• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Devil Food Cake for Skillet Pan

In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for a recipe for a skillet cake that uses devil's food cake mix, butterscotch caramel chips, and chocolate chips. A possible recipe is suggested using these ingredients and instructions are provided. The person is grateful for the help and may adjust the recipe to their liking.
bduggan
I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I have a host that is looking for a recipe for her skillet pan. The three main ingredients are devil food choc cake mix, butter scotch carmel,choc chips. I have searched every where for this recipe but so far i can not locate this. If anyone has any idea i would love to hear from you. I usually dont post but i am hear every day learning from you all. Thank you so much for all the knowledge you have given me.
Brenda

Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake - it's in the All The Best Cookbook, and if you type in Turtle in the files section here, the recipe is there.

One possible recipe that could use all of those ingredients is a Chocolate Caramel Skillet Cake. Here is a recipe that you could try:Ingredients:- 1 box devil's food cake mix- 1/2 cup unsalted butter- 1/2 cup water- 1/2 cup vegetable oil- 3 eggs- 1 cup butterscotch caramel chips- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips- Whipped cream or ice cream for serving (optional)Instructions:1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, butter, water, vegetable oil, and eggs. Mix until well combined.3. Stir in the butterscotch caramel chips and chocolate chips.4. Heat a large skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium heat. Melt a tablespoon of butter in the skillet to coat the bottom and sides.5. Pour the cake batter into the skillet and spread it evenly.6. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.7. Let the cake cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. You can top it with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.I hope this recipe fits what you were looking for! If not, feel free to adjust the flavors and ingredients to your liking. Enjoy!

1. What size skillet pan should I use for the Devil's Food Cake?

The recommended size for the skillet pan is a 10-inch or 12-inch pan. This will ensure that the cake cooks evenly and has enough room to rise.

2. Can I use a regular cake mix for the Devil's Food Cake in the skillet pan?

Yes, you can use a regular cake mix for this recipe. Just make sure to follow the instructions on the box and adjust the baking time according to the size of your skillet pan.

3. Do I need to grease the skillet pan before baking the Devil's Food Cake?

Yes, it is recommended to grease the skillet pan before adding the batter. This will prevent the cake from sticking to the pan and make it easier to remove after baking.

4. Can I add toppings or frosting to the Devil's Food Cake for skillet pan?

Absolutely! You can add your favorite toppings or frosting to the cake once it has cooled. Some popular options include chocolate ganache, whipped cream, or fresh fruit.

5. How long does it take to bake the Devil's Food Cake in a skillet pan?

The baking time will vary depending on the size of your skillet pan and the type of cake mix you are using. However, on average, it takes about 35-40 minutes for the cake to bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BeckyC5830
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jessinthekitchen
  • naekelsey
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies