• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Searching for the Perfect Basting Brush: Help Needed!

Rubbing stainless steel on the silicone brush will dislodge the garlic, but baking soda paste won't.
kam
Staff member
I just had a gal ask me for a Basting Brush. Her old one is worn out.

I asked her if she meant the silicone one with the bottle and she said "no".

Well, I looked and the only other one I can find is the brush that is part of the Grill tools. Does anyone use this one indoors?

Is there another Basting Brush that we sell that I just can't locate???

Thanks!

We used to sell one that was not silicone. I have an extra (actually I have 2 extras) so if you want it let me know and I'll look up the price.

There is the silicone basting brush (item #1755, p. 44) that is not part of the grill set and does not have the bottle. I have it and love it...and it is my indoor one!! Perhaps this is what she's talking about? If not, then perhaps it's a suitable alternative??

The silicone one is SO MUCH better than the old one Beth is referring to. I would always freak out with washing the "bristle" one especiallya fter working with poultry or doing an egg wash. The silicone one just goes in the dishwasher! (And you don't find stray bristles in your food. )

ChefJoyJ said:
There is the silicone basting brush (item #1755, p. 44) that is not part of the grill set and does not have the bottle. I have it and love it...and it is my indoor one!! Perhaps this is what she's talking about? If not, then perhaps it's a suitable alternative??

OK, don't know why I didn't think of that one. Guess I was envisioning bigger. With all this info - I am going to go ask her which one.

Thanks!

Does she mean the turkey baster with brush?

BethCooks4U said:
We used to sell one that was not silicone. I have an extra (actually I have 2 extras) so if you want it let me know and I'll look up the price.

I asked and she likes her old one does not want the silicone one. Just to make sure, I am going to locate an old catty and verify with her which one she wants. Could you let me know how much and if you think it could be shipped reasonably (maybe padded envelope??)

Thanks!!
Kathleen

I understand liking your old one, but if a better upgrade is available, why would you not want it? :confused: I love my silicone basting brush b/c you don't get bristles, plus it just feels more sanitary.

Oh well, to each her own, right? :)

The baster & Cleaning brush is on page 36 for $13. Is that what she means? It's good for...basing turkey.
Deb

ChefJoyJ said:
I understand liking your old one, but if a better upgrade is available, why would you not want it? :confused: I love my silicone basting brush b/c you don't get bristles, plus it just feels more sanitary.

Oh well, to each her own, right? :)

Yes, I thought the same thing. As I was explaining how NICE the Silicone is - she kept saying her old one was nice too. So I guess that's a good testament to how good our products are. :)

How do you all get the GARLIC smell out of your basting brushes? I use mine a lot for spreading garlic on the crust of the three cheese garden vegetable pizza, and the garlic smell just stays in the silicone...:yuck:I accidentally left mine at my host's house on Saturday. I happen to work with her, and she brought it to me at work yesterday and it reeks of garlic! She just ordered one...and asked what to do to get that smell off of it. She said she even had soaked it in vinegar and it still smelled like it was just used on garlic!!:eek:

HELP!!

Trina

bump...ANYONE have any suggestions??

hmmm..they tell you to rub your hand on stainless steel (like your sink or faucet) and that works for skin but not sure about silicone.

what about baking soda paste, not sure if it will work, but worth a shot, let us know if you find something that works!

no one else has noticed this with their brush?

I will try the baking soda paste..that was what I was going to try...it takes the smell out of the fridge, right? Worth a try!!

Thanks for the suggestions...I will let you know!

Trina

Silicone itself isn't porous, so the smell is probably caused by a near-microscopic piece of garlic stuck between the bristles.

1. What material is the basting brush made of?

The basting brush is made of high-quality silicone, which is heat-resistant and durable.

2. Is the basting brush dishwasher safe?

Yes, the basting brush is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.

3. How long is the handle of the basting brush?

The handle of the basting brush is 9 inches long, making it comfortable to hold and use while cooking.

4. Can the basting brush be used for both hot and cold foods?

Yes, the basting brush is versatile and can be used for both hot and cold foods.

5. Is the basting brush suitable for outdoor grilling?

Yes, the basting brush is perfect for outdoor grilling as it can withstand high temperatures and is easy to clean.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• susanr613
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • NooraK
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Chef_2_Four