• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Removing Black Residue from Ice Cream Scoop: Tips and Tricks

In summary, LisaLisa said that the black stuff on her ice cream scoop is probably from the dishwasher and that she has had customers say it was dishwasher safe but still ruined their scoop. She also said that she thinks she is sick and that she had a great show yesterday.
ahammons
I know I've seen it on another thread, but can't seem to find it right now. I just got this e-mail from my aunt: :p

I have a problem. your uncle put my ice cream scoop in the dishwasher. I now have black stuff all over me and the ice cream......YUCK~!!!!! Is there anything I can do? Or just order another one and threaten his life...lol?

Could someone please tell me how to get the black stuff off? Thanks in advance!!

Bar Keeper's Friend or silver polish.

You can remove the black stuff, but it might not work anymore. I don't think its dishwasher safe. I know someone who ruined theirs.

It is definitely not dishwasher safe. I have had a few people say it was sent through the dishwasher and still worked, but the majority said it did not work.

After she cleans it, ask her to do this test: hold on the dipper for a few moments and then place an ice cube in it. If it melts quickly she is okay. If it does not melt quickly, she will need to purchase a new one.

Lisa

Lisa: That is GREAT advice! I will be sure to tell my customers about the ice cube thing from now on!

I have had 2 and neither one have worked once they got accidentally put through the dishwasher. It specifically says do not put it in the dishwasher on the product card.

According to PC a while back they had said although the dipper is not dishwasher safe it will remove the coating but will not otherwise harm it and you can still use it safely. However, try the ice cube thing too. I always knew about it but never thought to tell anyone that to test theirs.

Before I joined PC... I had run mine through the dishwasher EVERY night... it still works fine but of course did lose it's finish. However... I purchased a new one for my kit and have NOT run that one in the DW since the UACC says not to ... I'm also TRYING not to have anyone throw them in the sink of soapy water to soak but that isn't always happening. Amazing how everyone has different experiences with the same product huh?

PC needs to put in big bold red writing on the handle: "HAND WASH ONLY"

(I've sent requests to HO, too)...

dianevill said:
PC needs to put in big bold red writing on the handle: "HAND WASH ONLY"

(I've sent requests to HO, too)...

GOOD IDEA! Maybe we can all write it as a suggestion at Leadership or Conference. There's power in numbers! ;)

Actually, the stuff can leach out with repeated DW use and ruin your flatware!!!

Does anyone know what is in the scooper that helps it melt the ice cream?
I always get asked that and I don't have an answer. I always just joke its "the bended spoon saver juice" I don't think I can keep that up much longer

My husband did the same thing. I pretty much threatened his life! For his safety he used an SOS pad and scrubbed it really hard! It was good as new when he was done and still works!

Mine got black from me soaking it in water. I read on the card and it said do not soak or dishwash. So, anyways, I called the HO to ask them what the black stuff was and they said it was leaking. So, I ordered a new one. I would use it if I were you if it was leaking. Doesn't seem too healthy.

Probably not, since that's there to keep things cold, not melt them.

chefann said:

I think I am tired....you guys are cracking me up tonight!

Duh!!!!
chefann said:

LOL I'm sorry I'm sick today.... I guess I'm not thinking straight.

If I got sick while out yesterday though it was totally worth it. I had my highest show ever!!!! $1824 25 orders, a little over 25 guests, made two chicken rings a total of 4 hours. This is a first for me!!! Usually I sell a lot less, get asked if they have to pay now or can they pay 1/2 etc. Here no problems, EVERYONE paid!! Whoohooo!!! That's it... I'm still delirious from yesterday...

Mine are dark - each has "accidentally" been in the dishwasher a few times during hubby training time. (I have 3 - kept trying to replace the dull one for a new one).

Anyway, once or twice through the dishwasher will not hurt them.

After repeated trips through the heating of the liquid will eventually solidify it and it will sound like pellets in the handle rather than slushing...

If yours still "slushes" rather than rattles, it should still work.

Addie4TLC said:
LOL I'm sorry I'm sick today.... I guess I'm not thinking straight.

If I got sick while out yesterday though it was totally worth it. I had my highest show ever!!!! $1824 25 orders, a little over 25 guests, made two chicken rings a total of 4 hours. This is a first for me!!! Usually I sell a lot less, get asked if they have to pay now or can they pay 1/2 etc. Here no problems, EVERYONE paid!! Whoohooo!!! That's it... I'm still delirious from yesterday...

Wow! ...and let me say WOW! again!

Way to go, Addie! whoot!

chefann said:
Way to go, Addie! whoot!
Thank you... I laughed inside when she told me the number of guests she was having. I thought "Yeah, it will about 6 people then... " :rolleyes: To my surprise she lives in what I would consider a mansion! She was telling me that her husband just retired from a professional football team, but I forgot which one. Her last name is McCutcheon. (??) Her guests where a consultant's dream, they laughed at my jokes and were positive about everything. I only got one booking though. :cry: I have a feeling most just bought out of impulse, they were all mostly just out of College, but she also had her aunts, mom and even grandma.

janetupnorth said:
Wow! ...and let me say WOW! again!

YUP, I have 25 ORDERS!!! The largest amount in the history of my business!!! I had run out of catalogs... Well I had enough for the SIX I was expecting and maybe 4 more. So I had to hand out the new catalog. $200 of that order was new season stuff I I'm going to split her order. Put her mom as a future host (she was the HO refferal) so they can both get the cookware. POINTS POINTS. I was really struggling this month with two shows that haven't closed, so this was a life saver.

What is the best way to clean the ice cream scoop?

The best way to clean the ice cream scoop is to rinse it with hot water immediately after use. If there is stubborn residue, soak the scoop in warm, soapy water for a few minutes before rinsing and drying it thoroughly.

Can the ice cream scoop be used for scooping other foods?

Yes, the ice cream scoop can be used for scooping other soft foods such as cookie dough, mashed potatoes, or even fruit salads. Just be sure to clean it thoroughly between uses.

What is the difference between a metal and a plastic ice cream scoop?

The main difference between a metal and a plastic ice cream scoop is the material. Metal scoops are more durable and can handle harder ice cream, while plastic scoops are lighter and more budget-friendly.

Can the ice cream scoop be put in the dishwasher?

Yes, most ice cream scoops are dishwasher safe. However, it is always best to check the product's care instructions before putting it in the dishwasher to avoid any potential damage.

How do I prevent the ice cream from sticking to the scoop?

To prevent the ice cream from sticking to the scoop, dip the scoop in warm water before each use. This will help the ice cream slide off more easily. You can also try spraying the scoop with cooking spray or rubbing it with a small amount of vegetable oil.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJoyJ
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
  • ksartain
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefNic
  • babywings76