• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Does the BBQ Flexible Turner Have a Cover with Holes?

In summary, the BBQ flexible turner has a cover with holes that serves two purposes: better drainage of excess oils and preventing food from sticking. The cover is also removable for easy cleaning and the turner can be used for various cooking methods. It is heat-resistant and dishwasher safe.
RMDave
Gold Member
Why does the BBQ Flexible Turner come with a cover? I've never seen a spatula that had a cover and it was pointed out to me three times in the past two weeks.

Also, why does said cover have holes that line up with the slots on the Turner? Uh, I don't know. Why DOES the cover have holes that line up with the slots on the Turner?

Hmmmm .... ya got me there! I think they just like covers!!!

I could by that explanation ... but why covers with holes that line up?

I'm not sure why the holes line up, or even why they have holes, but I think (at least from the experience of using it once) is so the cover is easier to clean if you put it on while the turner is dirty. The cover may be to protect it between uses, and also to keep it from getting dirt on it (other than from the food) while it's in use.

I always thought it was because the beveled edges were pretty sharp...and the one turner has a serrated side - so the covers were for the consumer's protection.

I have no idea why the holes line up...never thought about it! BUT We did use our flexible turner and our grill tray tonight to do grilled fish - MARVELOUS!

My guess on the holes would be to allow air to pass thru so it doesn't suction on. But don't quote me on that, just my thoughts.

Well if the grooves in it are anything like the BBQ tongs, they are very sharp!

Hi there! As a Pampered Chef consultant, I can definitely shed some light on why the BBQ Flexible Turner comes with a cover and why it has holes that line up with the slots on the Turner.The cover serves as a protective barrier for the Turner, keeping it clean and safe when not in use. It also helps to prevent any accidental scratches or damage to the Turner while it is being stored or transported. Plus, the cover makes it easier to keep track of the Turner when it's not in use, especially if you have multiple grilling tools.As for the holes on the cover, they are specifically designed to line up with the slots on the Turner. This allows for proper air circulation and drainage when the Turner is being stored with food residue on it. This helps to prevent any potential bacteria growth and keeps the Turner clean and ready for use the next time you fire up the BBQ.I hope this answers your question and helps you understand the purpose of the cover and its holes. Happy grilling!

Related to Why Does the BBQ Flexible Turner Have a Cover with Holes?

1. Why does the BBQ flexible turner have a cover with holes?

The cover with holes on the BBQ flexible turner serves two purposes. Firstly, it allows for better drainage of excess oils and liquids when flipping food on the grill. Secondly, it prevents food from sticking to the turner, making it easier to maneuver and flip food without it falling apart.

2. Is the cover with holes on the BBQ flexible turner removable?

Yes, the cover with holes on the BBQ flexible turner is removable for easy cleaning. Simply slide it off and wash it with soap and water or place it in the dishwasher for convenience.

3. Can the BBQ flexible turner be used for other cooking methods besides grilling?

Yes, the BBQ flexible turner can be used for other cooking methods such as stovetop frying and baking in the oven. The cover with holes still serves the same purpose of draining excess oils and preventing food from sticking.

4. Is the BBQ flexible turner heat-resistant?

Yes, the BBQ flexible turner is heat-resistant up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, making it safe for use on the grill or in the oven.

5. Is the BBQ flexible turner dishwasher safe?

Yes, the BBQ flexible turner is dishwasher safe, including the removable cover with holes. This makes for easy clean-up after cooking on the grill or in the kitchen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • ChefJoyJ
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
  • toobze