• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did I Just Make the Easiest Dinner Ever?

In summary, Becky is making slow roasted chicken with potatoes and broccoli tonight. Her parents are coming over, and she's trying Casbah Chicken and Couscous.
rennea
Gold Member
Tonight I am making slow roasted chicken w/potatoes. Steamed broccoli on the side.

Snowy day here today, so I may make chili.

We are having our Cluster Meeting tonight at Panera's. I love their soup.

My parents are coming over. I'm making the Artichoke Chicken with Roasted Potatoes (29 mins to dinner, vol1), fresh green beans, parkerhouse rolls, and a fruit tart for dessert.

I'm trying Casbah Chicken and Couscous tonight. Photos and recipe review to come later!

Its dinner meeting night at work, my BF and I are dining at a nice restuarant, not sure whats on the menu yet though. The little one is having leftover spaghetti from last night, then who knows what else my dad will feed him!

Roast Chicken w/ Sweet Potatoes....and probably broccoli or sugar snap peas.

BBQ Beef sloppy Joes... I power cooked yesterday :)

ChefBeckyD said:
Roast Chicken w/ Sweet Potatoes....and probably broccoli or sugar snap peas.

Looks like great minds think a like Becky:thumbup:

Hey pamperedlinda I love that recipe, and tonight we are tryin power cookin chicken stir fry I am going to time myself to see how long it takes to do it in one sitting.

cewcooks said:
Hey pamperedlinda I love that recipe, and tonight we are tryin power cookin chicken stir fry I am going to time myself to see how long it takes to do it in one sitting.

I've made that chicken stir fry at my last 2 shows - it's very good!

Hamburgers with lots of BLUE CHEESE! Hubby and I saw it on TV last night and it looked too good!

Tonight is Monte Cristo Folds. I have one bag of chopped ham left from Christmas in my freezer and I need to run to the store and get some turkey to go with it. It's a good, easy recipe...and I might even try it for a show sometime...but definitely will be adding more swiss cheese than I did the last time I tried it.

I have my choice of a few things. Yesterday I made a crockpot of homemade beef stew, then I made 10 quarts of Spicy Italian Sausage with Orzo soup (amazing, by the way!), and also a huge pot of Loaded Potato Soup.

I figured any of those with a grilled cheese sammich and a side salad would be a great meal.

Baked tortellini casserole (I just made up so I hope it is good), salad, and crescent rolls.

BadGirl said:
I have my choice of a few things. Yesterday I made a crockpot of homemade beef stew, then I made 10 quarts of Spicy Italian Sausage with Orzo soup (amazing, by the way!), and also a huge pot of Loaded Potato Soup.

I figured any of those with a grilled cheese sammich and a side salad would be a great meal.

Mmmmm, where are these recipes found?

kcjodih said:
I'll be glad to post these recipes when I get home this evening.

Thanks that would be great! Or just guide me to where they are if they're PC and I'll find them. Thanks for all your help!

I'm so stuffed on cookies that AnnieBee recommended :D that I can't even think about dinner! lol I am feeling uninspired today. No idea what to make. I have a lot of left over corn tortillas and cilantro from when I made the Mexican chicken lasagna, but no enchilada sauce. Hmmm, wonder what I could make? Anyone want to help inspire me?! :D

Sweet N Sour Brisket, salad & garlic bites (maybe some potatoes, too)

kcjodih said:
Baked Potato Soup, from pg 7 of "Main Dishes" cookbook

4 medium baked potatoes
2 slices bacon
1/2 cup celery, chopped
1/2 cup green onions with tops, thinly sliced
1 can (14.5 ounces) chicken broth
1 1/2 cups milk
1 garlic clove, pressed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup light sour cream
2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (1/2 cup)

Remove skins from baked potatoes. Mash potatoes in large bowl. In 4-qt casserole, cook bacon till crisp. Remove bacon to paper towel to drain; crumble and set aside. Discard all but 1/2 teaspoon drippings in pan. Add chicken broth, milk, mashed potatoes, celery onions, garlic, salt and black pepper to drippings in pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes.

Stir in sour cream and reserved bacon. Ladle soup in to 4 bowls. Shred two tablespoons cheese over each serving. Yield: 4 servings.

Spicy Italian Sausage with Orzo Soup (my own recipe midified using PC spices)

1 pound hot Italian sausage (casings removed, if present)
1 parge onion, chopped
1 medium carrot, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
8 cups chicken broth
1 14.5 can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
1 clove garlic, pressed
1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning Mix
1 bay leaf
1 1/2 cup dried Orzo pasta (or use finely broken spaghetti-type noodles)
finely shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)

In a 4-qt pan, combine sausage, onion, carrot, and celery; cook over medium heat until the sausage is brown. Drain well. Add broth, undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, garlic, Italian spices and bay leaf to the sausage mixture. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 1 hour.

