she was turning it into a catalog show. Which I didn't want to happen! I need her show! I am only $350 away from $3000 for June.
She just called and wants to do it... Yah.....BUT she wants to turn it into a grill show. :yuck: UGHHHH :yuck: I don't even know how to light a grill much the less use it! She has 6 to 8 yes people... certainly enough to get $350 in sales.
I own the BBQ Turner & BBQ Tongs (and fork thats in outlet).... I can borrow the grill basket and Basting bottle from my Mom!
I need HELP ladies & gentlemen! I'm a little freaked out with no ideas.
PS- SEAFOOD IS OUT I CAN"T TOUCH IT I"M HIGHLY ALLERGIC!

I would be honest with her and see if her DH or yours can come and help!

Hand the tools over to her, her DH, or a guest who grills and tell them that you aren't a griller but they will love the tools.

I would suggest grilling chicken (and some veges in the grill basket) and putting together a salad with it. That would show a lot of tools too.

I agree, I would make sure she knows you arent comfortable on the grill. I am not either---and at my grill parties, I put the host or a the DH on the grill. This is great because they get to try the tools.

I like grilled veggies in the basket!

Giving them grill duty also frees you up to do the other parts of the demo, etc.

I wouldn't use the words "I'm not comfortable using a grill". I'd just say that "My dh always does the grilling. I prepare the food. Will that work for you?" Get all your questions answered from here and other consultants you know. Get great recipes and how to's, so you can act experienced. That way if you do end up being the "griller" you can be confident. I don't think you will have to start her grill. During host coaching just mention that you'll have her start the grill, and then just ask her to do it at her show when it's time. Be matter of fact and unquestioning when it comes to that. Sometimes we have to act confident even when we aren't.

JAE said:
I wouldn't use the words "I'm not comfortable using a grill". I'd just say that "My dh always does the grilling. I prepare the food. Will that work for you?" Get all your questions answered from here and other consultants you know. Get great recipes and how to's, so you can act experienced. That way if you do end up being the "griller" you can be confident. I don't think you will have to start her grill. During host coaching just mention that you'll have her start the grill, and then just ask her to do it at her show when it's time. Be matter of fact and unquestioning when it comes to that. Sometimes we have to act confident even when we aren't.

OUSTANDING ADVICE.... I never let on that I was uncomfortable so I'm safe yah:). I totally agree with your post. I am going to have hubby fire up the grill Friday night and do a test run on whatever recipe we pick. I just called my husband and he said since the show is across the street if I needed him he would pop in just for the grill/cooking part.

Now I need a recipe.... whats good??

I suggest something that you can use grilled items in, but shows a lot of other tools. Like the Southwestern Layered Salad, and add a layer of cut up grilled chicken (sprinkle with the Chipotle Rub before grilling). The recipe for that salad has been posted around here in the past.

One of the most fun shows that I'm hoping to do lots of this summer is grilling pizzas!! The demo is basically preparing all the toppings (this works great interactively) and the pizzas get thrown on the grill pretty much just to melt the cheese and warm up the whole pizza. You don't really need to have any grilling skills for it because you're not cooking something from a raw state. I'll try to attach the recipe.

Be sure to change contact info to YOURS on the flyer. This is also a great flyer to print on the back of anything you're handing out at a booth or a fair.:D

Attachments

• Backyard_Grill_Time_Pizza[1].doc
    26 KB · Views: 382
I have done a grill party and the host invited some couples along with the rest of the guests. The guys loved being "away from the hens" and took over the grilling! I didn't have the grill basket at the time, but I do have two sets of skewers, so they skewered veggies and chicken (the chicken had different rubs on it) and we also grilled burgers. They loved the tools! And the skewered veggies and chicken were a huge hit! Then I had the Ultimate Mandoline for slicing onions and tomatoes for the burgers. We also used the avocado knife to slice avocadoes for gourmet burgers. And the Chillzane products were awesome for the potato salad, raw veggie tray with dip and the deviled eggs (made ahead by the host). I also used the trifle bowl for a great dessert we threw together in no time! I used the collapsible bowl for chips and dip and the Quik-Stir for the Triple Citrus Mojitos (and demo'd one pitcher-ful when they ran out) using the citrus press, utility knife, bar board, etc. It was one of my most successful parties and the guys did all the grilling!

I have done two BBQ/grill shows in the past 2 weeks. I have never used a grill before, DH is the griller in our house. I simply told the host that, and that he would love to come and show off the grill tools to the guys. DH came to both parties and talked with the guys, while their DH's grilled.

I did a red, white, and blue trifle in the house as the demo for the ladies, and the host made up a bunch of other food.

One party was over $1000 and the other was a little over $2000. They seem to be big hits, so I am sure your party will be great!

Related to Can I Turn a Grill Show into a Pampered Chef Success?

What are some tips for saying no in a polite but firm manner?

One tip is to use "I" statements, such as "I am unable to commit to that at this time." Another is to offer an alternative solution, such as suggesting someone else for the task. It's also important to keep your response brief and avoid over-explaining.

How can I overcome the fear of disappointing others when saying no?

Remember that it is okay to prioritize your own needs and boundaries. Saying no does not make you a bad person. It can also be helpful to practice saying no in front of a mirror or with a trusted friend.

What if I already said yes but now I realize I can't follow through?

Honesty is the best policy in this situation. Apologize and explain your change of plans. Offer to help find a replacement or offer an alternative solution. It's important to communicate as soon as possible to minimize any inconvenience.

Are there any phrases I should avoid when saying no?

Avoid using excuses or lying to get out of a commitment. This can lead to feelings of guilt and damage relationships. It's also best to avoid saying "maybe" or "I'll think about it" if you know you will ultimately say no.

How can I practice setting boundaries and saying no in my daily life?

Start small by saying no to small requests or tasks that you truly don't have the time or energy for. As you become more comfortable, you can work up to saying no to bigger commitments. Remember to be assertive and stand firm in your decision.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ckarasevic
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ckarasevic
  • StaceyPagan
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
  • MarciMac
  • Pampered Chef Shows