• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Getting the Black Stuff off the Ice Cream Dipper

In summary, the best way to remove black residue from an ice cream dipper is to soak it in warm water with dish soap and use a scrub brush or sponge to gently scrub. It is recommended to avoid using harsh chemicals and clean the dipper after each use to prevent build-up. The black residue is caused by oils and fats from the ice cream, and a specific technique of soaking and gentle scrubbing is suggested for cleaning.
babywings76
Gold Member
I've read the use and care instructions and know that it's best to wash and dry it right away so that the water doesn't puddle in it. Of course there have been times when we served ice cream and set it down on the counter or on the side of the sink so I could wash it later, so now my dipper has black stuff on it. And it flipped over once after it was washed and left to dry on the towel when I was in a hurry. Is there a way to remove it?

Mine has had the black marks on it for years now, and it hasn't come off. Mine though is from letting it sit in a stainless steel sink (there was no water in it). I now just wash it as soon as I use it. I

it will not come off because the metal has "changed" there. It's from having it sit dirty or in water.

I have two dippers. One is shiny and pretty (wash/dry immediately after use...just run it under straight hot water and dry) and the other is nasty dark grey from letting sit in water and running through the DW <gasp!> a couple of times before I knew any better!

There is nothing that I have heard of that will change it back to the correct color once it's discolored, sorry.

Try Barkeeper's Friend. It won't be shiny new but it definitely takes the grey stuff off.

PampChefJoy said:
Try Barkeeper's Friend. It won't be shiny new but it definitely takes the grey stuff off.

Or our stainless cleaner.

BethCooks4U said:
Or our stainless cleaner.

I was wondering about that. I'll try it. I just want to bring it to a show, and am embarrassed. :blushing:

Hi there! Thank you for reaching out about removing the black stuff from your ice cream dipper. I completely understand the frustration of accidentally leaving it out and finding the residue later. One trick I have found helpful is using a mixture of equal parts baking soda and water to create a paste. Gently rub the paste onto the black residue and let it sit for a few minutes before wiping it off with a damp cloth. This should help remove the residue without damaging the dipper. I hope this tip helps and happy scooping!

1. How do I remove stubborn black residue from my ice cream dipper?

The best way to remove the black residue from your ice cream dipper is to soak it in warm water with a few drops of dish soap. Then, use a scrub brush or sponge to gently scrub away the residue. Rinse the dipper thoroughly and dry it before use.

2. Can I use any type of cleaning product to remove the black residue?

We recommend using a mild dish soap and warm water to clean your ice cream dipper. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners, as they may damage the dipper's surface.

3. How often should I clean my ice cream dipper to prevent black residue?

It is recommended to clean your ice cream dipper after each use to prevent the build-up of black residue. If you notice the residue is difficult to remove, you may need to clean the dipper more frequently.

4. What causes the black residue on my ice cream dipper?

The black residue on your ice cream dipper is most likely caused by the oils and fats from the ice cream. Over time, these oils can build up and create a black film on the dipper's surface.

5. Is there a specific technique to use when cleaning the ice cream dipper?

To ensure the best results, soak the ice cream dipper in warm water with dish soap for a few minutes before scrubbing. Use gentle, circular motions with a scrub brush or sponge to remove the residue. Rinse and dry the dipper thoroughly before using it again.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • chefbritt
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
gilliandanielle