Add uncooked pasta to sausage mixture. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Cook, uncovered, for 30 minutes more. Discard bay leaf. If desired, serve with shredded Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8 servings

We're having homemade chicken soup via the crockpot and salad...I want the leftovers for the freezer too! My house smells divine and I'm freezing so I need soup to warm my up!

I am making the Grilled Chicken Al Fresco, (from new SB and 29 min to dinner). We are going to make this at our cook and look next week so I want to try it out. Also going to make the strawberry torte someone posted on here (with strawberrry cake mix, whip cream, strawberries, powder sugar). Can't wait

sklay723 said:
Tonight is Monte Cristo Folds. I have one bag of chopped ham left from Christmas in my freezer and I need to run to the store and get some turkey to go with it. It's a good, easy recipe...and I might even try it for a show sometime...but definitely will be adding more swiss cheese than I did the last time I tried it.

OK, my DH just doesn't understand and I had to tell someone...they are in the oven right now and smell SOO good I can hardly stand it. Any time you can add cinnamon and nutmeg to a DINNER recipe, it's got to be a good thing, right?

mscharf said:
I am making the Grilled Chicken Al Fresco, (from new SB and 29 min to dinner). We are going to make this at our cook and look next week so I want to try it out. Also going to make the strawberry torte someone posted on here (with strawberrry cake mix, whip cream, strawberries, powder sugar). Can't wait

SOOOO yummy, and lots of leftovers for hubby's lunch tommorow!! Now on to dessert!

BadGirl said:
Baked Potato Soup, from pg 7 of "Main Dishes" cookbook

4 medium baked potatoes
2 slices bacon
1/2 cup celery, chopped
1/2 cup green onions with tops, thinly sliced
1 can (14.5 ounces) chicken broth
1 1/2 cups milk
1 garlic clove, pressed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup light sour cream
2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (1/2 cup)

Remove skins from baked potatoes. Mash potatoes in large bowl. In 4-qt casserole, cook bacon till crisp. Remove bacon to paper towel to drain; crumble and set aside. Discard all but 1/2 teaspoon drippings in pan. Add chicken broth, milk, mashed potatoes, celery onions, garlic, salt and black pepper to drippings in pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes.

Stir in sour cream and reserved bacon. Ladle soup in to 4 bowls. Shred two tablespoons cheese over each serving. Yield: 4 servings.

Spicy Italian Sausage with Orzo Soup (my own recipe midified using PC spices)

1 pound hot Italian sausage (casings removed, if present)
1 parge onion, chopped
1 medium carrot, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
8 cups chicken broth
1 14.5 can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
1 clove garlic, pressed
1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning Mix
1 bay leaf
1 1/2 cup dried Orzo pasta (or use finely broken spaghetti-type noodles)
finely shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)

In a 4-qt pan, combine sausage, onion, carrot, and celery; cook over medium heat until the sausage is brown. Drain well. Add broth, undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, garlic, Italian spices and bay leaf to the sausage mixture. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 1 hour.

Add uncooked pasta to sausage mixture. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Cook, uncovered, for 30 minutes more. Discard bay leaf. If desired, serve with shredded Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8 servings

Thanks so much for sharing and taking the time to type these out. I can't wait to try both of these!

my cupboards are empty. i managed to forget the grocery part of grocery shopping! ask DH what he wanted and he said MD.... i'm considering caving....

I was lazy and tired - we had chinese food !!!

Related to Did I Just Make the Easiest Dinner Ever?

1. What is the "What's for Dinner?" meal planning service?

The "What's for Dinner?" meal planning service is a subscription-based program from Pampered Chef that helps you plan and prepare delicious and easy meals for your family. It provides weekly meal plans, recipes, and grocery lists to make mealtime stress-free and enjoyable.

2. How much does the "What's for Dinner?" service cost?

The "What's for Dinner?" service is available for $19.99 per month or $149 for an annual subscription. There is also a 14-day free trial available for new subscribers.

3. Can I customize my meal plan with "What's for Dinner?"

Yes, you can customize your meal plan by selecting any dietary restrictions or preferences, adjusting serving sizes, and even swapping out recipes for ones you prefer. The service also offers a variety of meal options, including vegetarian, low-carb, and kid-friendly meals.

4. Are the ingredients for the meal plans easy to find?

Yes, the ingredients for the meal plans are common and easy to find at most grocery stores. You can also adjust the grocery list to fit your preferred store or brands.

5. Is there a mobile app for the "What's for Dinner?" service?

Currently, there is no mobile app for the "What's for Dinner?" service. However, you can access the meal plans and recipes through the Pampered Chef website on your phone or tablet.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
AnnieBee
  • rennea