• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Should First-Timers Expect at Their First Conference?

In summary, the conversation centers around the excitement and anticipation for the upcoming conference. Many first-time attendees are looking forward to networking, learning, and growing their businesses. Some are nervous about attending alone, but others offer tips and advice for making the most out of the conference experience. There is also discussion about roommates and the popular "surprise boxes" that can be purchased at the conference.
amy07
I am so daggone excited about going this year it is not even funny! I wish I would've waited to do my Director Walk at NC instead of Leadership. I think it would've been more exciting. I so want to experience the "Big Picture" that I hear so many talk about. If this is your first time, what are you looking forward to getting from Conference?

getting away from my husband and 2 year old... he he he!

I am excited to meet all the wonderful motivating women that are a part of PC

Learning stuff that will make my business grow!

It has suddenly become my lifeline ... and spending so much on this trip is a HUGE step of faith!

I'll be there with nervous bells on ;)

This will be my first time too!! I am so excited that I can't wait. It will also be the first time I've been away from my two sons (2 and 4) for longer than a day.

I am looking to get lots of information about how to grow my business, gain knowledge, skills, meet other consultants. Just the whole "experience" in general!!!

ok, I have to admit that I am very nervous about getting lost in the shuffle of NC. I'm traveling totally alone. No Director or cluster mates (yet) so I'm afraid that I will not know the "flow".

My first time too:D
I'm sure the vets won't let us stumble around too much;)

Make sure to wear a Chef Success button so we can find you!

amy07 said:
ok, I have to admit that I am very nervous about getting lost in the shuffle of NC. I'm traveling totally alone. No Director or cluster mates (yet) so I'm afraid that I will not know the "flow".
Dont' worry Amy; you'll get the swing of things quickly! All you first-timers will have a blast!

amy07 said:

I am also going on my own! I just lost my second director and no one is going from my hospitality cluster. Where are you staying?

pcheftammy said:
I am also going on my own! I just lost my second director and no one is going from my hospitality cluster. Where are you staying?

At the Hilton. Do you have roommates?

I'm not in a conference hotel ... but I'm very close to the Sheraton and all the rest of my cluster is there.

Ladies - I'm making a spreadsheet with cell #'s, e-mail addys & hotel info so that we can all get in touch with one another. We're also going to have a MNG at some point so that we can meet each other in person. PM me your info:

name (real life)
hotel
day arriving
cell #
email (where you want the final list sent)

I'll get you added to the list & then I'll send it to everyone closer to conference.

amy07 said:
At the Hilton. Do you have roommates?

All of a sudden I have 2. No one I know. I am open to one more though. It is a 2 bedroom 2 bath, so it's quite do-able!

I may be in the market. I probably won't know until closer to the date though. :(

dannyzmom said:
Make sure to wear a Chef Success button so we can find you!

Where do you get the badge?

amy07 said:
Last year was my first time. Take advantage of the free time between classes like lunch breaks to sit with consultants that you don't know to pick each others brains. I got some great advice on wedding registries while riding the bus back to the hotel. Your going to love the "Suprise Boxes". You buy one or more and open it on a long table and trade with everyone else.

Chef Bobby said:
Last year was my first time. Take advantage of the free time between classes like lunch breaks to sit with consultants that you don't know to pick each others brains. I got some great advice on wedding registries while riding the bus back to the hotel. Your going to love the "Suprise Boxes". You buy one or more and open it on a long table and trade with everyone else.
Dumb question. These surprise boxes that you guys talk about, are they gifts from HO? I thought I read somewhere that we buy them?:confused:

amy07 said:
Dumb question. These surprise boxes that you guys talk about, are they gifts from HO? I thought I read somewhere that we buy them?:confused:

Yes, you buy them. They are boxes of discontinued products with various price ranges.

I think there was a $25 and $50 box last year...

There was memorabilia (logo bags, mugs, etc...)

Regular products (cutting boards, parchment paper, stoneware, etc.)

...and a third category...

You can then take them to the FedEx booth and they will seal them up and ship them home for you (S/H fees apply). A lot of people would buy Merrill stuff and throw them in their boxes before shipping.

Oh, and there are tables to open them up on and you can barter. A lot of people traded stoneware for something less due to the weight. I got some stoneware pieces last year since I drove! :)

thanks Janet! Good to know for budgeting!!

I'm a first timer too! I'm very excited to be going. I really need a boost to rev up some motivation!
Hope to meet some of you there as well? Anyone taking the 1st home office tour on day 1?

I sent home one of my suitcases at the Fed Ex booth last year so I wouldn't have to take it back through the airport.

I would rather leave some room in my suitcase (or carry on!) and put the stoneware in there!

Most people from here are going on Day 1 ... I am going on Day 3 because most of my cluster will be staying on until Sunday morning.

I can't wait. This is my first year with PC, and I will be at Wave 1! I am going solo too, no other cluster mates coming. But, I am psyched!! Road trips are wonderful. 483 miles with girlfriends who are not PC consultants.

Related to What Should First-Timers Expect at Their First Conference?

What is "1St Timers Unite!!"?

"1St Timers Unite!!" is a program designed for first-time Pampered Chef customers to connect with other new customers, learn about our products, and receive exclusive offers and discounts.

How do I join "1St Timers Unite!!"?

To join "1St Timers Unite!!", simply create a customer account on our website and opt-in to receive emails. You will automatically be enrolled in the program and start receiving benefits.

What benefits do I receive as a member of "1St Timers Unite!!"?

As a member of "1St Timers Unite!!", you will receive exclusive offers and discounts, access to a private Facebook group to connect with other first-time customers, and helpful tips and recipes for using your Pampered Chef products.

How long do I have access to the benefits of "1St Timers Unite!!"?

As long as you remain an active Pampered Chef customer, you will continue to receive the benefits of "1St Timers Unite!!". However, some offers and discounts may have expiration dates, so be sure to check the details carefully.

Can I opt-out of "1St Timers Unite!!" at any time?

Yes, you can opt-out of "1St Timers Unite!!" at any time by unsubscribing from our emails. However, we hope you will continue to be a part of our community and enjoy the benefits of being a Pampered Chef customer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Candice
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
chefann
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies