• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delaying My Walk: Newborn & Leadership Conference Questions

In summary, Gillian will be a director this month, but she can't make it to conference because she will have a newborn. Am I only allowed to walk at the conference/leadership that follows my promotion, or can I walk at leadership in Jan? I *believe* you can postpone it.
gilliandanielle
I will be a director this month, but I can't make it to conference because I will have a newborn. Am I only allowed to walk at the conference/leadership that follows my promotion, or can I walk at leadership in Jan?

I *believe* you can postpone it.

I know of one person who could have walked at Leadership but is doing it at National.

I did that I couldn't go to leadership because I had a newborn (he's 7 now) and asked that I wait until Conference and they allowed me to so I did walk at Conference in July when I promoted the September previous.

Thanks- I was hoping that would be the case! I would hate to miss out because I missed my high school graduation (I did correspondence my senior year because I was married in March and pregnant in April) and have never really had a walk across stage!

Wow - you got married still in HS?

I keep forgetting you are soo young Gill! Even though you are wise beyond years! LOL

Congratulations!
gilliandanielle said:
I will be a director this month,

Gillian,

Woo Hoo! Great job! I know you've worked hard for this.:)

Wow, you did it!! You said that you are going to be director in the Spring!!
Great Job!!!:)

Congrats Gill!!! I hope to be just like you in 2 months!!!!:D

I"m so excited for you! And glad that you'll still be able to do your walk:)

Way to Go Gillian!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!

That must be a relatively new policy (postponing walking). I've heard stories about consultants who didn't get to walk because they couldn't make it to Conference, and were told "Tough."

Darn. Nobody tell my AD about this new policy. I'm trying to figure out how NOT to walk and this will mean that I can't go to any more conferences after I promote.

Congratulations!! Way to go Gillian.

I was in a class at Leadership and the presenter was the first one who was able to postpone. She technically didn't postpone. She was told tough because she had some family emergency - I think it might have been a kid in the hospital. Anyhoo, she was upfront and honest with HO and kept asking for supervisors and explained how she felt that they weren't following the flexibility of the business that they advertise and that she was being punished by choosing her family in a time of need. They saw it from her point of view and changed the policy. That goes to show that HO does care about us and listens to us!

Okay, one more post for my pink star...

Congrats Kate! You look good in pink!Thanks everyone for your input and am glad I work for such an awesome and flexable company! I have another recruiting interview with my host from this weekend tonight, so maybe she can be #7!I met my DH when I was a junior in high school and we were engaged while it was still illegal (shhhh!). We got married a few weeks after I turned 18 (so halfway through my senior year) and I was pregnant soon after. I changed to a correspondence school after my junior year, so no graduation...Another director in my cluster was Miss Alaska, so she embroiders the sashes for all the directors in our cluster. I am so excited to get mine, even if it doesn't fit for a while... she is pregnant too due in May, so I am not sure if she is even going!

chefann said:
That must be a relatively new policy (postponing walking). I've heard stories about consultants who didn't get to walk because they couldn't make it to Conference, and were told "Tough."

Darn. Nobody tell my AD about this new policy. I'm trying to figure out how NOT to walk and this will mean that I can't go to any more conferences after I promote.

Ann, why would you NOT want to walk?? just curious...

By the way, Gillian....WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great Job!!!!!! I'm very excited for you!

PampMomof3 said:

Hey Kristi do you mean Pregnant or Promoting !!!:D

Way to go Gillian!!!

(((HAPPY GRADUATION)))

PampMomof3 said:

WOW!! Pregnant or promoting !!!:D ROTFLMAO!!!

Way to go Gillian!!!

(((((HAPPY GRADUATION)))))

Congrats!Well this walk will be very special to you. It's good to know you can still do it, but at a later time. You worked hard and congratulations!!

Keep up the good work Gillian!!

By the way how old are you??? If you don't mind me asking. I am 29!

Debbie :D

LMAO- I don't think Kristi wants to be pamperedmomof4!!!

I just signed #7!!! WOOO HOOO!!!

Debbie- we posted at the same time! I just turned 22 in January...

Seven!!!WOW seven recruits!! That's great! Way to go!!
And at only 22 years old, can you imagine a few years from now. We will be seeing your pic in an upcoming catalog!! Great job!
Give us some good tips! Where did you find these ladies? Or did they find you? Did you meet them at shows? Were they already interested in joining Pc or did you tell them about being a consultant and it got them excited about joining?
I would really like to know!

Thanks,
Debbie :D

I met two at our state fair and the rest were hosts. The gal I signed tonight is my DH's best friends wife. She hosted a show for me over the weekend because they just bought a new house. I being the ever-so-annoying PC lady told her that she should have a show to show off her new house. She is a kindergarten teacher but took this year off because she had a baby in June. I would have never offered her the opportunity because she has a full time job and a new baby.

When she was picking her free stuff she listed off a ton of stuff that was in the kit. I told her that it would probably be cheaper to buy the kit and have the extra stuff! She told me that she was thinking about it while I was doing my demo and thought it was really easy. I WAS SHOCKED! I said that I would understand if she couldn't do the shows. She told me that she wanted to start now and get a consistent 4 shows a month so she can put a dent in her daycare costs once she goes back to teaching in September!!

I am so excited for her and can't wait to see what I can do with a recruit that I talk to everyday anyway!!

Oh- I have to add that I got two recruits because I was too lazy to do their shows when I was 8-10 weeks preggo!! I told them to do it themselves and get the commission, LOL!

Congratulations, Gillian! It is awesome to promote, especially while busy making a baby! Keep up the great work!!!

gilliandanielle said:
I just signed #7!!! WOOO HOOO!!!

WOOO-HOOOO:D You go girl!

pcchris said:
Ann, why would you NOT want to walk?? just curious...
Just one of those things. I love being on stage, but the thought of walking when I promote makes me gag. It seems so contrary to the idea that this is a real business. I'm working on adjusting my attitude about it. It helped when my Director told me that it's not fair to my upline for me not to walk, since they're helping me and that's their moment to celebrate, too.

chefann said:
It seems so contrary to the idea that this is a real business.

I don't understand this Ann. I work for Wal-Mart home office and when we promote to manager or senior systems programmer (me :) ), we get recognized. We don't walk across a stage but it goes out in email to the whole division with a short bio about us. We also get recognized for 5 years of service, 10, 15 and at 20 and above, we do have to get on stage in front of our division in a meeting and they do a presentation including pictures of you when you were younger all the way to now kinda detailing your life. The families love to conspire with them lol. Anyway, my point was that if more real businesses would recognize their people for acheivments, the working force as a whole would be happier.

chefann said:
Just one of those things. I love being on stage, but the thought of walking when I promote makes me gag. It seems so contrary to the idea that this is a real business. I'm working on adjusting my attitude about it. It helped when my Director told me that it's not fair to my upline for me not to walk, since they're helping me and that's their moment to celebrate, too.

Ann - I understand how you feel - I have felt that way too. It just goes against something inside me to get dressed up and act like a "princess". It's just not "me". But my director is so excited about cheering me on....I did tell her NO WAY on the Tiara though! So I'm looking at it as a celebration of my accomplishment, and thinking it will only be a few minutes out of my lifetime!;)

ChefBeckyD said:
Ann - I understand how you feel - I have felt that way too. It just goes against something inside me to get dressed up and act like a "princess". It's just not "me". But my director is so excited about cheering me on....I did tell her NO WAY on the Tiara though! So I'm looking at it as a celebration of my accomplishment, and thinking it will only be a few minutes out of my lifetime!;)

I understand too.

So don't dress like a princess (I won't!). Wear a suit or a simple dress and know you're being honored because you are a woman (or man) who takes this business seriously.

When I walk, I will be celebrating all the blood, sweat and tears (and I've contributed lots of each) I've put into getting to that position. I think it's good for your downline to see you walk. So many women LONG for someone to take a moment to recognize their accomplishments. You can show them what that looks like.

BTW, I'll be crying. I cry at the drop of a hat and by the time I walk, it will have been a long time coming.

I do see your points, ladies. Still working on getting over it. I think a big part of it, too, is the experiences I've had with other home businesses and their rah-rah mentality. They left a bad taste in my mouth.

On the tiara thing: a coworker does a lot of beading, and said she can probably make me a tiara that's shaped like a chef's hat. That would be fun!

Congrats Gillian, way to go.

chefann said:
I do see your points, ladies. Still working on getting over it. I think a big part of it, too, is the experiences I've had with other home businesses and their rah-rah mentality. They left a bad taste in my mouth.

On the tiara thing: a coworker does a lot of beading, and said she can probably make me a tiara that's shaped like a chef's hat. That would be fun!

The rah-rah thing is not for me either. I also hate attention - a personal email or note I love but to be recognized in front of other people always makes me ill/uncomfortable.

A chef's hat tiara is a great idea. See you are getting into the spirit.

tlennhoff said:
Congrats Gillian, way to go.
Thanks Tash- I was just thinking about you yesterday that I haven't seen you post much...

gilliandanielle said:
Thanks Tash- I was just thinking about you yesterday that I haven't seen you post much...

You've been busy while I was away.

I always had a feeling that all my recruits would qualify at once... they were always there, just not doing anything!

I have not been to a conference, but Ann, many companies have awards and recognitions at their conferences and have ppl come up to stage, so I wouldn't think it was different. In my day job, they do years of service and then achievement awards each year at conference.

chefann said:

Ann cant you just tell them you dont want to walk??

I have earned it- I am darn right going to walk!! Ann, you might feel better about walking once you get there and the excitement takes over!

Related to Delaying My Walk: Newborn & Leadership Conference Questions

1. Can I still receive my promotion if I am unable to attend the conference due to having a newborn?

Yes, you can still receive your promotion as long as you meet the qualifications and requirements set by Pampered Chef. Your team leader or mentor can provide you with more information on what is required for your specific promotion.

2. Will I be able to walk at the conference or leadership event if I am unable to attend the one following my promotion?

Yes, you can walk at either the conference or leadership event, depending on which one works best for you and your schedule. You do not have to wait until the next event after your promotion to walk.

3. Can I still participate in the conference or leadership event even if I am unable to walk?

Yes, you can still attend and participate in the conference or leadership event even if you are unable to walk. It is a great opportunity to learn and network with other directors and leaders.

4. Will there be accommodations for mothers with newborns at the conference or leadership event?

Yes, there will be accommodations for mothers with newborns at the conference or leadership event. Please reach out to the event organizers for more information on what accommodations are available.

5. Can I bring my newborn with me to the conference or leadership event?

Yes, you can bring your newborn with you to the conference or leadership event. However, please keep in mind that the event may be loud and crowded, so it may not be the most comfortable environment for a newborn. It is recommended to have a support person or childcare available to help with your newborn during the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • KimberleePowell
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
RMDave
  • chunkysalsa
  • General Chat
Replies