• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Garlic Bites Disaster - My Fresh Parmesan Tip!

In summary, the recipe calls for stirring the garlic and italian seasoning mix with the dough before placing in the oven. The garlic/italian seasoning was clumped on the bottom. After taking them out of the oven, Becky flipped them onto a plate and grabbed the handle without oven mitt. This caused her hand to burn. Demo tip-the handles are not heat resistant.
minersmix
ok, I made the garlic bites tonight. I printed the recipe from here but I think I was supose to stir the garlic and italian seasoning mix with the dough before placing in the oven. The garlic/italian seasoning was clumped on the bottom. My other mistake was after I took it out of the oven I flipped them onto a plate and grabbed the handle (yes, without an oven mitt) and burned ,my hand. Demo tip-the handles are not heat resistant. :eek:

Has anyone every tried these with fresh parmesan and less italian seasoning?

minersmix said:
ok, I made the garlic bites tonight. I printed the recipe from here but I think I was supose to stir the garlic and italian seasoning mix with the dough before placing in the oven. The garlic/italian seasoning was clumped on the bottom. My other mistake was after I took it out of the oven I flipped them onto a plate and grabbed the handle (yes, without an oven mitt) and burned ,my hand. Demo tip-the handles are not heat resistant. :eek:

It is best to toss the biscuits with the butter and garlic before baking - I do this right in the pan. And I do grate some parmesan into the pan too. After they are done, I slide them out onto a plate, and grate a little more cheese over the top.

And the hot handle - been there, done that!:eek:

Yes
minersmix said:

:thumbup: I have made them and they were awesome! I dont care for italian seasoning so i didnt add any...and the fresh parmesan was awesome!:love: I made a double batch for my family and there wasnt any left!! I would definitely make them again!:D

Becky, what are you doing up this late? It's normal for me, but aren't you usually off of here by now?

JAE said:
Becky, what are you doing up this late? It's normal for me, but aren't you usually off of here by now?

We were at the Hudsonville Fair tonight - and then the Severe Thunderstorms came rolling in - and the parking lot, was, well, a parking lot! Took us an hour to get out of there!

Micah just got to bed at 10:30 - so I am trying to unwind......I'm about ready to go to bed now though!

I don't know which is the favorite in our house-garlic bites or caramel bites (with new sprinkles) but I know my favorite is the garlic bites!! I put very little italian seasoning in but really need to try the parmesan on top-YUM!

I love that name "Micah". Thanks for the support. I do not feel so bad knowing I am not the only one who has done that.

I did that... not once but more like 6-7 times (the hot handles). LOL
The garlic bites are SO good with Italian and Parmesan. I would melt the butter, then add the seasoning, then toss the cut up biscuits in there to get them well coated. And YES - Parmesan cheese grated over the top right when they come out of the oven...I usually would let a guest do that in front of the crowd with the Deluxe Cheese Grater. YUM-O!

Just wanted to let you know that I have grabbed those hot handles too! What is with that? Adults who have been cooking for YEARS forget that just cuz it looks like plastic or silicone doesn't mean it's COOL!! Ugh...and don't even get me started on how many times I have burned myself on the rack for my large round stone!! Doh!

KellyTheChef said:
Just wanted to let you know that I have grabbed those hot handles too! What is with that? Adults who have been cooking for YEARS forget that just cuz it looks like plastic or silicone doesn't mean it's COOL!! Ugh...and don't even get me started on how many times I have burned myself on the rack for my large round stone!! Doh!

Same here, Kelly - don't you hate it when you hear your skin sizzle on that rack!

As for the bites - I put the butter, garlic and seasoning in the pan, stir it up, add the biscuit - not stirring, and then sprinkle some more seasoning on top. I then invert them on a SA plate when they are done. I don't use a whole stick of butter - only about 1/2. I do this at EVERY show I do and even have hosts ask me about it just to make sure I do it at their show!

minersmix said:
I love that name "Micah". Thanks for the support. I do not feel so bad knowing I am not the only one who has done that.

Melissa - funny story - He was supposed to be Jacob until 5 days before he was born, but then I read a report that said that Jacob was the #1 boys name for the past 3 yrs.....so we decided we had to change it. The only names we could agree on were Micah and Zachary, but we didn't make a decision until he was born, and laying on my chest and the Dr said "so what's his name?" We looked at each other, and both said at the same time "Micah!" Can't imagine him being anything else now!

