• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Attending National Conference Revive My Struggling Business?

In summary, Chris plans on attending National Conference and getting a boost in business. He is in Wave 3 and last year attended his first conference and got seven bookings off his first show back. He recommends pampering your bank ladies and doing a fair in August.
pcchris
Silver Member
I'm assuming that attending National Conference will give me a boost to cary on my business...let me explain:
My June sucks! I've had nothing! (so much for month 1 of sellathon) I must have called 50 people this spring to get some shows for June/July/August, but everyone's "too busy". grrr... So, I have 2 for July, and nothing for August, yet. I'm seriously thinking that this is not the biz for me...but then something tells me to keep trying. So, I keep talking to people, and making my phone calls, and it's not happening like I want it to. I'm about ready to give up, but I am going to conference. So, seeing as how this is my first conference, I don't know what to expect, really. Will attending conference relight a smoldering ember? Please let me know what you think.

What Wave are you in Chris? This is my first but I definitely hear it is worth it and will give you a big boost. Just think, you get something for "submitting two shows in July AND attending conference".

I'm in Wave 3.

Yeah, I will get something special for 2 shows and going to conference...so I'm happy about that!

Something has to make up for my sucky June!

Hang in there! Last year was my first full summer with PC---and it stunk!!!!! This year, although not quite where I wanted to be, has been MUCH better.

Conference DEFINITELY will ingite a fire! I went to my first one last year & got SEVEN bookings off my first show back! I even brought phone #s with me to conference & called a few people while I was there--got a couple of bookings that way! Give it a chance. I think that everyone goes through a slump at some point when beginning the business--it just takes time to work up a customer base & get in a groove.

Good luck!

I have learned the hard way that in order for my summer to soar I should have started booking in April. But this being my first one I didn't quite realize it - lol. The good news is that my other biz is incredibly busy so that is a saving grace.

Anyway, stick with PC until the fall and see how quickly it all turns around for you. Keep calling, keep calling, keep calling and although this will be my first conference too ,I am sure it will give us the well deserved booster shot we need :)

Thanks for all the advice so far...keep it coming! I really don't want to quit PC, but if I keep calling and talking to people I see and I get nothing booked, I tend to take it personally, and start thinking that people don't like ME! My SD tells me I'm wrong. Anyway, I'm done whining...I hope that I made a wise investment by signing up for this conference.

Conference is amazing. The one thing that I didn't do last year that I wish I did was have a full schedule waiting for me when I got home. With a full schedule you can implement everything you learn and the fire won't die. I had only a few shows set up and even though I worked when I got home, it take 60-90 days to see results, so come November I was working it, but until then it wasn't happening.

Have you pampered any businesses? or wore your apron to the grocery store? what about any fairs/festival? Maybe call back people who said they were too busy and do an outdoors show on a weeknight, so they can get together with all their friends (that's how I just got a hostess last night) or a sip and dip, where it is short and casual and fun.

I think conference will be an amazing boost for you, as it was for me and I can't wait until this years! I wish you the best of luck! You can do it! :D

I've pampered my bank ladies (no orders). I am doing a fair in August (so I guess I have something for August...I forgot about that...duh!)

I plan on about 2 hours of UNINTERRUPTED phone time tomorrow...will ask about the sip n dip.

I hope that conference is exactly what I need. (besides a "proverbial virtual kick in the butt! LOL!!!)

chris
they tell us if we hear little voices in our head we're crazy! lol:D
listen to it, it will get u far!!
i know its hard but don't take the "nos" personally they are just getting u one step closer to the yeses
its so easy to give up when things arent going the way you want them to:rolleyes: been there done that, have the t-shirt

remember slow and steady wins the race
im sure conference will have you so excited you'll want to come home early,
take lots of notes and breathe

good luck and enjoy!

It's known fact folks who attend conference are:

1) mostly likely to promote
2) increased show average
3) have more bookings

than those who don't attend.

It's WELL worth the $$. You are going to be SOOOOOOOOOOOOO jazzed on the flight home...you need to get ON THE PHONE NOW and book some shows for the days right after you get home...like July 20, and 21st! ~ and the week after...

I had 3 kilo shows after I went to conference...it was my EXCITEMENT that made the guests excited to buy!

Hope to meet and see you at Wave 3!

Ginny

EVERYBODY CHANT: Oh Conference miraculously change me into a recruit and hostess magnet...May you make me irresistable to both men and women. Make people follow me around wondering what my secret is and begging me to be their director.

Julie

NC really helps w/motivation - that's why I decided to go this year even though I didn't want to spend the money! I actually started thinking is this the business for me, but I told myself in the beginning I would give it 5 years. So I don't want to quit before then (It will be 3 years in Sept. for me)!

My summer has been slow as well, but it's my own fault. I've been so busy trying to clean and organize this spring I haven't been on the phone!! I know I'll regret it this fall!

I have decided the slow times is a great time to do some learning. I started reading a great book yesterday called "Speak Up With Confidence" by Carol Kent. It's Christian based, but has some very practcal advice. I'm trying to make my shows more memorable to get more bookings. Some of the key points she makes I like so far:

1. Do I feel enthusiastic about sharing my ideas w/someone else?
2. Does anyone want to hear it? To get a good idea of what interests people, glance at the magazine covers (in our case cooking mag.) at the grocery store. Thousands of dollars have been spent to research and determine what people are intersted in.
3. Know your audience (Who - age, sex background, race, What - what are their struggles (Mom's w/little kids, retired people), Why - Am I an expert on the subject they want to know more about How - How will I get their attention.
4. Determine your AIM - The audience will never figure out the purpose of your talk if you cannot state your aim in one clear concise sentence. Ex. "I'm going to help you save time in your kitchen so you can spend more time with your children." If you're talking to a group of mothers or "I'm going to teach you to cook easily for one or two." If you're talking to an older crowd. Think "I want to cause my audience to ......... (want our products to help them/make their life easier).
5. Be brief, be simple, be visual, be correct. A message w/o an illustration is like a Christmas tree w/o lights.
6. Show the audience you are real. Identify in some way what we have gone through. (Ex. not always an expert cook - I'm going to talk about how my sister had an Easy Bake Oven and my parents never bought me one. It made me have an obsession for cooking and cooking products - now I have more then she does, and much better then an Easy Bake Oven. Something like that).
7. Illustrations make truth memorable.
8. Disney discovered the only movies people would pay to see over and over again had one common thread - they made people laugh and cry (I don't know how I'm going to create the crying at my shows yet LOL)! She says her speeches are more memorable when she includes a variety of warm humor and meaningful experiences.
9. Look for the "felt need" in every personal experience - the key ingredient that will allow people to see themsleves in your illustration.

This is all I have read for now (about 1/4 of the way through the book). But these are great points to ensure I have in my show.

I do agree excitement about the products helps us to sell them. Conference will really pump you up!

Good Luck,

Last edited:
chefjwr said:
EVERYBODY CHANT: Oh Conference miraculously change me into a recruit and hostess magnet...May you make me irresistable to both men and women. Make people follow me around wondering what my secret is and begging me to be their director.

Julie

Ooooommmmm........ :D

Yes, conference will help your business. The only people in my cluster who are continually active and submitting shows are the ones who have attended conference at least once in the last 2 years. It really pulls it all together and helps you see the big picture, and your shows just naturally get better because you can speak from experience and true excitement. Hang in there, and keep getting on the phone - it'll happen! I've been doing this for 4 years, and my first summer wasn't that great, but I've had great summers ever since! And, a girl on my team who just couldn't get her business to be consistent has been really consistent every month since going to conference last year, and she has a FT day job and a 3 year old, too. You have to put the information into action to make a difference, but you'll get so much info, it will be hard NOT to put it into action!! Good luck and enjoy Chicago!
:)

Are you convinced that conference is a good thing yet? lol:)

:) Conference will work. Remember the post when you asked about conference initially? I won't repeat myself..... But yes, conference works!

I agree with everyone... conference is great...definately will boost your busniess and your energy to move your business forward! Enjoy it!

THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm convinced!

1. Will NC give me a boost?

NC (Nutritional Consultant) is a program offered by Pampered Chef that provides personalized nutrition and wellness recommendations. While the program can provide a boost in helping you achieve your health goals, it ultimately depends on your commitment to following the recommendations and making healthy lifestyle choices.

2. How much does the NC program cost?

The cost of the NC program varies depending on your personalized recommendations and the length of your program. Please reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant for more information on pricing.

3. Do I need to purchase Pampered Chef products to participate in the NC program?

No, you do not need to purchase Pampered Chef products to participate in the NC program. However, incorporating Pampered Chef products into your cooking routine can make it easier to follow your personalized nutrition recommendations.

4. Can I still participate in the NC program if I have dietary restrictions or allergies?

Yes, the NC program takes into account any dietary restrictions or allergies you may have. Your personalized recommendations will be tailored to accommodate your specific needs and preferences.

5. How often do I have to meet with my NC consultant?

The frequency of meetings with your NC consultant will depend on the length of your program and your individual progress. Typically, meetings are scheduled every 2-3 weeks to track progress and make any necessary adjustments to your recommendations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • kcmckay
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedchef.em
Replies