• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Bring My Newborn to Conference?

In summary, National Conference does not allow newborns to attend. There is a nursing mother's room that the mother can use to nurse and/or pump while the mother attends the conference. If the mother wants to bring her baby to the conference, she must bring a babysitter and the babysitter can stay in the public areas of Mc Cormick Place while the mother attends the conference.
chunkysalsa
I am due June 15th and am wondering what the policy was on taking newborns to confernce. It's my first and I just don't know if I can leave the baby for three days! ( I know... I am wrapped already...) I really want to go to conference though too...

I believe they have some good arrangements for moms of newborns. I know I've seen several women each year carrying their itty bitties.However, since my baby boy had already graduated from high school by the time I attended, I don't have detailed info for you.

Call HO, I know that they will accomodate as needed in that kind of situation.

Good for you wanting to go even though you will have a little one.

You are not allowed to bring your child into any workshops or general sessions. There is a nursing mother's room that you can use to nurse and/or pump while you're there.If you want your baby there, you'll have to bring along a babysitter and that person can hang out in the public areas of Mc Cormick Place while you go to your things and then they'll be able to call you if the baby needs you and you can leave your workshop and go nurse or whatever.Being a mother already myself, there is NO WAY in you know where that I'd be attending National Conference 3 weeks after giving birth unless I was promoting or something. It took me a good month or two to feel back to normal and feel like I could get it together enough to go out in public.

DebbieJ said:
Being a mother already myself, there is NO WAY in you know where that I'd be attending National Conference 3 weeks after giving birth unless I was promoting or something. It took me a good month or two to feel back to normal and feel like I could get it together enough to go out in public.

Well, I figure not having any to learn from I may just be being optimistic....:D

Actually I am just hoping that I have him/her early!

Keep in mind that National is a fairly packed schedule, especially on Day 2. It's exhausting! If you're still recovering, it could get really ugly really fast. (Not that I'm trying to talk you out of it, just trying to be realistic about it.)

chefann said:
If you're still recovering, it could get really ugly really fast. (Not that I'm trying to talk you out of it, just trying to be realistic about it.)

Yeah, you'll probably still be needing pads if you know what I mean.

I'm a pretty optimistic person - but I have to agree with Deb! Even if you have the baby early (I had a baby on June 8 - due July 9), you will be exhausted! I have just vague memories of the first 3 months after he was born!:rolleyes: (good thing there are pictures!) I have seen women at conference with babies - but not brand new babies.

Plus, after my son was born early, his Dr. said to keep him away from large crowds/busy public places for a good 6-8 weeks - just because he needed some time to develop, and his immune system would still be weak. Not trying to sound paranoid - because we did take him out (he went to his first car show at 5 weeks old!), but I did try to keep him away from large crowds, etc....

Just thought of something else - we're usually spread WAAAAYYYY out at McCormick Place. We get 1/2 hour between workshops, but sometimes that's just enough time to fight the crowds and get to where you need to be. I can't imagine trying to get to the nursing room, too. You'd need roller skates! (And now I have a hilarious and completely inappropriate image in my head of a 50's carhop skating around carrying a baby.)

lol. you guys are SO encouraging..and I can't roller skate for anything.

ah well... i may have to wait yet another year...

I was always up and about quite quickly with my kids and I have 7 but I have to say that I think it would be smarter for your overall business for you to stay home, enjoy your baby and get really healthy and then be ready to go out and do shows than to go to NC, have a great time but get really tired or worse and then have to extend the time before you could actually do shows and make some money... just my thoughts ... I can understanding wanting to be there but your family and being healthy is so important.

I tell you what-- I was absolutely exhausted, and it was just me. I can't imagine the thought of doing it with a baby. Seriously, I wonder how many miles we put in walking all over McCormick. I should take my pedometer this year!

chunkysalsa said:
lol. you guys are SO encouraging..

and I can't roller skate for anything.

I honestly don't mean to be discouraging.....I just know that I could never imagine doing Conference with a new baby!:eek:

And I think there is alot of wisdom in Diane's post.....

ChefBeckyD said:
And I think there is alot of wisdom in Diane's post.....

Me too. After all, the Pampered Chef is all about family first.

Oh I am not upset with what you are saying at all. Actually I am thankful that this is a company where your family can come first. I am just excited? (if that is the correct word) because I am really trying to bust a move <haha> this year to promote to director. I have a friend who sells also and we both set a goal to walk together this year at NC.

KimmyDarling said:
I tell you what-- I was absolutely exhausted, and it was just me. I can't imagine the thought of doing it with a baby. Seriously, I wonder how many miles we put in walking all over McCormick. I should take my pedometer this year!

My friend had her pedometer last year. We did 7 miles the first day, 11 the
2nd and 13 the last... the last day included walking Michigan Ave and buying that fabulous caramel popcorn... I can't recall the name of it... so it is MILES of walking even without sightseeing!

quiverfull7 said:
buying that fabulous caramel popcorn... I can't recall the name of it...

Garrett's

fricken fracken length requirements

quiverfull7 said:
My friend had her pedometer last year. We did 7 miles the first day, 11 the
2nd and 13 the last... the last day included walking Michigan Ave and buying that fabulous caramel popcorn... I can't recall the name of it... so it is MILES of walking even without sightseeing!

I knew we must have really been clocking in some mileage, but I had no idea it was that much!!! Unreal.

Good grief! That's half of the 3-Day breast cancer walk! And that's all they do for 3 days. Kristen,
We really aren't trying to discourage you. Especially when you have a goal to walk with your friend. I'd hate to think that we led you to believe that it would be a walk in the park, and then you end up having to take 2 weeks off because of exhaustion.

chefann said:
Good grief! That's half of the 3-Day breast cancer walk! And that's all they do for 3 days.

Maybe we should get people to sponsor us for HWC or something! LOL

But seriously, Ann's right. I wouldn't want to paint an unrealistic picture of what it's really like, either. I could see how it could turn into a nightmare for a mom with a newborn.

KimmyDarling said:
Maybe we should get people to sponsor us for HWC or something! LOL
Well, PC did announce that they are sponsoring a corporate team for the Making Strides walk!

you know---I would plan on it!!! Go for it----If you get tired you can rest---In the DREAM room====

MORFIA said:
If you get tired you can rest---In the DREAM room====

Ooh, I could TOTALLY take a nap in there! :)

DebbieJ said:
Ooh, I could TOTALLY take a nap in there! :)

Several people did!!!

I want one here----

I haven't been to conference, hopefully going this year, but I'm sure your age has a lot to do with it. Take no offense, but I am a hell of a lot younger (ok, i've never met anyone in PC my age!!!) than most PC people, not to mention people who have kids in general. I was fine within 2 weeks of having my son, and starting a stroller class, and I was 2 weeks post baby, and was kicking everyone's behind in the class when their kids were like 2.
So it really has a lot to do with that too...

I'm definitely not going to NC this year (I'm in Canada, so I think we have different dates from the US peeps) ... I'm pregnant and my due date is the day NC starts!!!! So while I'd really LOVE to go, I don't want to go into labour a few hours from home without my hubby and midwives there!!! (If it was in my city, I'd gladly still go!!!!)

jennjenn71706 said:
I haven't been to conference, hopefully going this year, but I'm sure your age has a lot to do with it. Take no offense, but I am a hell of a lot younger (ok, i've never met anyone in PC my age!!!) than most PC people, not to mention people who have kids in general. I was fine within 2 weeks of having my son, and starting a stroller class, and I was 2 weeks post baby, and was kicking everyone's behind in the class when their kids were like 2.

Age may well be a factor, but also the # of kids you have. I bounced back quite well after my first couple, but was totally wiped after #3. #4 wasn't too bad afterwards, but this is #5 in 7 years, so it is going to be more of a challenge to get my energy and whatnot back to normal. (Although if s/he came early, I'd probably be chomping at the bit to go to NC just to escape the madness here!!!)

From someone who did it!Last year 2006 we had our fourth. She was born June 1st and I was in Wave 1 of conference. She was 5 weeks old and I was breastfeeding. My husband came with me to conference. I pumped milk for him at the hotel and in the nursing mother's room. He never came to McCormick until the last day to walk through the Product Showcase room with me (where they would not let us take the stroller).

I gotta say, I didn't get any less sleep than I normally do. With my girlfriends we are up talking at all hours of the night and I wake up after only 4-5 hours of sleep (if that). So, you kinda have to know yourself. Is this your first baby? After my first, I don't think I would've tried it because I didn't know what to expect. Now I signed my agreement when our 3rd was 10 days old, so I guess that tells you a little something. I never let my life stop just because we were having a baby. That is how you lose yourself!

Anyhoo...do what you feel is best for you and your family. Just know that it can be done and it is not that difficult. I have a Medela pump (backpack style) for sale if you're interested! That sucker (no pun intended) is efficient and relatively painfree! (love your name btw...chunkysalsa!)

jennjenn71706 said:

I have a new recruit who just turned 20, and has a 19 week old baby. I also have a consultant under me who was 19 when she signed.

jennjenn71706 said:

I am close to your age. I signed right after my 19th birthday, and I'll be turning 21 in May. My recruiter was 21 when she signed me. So there are others out there!

holy crap, here I am thinking I'm the only one!!! Well, probably the only one in Colorado!

We had a director in our group who promoted when she was only 20 - 6 months into signing with PC. They are out there! I cannot say I'm that young any more but I'm still in my mid 20's

I agree that it's up to you. I'm pretty sure you can get the registration refunded (-$50 I think) if you don't go.
I think each person handles having a baby differently. I had my first when I was 19, had a c-section, & was miserable for several weeks. I had my second when I was 23, had natural delivery, & was pretty much fine by the end of the first week. Also, with my first, I didn't want to take her anywhere for several months; but with my second it was only a couple weeks! Just do what's best for you & your family!
Oh, & I was 22 when I signed with PC.

Chef Kearns said:
Last year 2006 we had our fourth. She was born June 1st and I was in Wave 1 of conference. She was 5 weeks old and I was breastfeeding. My husband came with me to conference. I pumped milk for him at the hotel and in the nursing mother's room. He never came to McCormick until the last day to walk through the Product Showcase room with me (where they would not let us take the stroller).

I gotta say, I didn't get any less sleep than I normally do. With my girlfriends we are up talking at all hours of the night and I wake up after only 4-5 hours of sleep (if that). So, you kinda have to know yourself. Is this your first baby? After my first, I don't think I would've tried it because I didn't know what to expect. Now I signed my agreement when our 3rd was 10 days old, so I guess that tells you a little something. I never let my life stop just because we were having a baby. That is how you lose yourself!

Anyhoo...do what you feel is best for you and your family. Just know that it can be done and it is not that difficult. I have a Medela pump (backpack style) for sale if you're interested! That sucker (no pun intended) is efficient and relatively painfree! (love your name btw...chunkysalsa!)

Thanks for the encouragement. I will turn 28 the first day of conference...haha... so I am not old by any means. :D My husband ont he other hand....

No but seriously, I think I will plan on going because I tell ya what, if I don't register or anything and I am feeling just fabulous by conference (well perhaps not fabulous), I will want to severely kick my own rump for not at least giving it a chance.

And yes, I would be interested in the pump... feel free to email me with specs at [email protected].

Thanks!:balloon:

I was 6 mos. PG when I went to NC my first Yr and walked I was not about to miss it. Could of waited till Leadership but you won't have your team or other consultant sisters there to cheer you on. So I was walking stage that day.. It was pure torture for me I almost got dragged by a Taxi the first night going to Rain Forest Cafe and that took my Hip out so the next 3 days I was hurting but it is ALOT of walking that is for sure. I can say this even after Bed rest when I got back till my son was born the end of Oct. I would not have missed it, and have not missed one since.
I did miss Leadership that Jan after he was born tho the only one I have ever missed, it was to much for me to take in after that.

You know yourself and what you can do so do what you feel is good for you and that precious baby your having.

chunkysalsa said:
Thanks for the encouragement. I will turn 28 the first day of conference...haha... so I am not old by any means. :D My husband ont he other hand....

No but seriously, I think I will plan on going because I tell ya what, if I don't register or anything and I am feeling just fabulous by conference (well perhaps not fabulous), I will want to severely kick my own rump for not at least giving it a chance.

And yes, I would be interested in the pump... feel free to email me with specs at [email protected].

Thanks!:balloon:

I don't know if it is an option in the US, but in Canada we can still register AT conference ... we just don't necessarily get our main choices for the sessions. Yes, you would be sacrificing the early bird rate, but it is still an option for you ... that way you can really see how you feel after the baby comes, and decide from there what to do.

1. Can I bring my newborn to conference?

At Pampered Chef, we understand that new mothers may have concerns about leaving their newborn for an extended period of time. As much as we would love to have your little one join us at conference, we ask that you make alternative arrangements for their care during the event. This will allow you to fully focus on the conference and get the most out of the experience.

2. What is the policy on taking newborns to conference?

Our policy is to not allow newborns at conference. We want to ensure a professional and distraction-free environment for all attendees. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in making other arrangements for your little one.

3. I am due on June 15th, can I still attend conference?

Congratulations on your upcoming arrival! We recommend that you consult with your doctor before making any travel plans so close to your due date. Also, keep in mind that our policy does not allow newborns at conference, so you will need to make arrangements for their care if you do decide to attend.

4. It's my first baby and I am not sure if I can leave them for three days. Can I bring them with me?

We completely understand the bond between a mother and her newborn, especially for a first-time parent. However, we kindly ask that you make other arrangements for your little one's care during the conference. This will allow you to fully immerse yourself in the experience and get the most out of it.

5. I really want to go to conference, but I am worried about leaving my newborn. What should I do?

We encourage you to attend conference and make arrangements for your newborn's care. This will allow you to connect with other Pampered Chef consultants, learn new skills and strategies, and grow your business. We promise it will be worth it! Remember, the conference is just a few days, but the knowledge and connections you gain will last a lifetime.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gilliandanielle
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
gilliandanielle
Replies
Views
gratergirl
Replies
Views
DebbieJ