• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Consultants Wanted in Raleigh, NC & Surrounding Areas

In summary, a consultant is looking for others to fill shifts at a vendor booth at the upcoming Kids Exchange consignment sale in Raleigh, NC. The sale draws thousands of shoppers over the weekend, with Thursday and Sunday being the busiest days. Shifts are 2-2.5 hours long and cost $20 each. Interested consultants can contact the organizer and payments can be made via check or PayPal. The event is similar to a "Just Between Friends" sale and may provide potential leads for participants. Some consultants who have participated in similar events have had mixed results.
esavvymom
Staff member
I am looking for consultants in the RALEIGH, NC and surrounding areas. You will meet leads from all over the Triangle area and nearby I'm sure.

Another consultant team and I have recently signed up for a Vendor booth at the upcoming Kids Exchange consignment sale held at the NC State Fairgrounds in mid-July (July 18-22). We have several shifts left to fill, and wanted to open it up to some other consultants. (I've already tapped the folks I know locally.)

Below is the schedule with all shifts currently available. Shifts are 2 or 2.5 hrs in length. The cost is $20 per shift you take. This will cover our expenses and a nice collection of items for a prize basket. You will be working with one other consultant.

For those not familiar with this Kids sale, it draws thousands over the course of the weekend. According to the vendor info, it has over 3000 sellers, plus 30,000 SHOPPERS over the course of the weekend. All shoppers must pass the booths as they wait to checkout. The vendor info said that Thursday and Sunday are “BUSY”. Friday and Saturday will have steady traffic all day. I haven’t been to this sale in several years, but whenever I had gone, it was very busy (the first day of the public sale (which would be Friday), the line to get IN to the Jim Graham building was wrapped around the neighboring Exhibition Building.

Here is what I still have open:
Wednesday, July 18. 3-5:30pm &5:30-8pm - one slot open for each

Thursday, July 19th. 1:00pm-3:00pm - TWO slots open
Thursday, July 19th, 3:00pm - 5:30pm - one slot open
Thursday, July 19th, 5:30pm - 8:00pm - TWO Slots open (This is the night Amy Neal is in town for the "Opportunity event"....just so you know and don't sign up then back out on me. ;))

Friday, July 20, 3:30-6pm - TWO Slots open

Saturday, July 21, 11:00am - 1:00pm & 1-3pm & 3-5pm - One slot EACH shift is open

Sunday, July 22. 10:00am-12:30pm - TWO Slots open

The BUSY Days are listed by the event folks as THURSDAY and SUNDAY. Friday and Saturday are steady traffic....remember, this draws THOUSANDS. Two hours for $20 can potentially bring some needed leads right past your booth.

Please PM me if you are interested in one of the shifts above, or would like to see an updated schedule (I have a Sign-up genius page set up and will PM you the link.)

Payments are made to me via check or I can do Paypal payments as well. $20 per shift, work as many as you can stand (I don' t recommend more than 2 back to back, but that's just me).

Everything will be set up, you just provide your own business materials to pass out, catalogs, receipts, calculator, etc.

Let me know if you have questions! I'm really hoping to fill the last of the shifts with a few more bodies looking for leads! :)

I wish I could take a few of those shifts but we'll be out of own that week. Darn.

Is it a "Just Between Friends" event? I did one recently here in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. Got a few on my newsletter, zero sales & did get one booking which turned into a recruit ... so it wasn't a total loss, but wasn't what I expected either. Everyone was spending what they had on kid items & just wasn't in the market for what I had. There were 3 of us by the checkout line & the rest were over on the other side of the room where people came in. I kept finding one girl over on our side of the room trying to market to the ones in the line because of lack of interest on her side. I didn't see the JuicePlus girl making any sales. She did get a few to take her samples. The Chiropractor next to me gave up & left his table unattended with just flyers. I stuck it out because the in-laws were watching the kids ~ but would have been very upset if I'd been paying a sitter on top of the $150 for the booth. There just wasn't that much interest. :(

Bobbi-
I am very interested in doing this event. I am in Columbia, and would be willing to drive up on Thursday. Can you email me [email protected]?

Sheila said:
Is it a "Just Between Friends" event? I did one recently here in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. Got a few on my newsletter, zero sales & did get one booking which turned into a recruit ... so it wasn't a total loss, but wasn't what I expected either. Everyone was spending what they had on kid items & just wasn't in the market for what I had. There were 3 of us by the checkout line & the rest were over on the other side of the room where people came in. I kept finding one girl over on our side of the room trying to market to the ones in the line because of lack of interest on her side.

I didn't see the JuicePlus girl making any sales. She did get a few to take her samples. The Chiropractor next to me gave up & left his table unattended with just flyers. I stuck it out because the in-laws were watching the kids ~ but would have been very upset if I'd been paying a sitter on top of the $150 for the booth. There just wasn't that much interest. :(

I'm not sure what you mean by a "Just between friends" event, but from the description, I know we'll all be set up in a "Parent Fair" area, along the check-out lanes. yes, it's a bit different in that it sounds like folks will be waiting to check out, so I expect we'll have to be more approaching them perhaps, handing out our recipe cards or something. BUT at $20 for 2-hrs...no one would be out much money or time. We won't know until we try, and with 30,000 shoppers coming through over the course of 40 hrs total....I'm willing to risk $10 an hour worked. We'll see.

ChefGwendolyn said:
Bobbi-
I am very interested in doing this event. I am in Columbia, and would be willing to drive up on Thursday. Can you email me [email protected]?

I sent you an email. That's a long way though girl! But let me know. :)

I still have slots open though, if anyone else might be interested in working a few hours.

sending you a PM

1. What are the requirements to become a Pampered Chef consultant in Raleigh?

To become a consultant in Raleigh, you must be at least 18 years old and have a valid social security number. You also need to purchase a starter kit, which includes all the necessary tools and materials to start your business.

2. How much does it cost to become a consultant?

The cost to become a Pampered Chef consultant in Raleigh is $109 for the starter kit. This includes over $450 worth of products and business supplies to help you get started.

3. Do I need to have prior sales experience to become a consultant?

No, you do not need prior sales experience to become a consultant. We provide thorough training and support to help you succeed in your Pampered Chef business.

4. What kind of support and training will I receive as a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a consultant, you will have access to a variety of training and support resources, including online training, mentorship programs, and a community of experienced consultants who are always willing to help. We also provide ongoing support from our corporate team.

5. What are the benefits of becoming a Pampered Chef consultant in Raleigh?

As a consultant, you will have the opportunity to make your own schedule, work from home, and earn a commission on your sales. You will also have access to discounts on products and the potential to earn free products and trips through our incentive programs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefsarah
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pchefking
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • chefann