Oh - and about the butter - I only use half a stick too - not a whole stick!

If you love those...try this recipe:

half stick butter
3oz pkg butterscotch cook and serve pudding
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup mini choc chip morsels
2 Tbsp milk
grands biscuits

Melt butter. Add pudding mix, brown sugar, pecans, choc chips and milk. Stir. Cut biscuits and throw on top of mix. Bake 20 minutes at 375*
YUMMY!!

Where is the recipe for the garlic bites? Sounds yummy

Here is the one I use...

Quick Garlic Bites

Preheat oven to 350 F.

Melt 1 Tbsp of butter in the saute pan

With the garlic press, add 1 clove minced garlic to the butter

Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning

Cut 1 - 10 oz pkg grand size refrigerated biscuits into quarters (5 biscuits/ pkg)

Arrange the biscuit pieces in the pan and sprinkle with additional seasoning, if desired.

Bake for 18 - 22 minutes

I currently have three huge blisters on the palm of my hand from grabbing the pan the other night. Glad I'm not the only who has done that!

This may be a silly question, but can you make this recipe in the executive saute pan?? I don't have my stainless one yet. I can't wait to try this recipe!! :)

ahammons said:
This may be a silly question, but can you make this recipe in the executive saute pan?? I don't have my stainless one yet. I can't wait to try this recipe!! :)

Not silly - but that is what this recipe is for - to show the great qualities of how "non-stick" the Executive pan is, and how easy the clean-up is. The recipe is actually on the back of the Executive Cookware Display Card.;)

Thanks. I can't wait to try. I'll try to remember to use the pot holder.

minersmix said:

You are not alone. I did the garlic bites at a show right before it started. My mind kept thinking, "Oh, I need to grab the saute pan so I can show them ease of cleaning it and what not." So I went to grab the handle on my way to the living room for the demo and instantly dropped it. The guests all looked over at me and I simply stated that it slipped. No one knew that I burnt the crap out of my hand and I went through the rest of the demo in pain. At the time it was not funny, but now as I sit back to tell the story, all I can do is laugh. ;)

Leigh0725 said:
You are not alone. I did the garlic bites at a show right before it started. My mind kept thinking, "Oh, I need to grab the saute pan so I can show them ease of cleaning it and what not." So I went to grab the handle on my way to the living room for the demo and instantly dropped it. The guests all looked over at me and I simply stated that it slipped. No one knew that I burnt the crap out of my hand and I went through the rest of the demo in pain. At the time it was not funny, but now as I sit back to tell the story, all I can do is laugh. ;)

This is what's great about this site. Because when I make these for the first time, Im SURE to do this and I will feel I fit in when I come on here to tell all of you that my initiation is now complete. (this, of course, will follow my first show where I poison my guests inadvertantly.....):yuck:

minersmix said:

Oh Melissa, I just had a flashback to the first time I made the garlic bites and did the same EXACT thing...good news is that you can tell the story at a show to let folks know that #1-you are not perfect, just PAMPERED #2-the handles are not heat resistant and #3-see, they let anyone do what I do!:)

Denarella said:
This is what's great about this site. Because when I make these for the first time, Im SURE to do this and I will feel I fit in when I come on here to tell all of you that my initiation is now complete. (this, of course, will follow my first show where I poison my guests inadvertantly.....):yuck:

Yeah, I tend to use the "Not a perfect chef, just a pampered one" a lot. My one big mishap was cutting my finger when I was cutting chickend for the Family Size burrito. It wasn't a bad cut, just a bleeder. ;) Luckily my guests were mainly family members and family friends. That and grabbing the hot handle were the only two mishaps I've had.

Speaking of cutting your finger. What would you do had they not been family and friends. At my last show they were talking about the last show they went to where the girl cut her finger and kept cooking (this is in New York) and they were appalled that she kep going. What would you do?

P.S. I cannot believe I do not have blisters today. I kept ice on my hand all night.

the worst thing I have ever had happen at a show was actually after the show-I was taking my cardtable and Large SA platter out to the van. The host lived in an old farmhouse and her steps were not even and down I went! I twisted my ankle very badly and cut my hand on the now broken platter! The host and several of her guests came out and iced my ankle and bandaged my hand and even called my hubby to let him know I had hurt myself and was making the drive home (45 miles)! I was mortified, but they were so sweet, they made me feel better about being a clutz!

Chef Meg, you made me cringe at your story... Ouch!

My biggest oops was when I was making the Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle and went to put the "cheesecake" layer on and realized that I forgot to add the coolwhip. So I tried my hardest to scoop it back out, add the cool whip in and re-layer... thankfully everyone loved it anyways and I was able to make the joke that I am pampered, not perfect...

did somebody "say" Strawberry cheesecake trifle?!?! Please share the recipe:)

Your not going to believe this!!!!I demonstrated the garlic bites at my show yesterday and did the same thing-I grabbed the pan handle and burnt my hand again. I think I will have to find a different recipe.:eek:

peichef said:
did somebody "say" Strawberry cheesecake trifle?!?! Please share the recipe:)

The recipe used to be on this site, but it went missing somehow. I just reposted it in the recipe section. But here it is just in case you can't find it.

* Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle
* 2 quarts strawberries, sliced
* 2 tablespoons sugar
* 2 teaspoons almond extract
* 2 -8 ounce blocks cream cheese, softened
* 1 C. sour cream
* 2 C. powdered sugar
* 1 t. vanilla extract
* 1/4 t. almond extract
* 16 ounce tub whipped topping or 1 pint cream, whipped
* 1 large angel food or pound cake, torn into pieces

1. Set aside some berries for garnish. Mix rest with sugar and almond extract. Set aside. Mix cream cheese, sour cream, powdered sugar, vanilla and almond extract. Fold in whipped cream.

2. In a trifle bowl: 1/2 cake, 1/2 berries, 1/2 cream cheese mixture, repeat layers. Garnish with remaining berries. Refrigerate.

BTW, I made this on Friday. It makes a TON of food, and it is absolutely DELICIOUS!!!!:thumbup:

Okay, I made the garlic bites tonight. Only it was the recipe called Italian Monkey bread? It called for 3/4 stick of butter. I thought that was a lot, but it was really good!

Another thing ~ I can't find Original Grands biscuits that are NOT flaky!!! It wasn't too bad using the original flaky, but I wish I could find plain ol' grands original biscuits!

Christ Follower said:
Okay, I made the garlic bites tonight. Only it was the recipe called Italian Monkey bread? It called for 3/4 stick of butter. I thought that was a lot, but it was really good!

Another thing ~ I can't find Original Grands biscuits that are NOT flaky!!! It wasn't too bad using the original flaky, but I wish I could find plain ol' grands original biscuits!

I made them too, and I thought the butter was going to be too much too, so I used only a half of a stick, and even though I thought it was good, it would have been soooooooooo much better had I used the whole 3/4.

Smashie said:
I made them too, and I thought the butter was going to be too much too, so I used only a half of a stick, and even though I thought it was good, it would have been soooooooooo much better had I used the whole 3/4.

Were you able to find the Grands that are NOT flaky?

What is worse than burning your hand when touching those handles??!!! Having your HOST do it!!! I made the pineapple upside-down cake and my host was so excited she grabbed the pan to show the late guests what I had made the cake in. She threw the pan in the sink instead of letting go of it on the floor. So since she held it longer she started to blister almost immediately. That was NOT good.

1. Can I use fresh parmesan instead of dried parmesan in the garlic bites recipe?

Yes, you can use fresh parmesan in the recipe. Just make sure to grate or finely chop the parmesan before adding it to the dough. This will help it evenly distribute and prevent clumping.

2. How much garlic and italian seasoning should I use in the garlic bites?

The amount of garlic and italian seasoning can vary depending on your personal preference. If you prefer a stronger garlic flavor, you can add more garlic to the dough. As for italian seasoning, you can start with 1 teaspoon and adjust to taste.

3. Why did the garlic and italian seasoning clump at the bottom of the garlic bites?

This can happen if the garlic and italian seasoning were not evenly mixed into the dough. To prevent clumping, make sure to thoroughly mix the garlic and seasoning with the dough before placing it in the oven.

4. Can I use an oven mitt to handle the hot pan when making the garlic bites?

Yes, it is recommended to use an oven mitt when handling hot pans or dishes from the oven. Oven mitts are designed to protect your hands from heat and prevent burns.

5. Has anyone tried using less italian seasoning in the garlic bites?

Yes, some people have tried using less italian seasoning in the recipe. If you prefer a milder flavor, you can start with 1/2 teaspoon and adjust to taste. Keep in mind that using less seasoning may result in a less flavorful garlic bite.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Monty060609
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cookinfletch
  • gailz2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • janetupnorth