• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with Uncle's Kitchen Mishaps: What to Do?

In summary, the aunt is having problems with her uncle following care instructions for her new PC. He has replaced her ice cream scoop once and put it in the dishwasher multiple times, and he has also been cleaning the stone with soap. The letter by a microbiologist says that soap is not necessary and that a dap of soap is enough. The aunt is going to give her uncle a manual on how to clean the stone properly.
ahammons
I have an aunt who loves PC, but my uncle seems to have problems following the care instructions. :rolleyes: She's had to replace her ice cream scoop once already b/c he put in the dishwasher...just last week, my cousin put her new one in there too! Later that day, she walked into the kitchen to find my uncle scrubbing her stoneware with tons and tons of soap!!! :eek: She was telling me this at our Christmas dinner, so I tried explaining to him that it doesn't need soap - he insists that there's no other way to get it clean! lol I told her that she'll just have to ban him from the kitchen.

Anyone know someone like this? How do you handle them?? lol

Once in twice in the dishwasher for the scoop won't kill it...now 10 times will! It just doesn't look shiny and new. So forgive him once and slap his hand and keep him away.Stones...well, that's a whole different battle. You'll have to give him a manual to read about seasoning, non-stick surfaces and nylon scrapers. Luckily our stones aren't very porous so he may not have killed them yet. :)

There's a letter in the files by a microbiologist, about why soap isn't necessary. That's a good handout to give to your uncle.

janetupnorth said:
Once in twice in the dishwasher for the scoop won't kill it...now 10 times will! It just doesn't look shiny and new. So forgive him once and slap his hand and keep him away.

Stones...well, that's a whole different battle. You'll have to give him a manual to read about seasoning, non-stick surfaces and nylon scrapers. Luckily our stones aren't very porous so he may not have killed them yet. :)
Apparently he put the first one in there a lot - and never told her about it! lol It was pretty much shot. I'm hoping that this was the first time the new one has been in there. :)

chefann said:
There's a letter in the files by a microbiologist, about why soap isn't necessary. That's a good handout to give to your uncle.
Thanks Ann, I'll have to look for it.

I actually had a host a couple of months ago who said she always uses a dap of soap on stoneware b/c she's such a clean freak. I don't think she ever believed that it wasn't necessary. :rolleyes: Maybe she needs a copy too! lol

1. What should I do if my uncle accidentally burns something in the oven?

If your uncle accidentally burns something in the oven, the first thing to do is turn off the oven and remove the burnt food. Let the oven cool down before cleaning it. You can use baking soda and water to make a paste and scrub the burnt area. If the smell persists, you can place a bowl of white vinegar in the oven for a few hours to absorb the odor.

2. My uncle spilled a pot of soup on the stovetop, what's the best way to clean it up?

If your uncle spills a pot of soup on the stovetop, immediately turn off the heat and carefully remove the pot. Let the stovetop cool down before cleaning. Use a mixture of dish soap and warm water to clean the spill. For tougher stains, you can use a mixture of baking soda and water to make a paste and scrub the area.

3. What if my uncle accidentally cuts himself while cooking?

If your uncle accidentally cuts himself while cooking, apply pressure to the wound with a clean cloth to stop the bleeding. Clean the cut with soap and water, and then cover it with a bandage. If the cut is deep or won't stop bleeding, seek medical attention.

4. How can I prevent my uncle from spilling ingredients all over the kitchen?

The best way to prevent spills in the kitchen is to keep a clear and organized workspace. Encourage your uncle to use measuring cups and spoons to prevent overpouring. Also, remind him to pay attention while pouring or transferring liquids to avoid spills. Keeping a towel or paper towels handy can also help quickly clean up any spills.

5. My uncle always forgets to turn off the stove, what can I do to help?

To avoid your uncle forgetting to turn off the stove, try setting a timer for the cooking time. This will remind him to check on the food and turn off the stove when it's done. You can also place a brightly colored sticker or note near the stove as a visual reminder to turn it off. If the problem persists, you may want to consider investing in a stove with an automatic shut-off feature.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen2u
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Crystal Patton
  • jasonmva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies