• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Singed Oven Mitt - Tips for Washing and Repairing

In summary, the Singed Oven Mitt is made of a durable and heat-resistant fabric blend that can withstand high temperatures and is safe to wash in the washing machine. It is recommended to air dry it to maintain its quality. If the mitt is damaged, it is best to replace it, but small holes or tears can be repaired with a needle and thread. The mitt can be used to handle hot dishes and pots and is designed to fit most hand sizes comfortably.
RossDeb2
Gold Member
:( Oh no! I brought my oven mitt to a show this evening and singed it on my host's oven heating elements using it to pull out a piece of stoneware. It doesn't look as pretty anymore. You can definitely see that it is burned but it is still usable. I'm hoping after I wash it, some of the dark colour willgo away. Does anyone have any tips for washing the mitt?

Sorry about what happened, but you can always say, that even though the mitt was singed, your arm wasn't. I do not have the new one, but if it is like the old ones, I jus throw mine in the wash with the other kitchen towels. Takes a little longer to dry.. but comes out great.

I did that to an oven pad at my old house. I threw it onto the stove, which was off but still hot. A few minutes later, I smelled something icky - it was the oven pad! It's a little scorched, but that's all.
I never did try to take the brown mark off...

Keep it that way, as long as it still protects your skin...the marks give it character...at least that's what I tell my own deluded self! It will be nice to get the NEW ones...maybe the character marks won't be quite as noticeable!

Related to Singed Oven Mitt - Tips for Washing and Repairing

What material is the Singed Oven Mitt made of?

The Singed Oven Mitt is made of a durable and heat-resistant fabric blend that can withstand high temperatures in the oven or on the grill.

Can the Singed Oven Mitt be washed in the washing machine?

Yes, the Singed Oven Mitt can be safely washed in the washing machine. It is recommended to wash it on a gentle cycle with cold water and air dry to maintain its quality and longevity.

How do I repair a singed or damaged Singed Oven Mitt?

If the Singed Oven Mitt has been singed or damaged, it is best to replace it with a new one. However, small holes or tears can be repaired with a needle and thread. If the damage is extensive, it is recommended to purchase a new one for safety purposes.

Can the Singed Oven Mitt be used for handling hot dishes and pots?

Yes, the Singed Oven Mitt is designed to protect your hands from hot dishes and pots. It can withstand high temperatures and provide a secure grip for handling hot items.

Is the Singed Oven Mitt one size fits all?

Yes, the Singed Oven Mitt is designed to fit most hand sizes comfortably. It has a flexible and stretchy material that can accommodate different hand sizes and provide a secure fit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• minersmix
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Addie4TLC
  • christy_c
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
christy_c
  • jrstephens