• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Shoe Advice: Choosing the Perfect Pair for a Conference Outfit

In summary, Jeanine is indecisive about what shoes to wear with her Coldwater Creek dress. She ends up choosing the Paprika shoes, but is worried about how they will look with the dress. She then decides to go with the shoes and order them later. Becky, who is also wearing a Coldwater Creek dress, chooses the turquoise shoes. Jeanine and Becky both agree that the dress is cute and that the shoes add a pop of color.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I'm pretty good at decision making...but when it comes to clothes & accessories, I'm a mess. :eek:So I have this dress I'm wearing when I walk across stage at conference:Coldwater CreekWhich shoes should I choose to wear with it? The brown:Coldwater CreekOR the Paprika: Coldwater CreekI'm leaning towards the Paprika, but wonder if that's too much of the same color with the dress....:confused::confused::confused:Okay - so I just realized you have to click on the different shoe colors to see them. I AM NOT contemplating the blue!

I'd go with the brown and then have a nice funky brown necklace with it. JMHO. :)

I like either--choose the ones you have more clothes you'd wear them with after. Nice deal on the dress, by the way!

brown, you will get more wear out of them in long run. I am not a big fan of the matchy matchy look.

My vote is also for the brown. You'll be able to wear it with more things later, and I also think it's better to go with a neutral shoe instead of the matching color thing. ;)

Umm, well, shoot. I waited to long. I just went to order them in brown, and they don't have my size anymore.

Do you think the paprika is okay if I can't get the brown, or is it really bad? They are such a great price....

If it has to be one of those two choices, I'd say the brown. However, I think it will tone down the fun color of the dress.

Personally, I'd suggest yellow shoes.

cute! Get the paprika since that's all thats left then jazz up the dress with some funky jewelry or a scarf. I almost ordered the shoes too - trying to decide how badly I "need" them! lol

It's a really cute shoe. :) If you don't feel like looking around for another cute brown shoe, then I'd just go for it. ;)

At that price, go with the paprika! You'll be too cute. It's not green :D but it is one of my other favorite colors.

I love this dress, when I saw it on the outlet I was sorry that they only had my size in the blue.

LOVE the dress! Shoes too! Since you can't get the brown, go for the paprika!

chefjeanine said:
At that price, go with the paprika! You'll be too cute. It's not green :D but it is one of my other favorite colors.

I love this dress, when I saw it on the outlet I was sorry that they only had my size in the blue.

Jeanine - TOO Funny! We have the same taste in clothes/colors all the way!

I just ordered the Paprika shoes.
I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow morning...won't be back til the end of the month, and then am sooo busy until the time for conference. I want to have the peace of mind that at least the basic stuff (dress and shoes) is taken care of. Maybe I'll find a really cute necklace to wear with it while I'm on vacation!

I actually like the turquoise shoes best with the dress. Then you can accessorize with some chunky turquoise jewelry.

Love the dress, wish I could be there to see you shine in it!

I don't see why you wouldn't get as much use out of the paprika shoes afterward as you would the brown ones. They're a great way to interject a bit of color into a basic jeans & t-shirt outfit.

NooraK said:
Love the dress, wish I could be there to see you shine in it!

I don't see why you wouldn't get as much use out of the paprika shoes afterward as you would the brown ones. They're a great way to interject a bit of color into a basic jeans & t-shirt outfit.

Thanks, Noora! I'd say I wish you could be there too, but you'll be home doing something so much more important! I had to miss Conference one year, because it fell on my due date. I ended up having him a month early.....:)

And I think I'll get a lot of use out of them too. I love orange, and know that I have plenty of outfits that can use that extra pop of color!

Becky, you'll look beautiful. I can't wait to cheer for you.

Becky, I'm glad you got the paprika because you are walking as a DIRECTOR!! Isn't that all about red?! And as Noora said, they can inject color into other outfits in the future. I'm not a real "matchy" girl myself, but for this occasion, Ii think it is fun! and as I say, you will get tons of use from the shoes and from this very graceful dress. And OMG the price is right! I love Coldwater Creek!You will be a knock-out in this!Marghi

Linda those shoes would be great for you too! They fit your personality! Fun, and light and well, they just suit you. And Becky, paprika will be great. The neat part is that they will also look great with a black jean or legging type pant and the pizazz you can add to that outfit using accessories will be countless. Gold, black, yellow, blues, browns, a burnt red even will go with the outfit. Even some jewelery with tiger eye would look great. But not for summer, fall! Teal or Turquoise would create a great summer look! You could even use a chunky belt in any of those colors too! Dang, to much project runway!

1. How do I choose the perfect pair of shoes for a conference outfit?

When choosing shoes for a conference outfit, it's important to consider both style and comfort. Look for shoes that complement your outfit and fit the dress code of the conference. For comfort, opt for shoes with a low to medium heel and good arch support. Avoid shoes that are too high or uncomfortable to walk in for long periods of time.

2. Can I wear open-toed shoes to a conference?

It depends on the dress code of the conference and the formality of your outfit. Generally, it's best to avoid open-toed shoes for a professional conference. However, if the dress code is more casual, you may be able to wear open-toed shoes as long as they are still appropriate and polished.

3. Are flats acceptable for a conference outfit?

Yes, flats can be a comfortable and stylish choice for a conference outfit. Look for flats with a polished and professional look, such as pointed-toe or loafers. Avoid casual flats like flip-flops or sneakers.

4. What color shoes should I wear with a navy or black conference outfit?

For a navy outfit, you can opt for black, navy, or nude shoes. Black shoes are a safe and classic choice, while navy or nude can add some contrast to the outfit. For a black outfit, you can also choose black or nude shoes, but avoid navy as it may clash with the black.

5. Can I wear statement shoes to a conference?

It's best to avoid wearing statement shoes to a professional conference. Instead, opt for classic and understated shoes that complement your outfit. Save your statement shoes for a more casual event or a night out.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Becky0216
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
merego
  • pampchefsarah
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
Replies