• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Garlic Bites -- Be Sure to Used Fresh Pressed Garlic

In summary, the party was good and the host appreciated that I made the food. However, the garlic bites made by the host's assistant were not as good as homemade.
gailz2
Gold Member
I had a party Friday and we made a Brownie/Peanut Butter Cup Trifle. I also told the host I'd make garlic bites. Well, I got there and she gave me TS's garlic to use (if I'd known she didn't have fresh garlic cloves, I'd have brought my own). It was not nearly as good as pressing our own (I do love TS stuff, but this was a HUGE difference).:chef:

gailz2 said:
I had a party Friday and we made a Brownie/Peanut Butter Cup Trifle. I also told the host I'd make garlic bites. Well, I got there and she gave me TS's garlic to use (if I'd known she didn't have fresh garlic cloves, I'd have brought my own). It was not nearly as good as pressing our own (I do love TS stuff, but this was a HUGE difference).:chef:

Not to mention that you don't really want to use another DS companies product at our shows...

Paula, that is true, I just had no choice. I'll bring my own cloves from now on after this.

I have made them with our Parmesan Garlic Oil Dipping Seasoning and they come out pretty well.

That's a reason I either provide the food (if doing a promotion), or my recruiter suggested offering to do the shopping and then when closing out the show for the host, you let her know you'll be adding the cost of the food to her total. Then you KNOW what you'll have on hand- plus it lends to the "easy to host" concept.

esavvymom said:
That's a reason I either provide the food (if doing a promotion), or my recruiter suggested offering to do the shopping and then when closing out the show for the host, you let her know you'll be adding the cost of the food to her total. Then you KNOW what you'll have on hand- plus it lends to the "easy to host" concept.

I have done this before, problem is, if you don't do it all the time, then I forget to collect at the end of the show! :blushing: 'my bad!

1. How do I ensure that the garlic used in Garlic Bites is fresh?

Using fresh pressed garlic is key to achieving the best flavor in your Garlic Bites. To ensure freshness, we recommend using garlic that is firm to the touch and has a strong, pungent aroma. Avoid using garlic that has started to sprout or has soft spots.

2. Can I use pre-minced garlic instead of fresh pressed garlic?

While pre-minced garlic may seem like a convenient option, we highly recommend using fresh pressed garlic for the best results. Pre-minced garlic can often have a less potent flavor and can also contain additives that may alter the taste of your Garlic Bites.

3. How do I press garlic for Garlic Bites?

The best way to press garlic for Garlic Bites is to use a garlic press. Simply peel a clove of garlic and place it in the press. Squeeze the handles together to press the garlic through the small holes, creating a fine garlic paste. You can also use a mortar and pestle if you do not have a garlic press.

4. Can I use a garlic crusher instead of a garlic press?

While a garlic crusher may seem like a similar tool to a garlic press, it is not recommended for use in making Garlic Bites. A garlic crusher typically crushes the garlic into larger pieces, which can result in a different texture and flavor in your Garlic Bites.

5. How much fresh pressed garlic should I use in my Garlic Bites?

The amount of fresh pressed garlic needed for Garlic Bites may vary based on personal preference. We recommend starting with 1-2 cloves of garlic for every cup of bread dough used. You can always adjust the amount to your liking for a stronger or milder garlic flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jcwarr
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Paige Dixon
  • janezapchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies