• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Managing Walking Difficulties at Leadership Conference: A Personal Experience

L
ltkacz
Ok...no, it's not "walking the stage".

I have a slipped disk or a hip problem (won't know for sure until the 31st when I see the orthopedic doctor) which makes it extremely difficult for me to walk and to sit in the car for any length of time. It is also very painful at night when I'm sleeping.

I've registered for conference, and I'm driving (about 3-4 hours) to conference. I'm not sure I can make the car trip let alone walk around conference. I do believe my director has reservations at the Hyatt, which I'm splitting 3 ways.

I understand at this point no refund on conference, and I of course would not leave my fellow consultants out of luck and would pay for my portion of the room should I not go.

I'm wondering - how much walking is there at Leadership? I'm assuming it's a lot, and considering I can barely walk 20 feet without my leg falling asleep, I'm not sure how in the world I'm going to walk around conference. I will be completely bummed if I can't go, but at this point, it's not looking promissing as things are getting worse.

I didn't want to make a final decision until the 31st when I see the orthopedic doctor, but I'll be honest - it's looking grim - and I'M BUMMED (acutally crying)!!!

I would look into getting a wheelchair. I don't know how far it will be spread out because I have never been to Cincinnati.

ltkacz said:
.......I understand at this point no refund on conference, .......
I believe that HO will refund your registration fee if you can't go.

Hope you feel better and that you'll be up to making the trip.

Last year, the workshops weren't as spread out as at Conference, but still more than a few steps. Of course, it was at a completely different convention center, which is a major factor.

One more thing, I have a "stiky" sacra illiac (sp?) joint. Basically, my hip moves back, but has a harder time moving forward again. Before it was diagnosed and physical therapy prescribed, I was using a heating pad and I felt like I wanted someone to pull my leg out of socket to make it feel better. Now, when I feel it coming on again, I ice it, lay on my back and pull my knee up to my chest to put it back in place. Why am I telling you this? Try ice, ibuprophen and stretching before bed. Try getting a wheelchair and a friend to push you from class to class. If you have to leave because you hurt, then do it. But, try to go!!!

I hope you are able to go because the training is awesome at leadership! But if you can't go notify HO in writing and they will refund all but $50 of your registration fee.

1. How much walking is involved at the Leadership Conference?

The amount of walking at the Leadership Conference can vary depending on the venue and activities planned. However, it typically involves walking to and from different sessions, workshops, and networking events throughout the day.

2. Will there be accommodations for individuals with walking difficulties?

Yes, conference organizers often have accommodations in place for individuals with walking difficulties. This can include reserved seating, accessible routes, and assistance from event staff if needed.

3. Can I still attend the conference if I have difficulty walking?

Absolutely! The conference is open to all attendees, regardless of any physical limitations. However, it is important to consider your own comfort and safety when deciding whether or not to attend.

4. What should I do if I am unable to walk long distances?

If you are unable to walk long distances, it is important to communicate your needs to the conference organizers. They may be able to provide alternative options or make accommodations for you during the event.

5. Will I be able to participate in all conference activities if I have difficulty walking?

While you may not be able to participate in all activities, there are often options available for individuals with walking difficulties. This can include virtual attendance, accessible sessions, and alternative activities. It is best to check with the conference organizers for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gilliandanielle
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
gilliandanielle
  • pamperedalf
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies