• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ice Cream Dipper Warranty Question: User Error or Returnable?

In summary, the metal on the Ice Cream Dipper may start to peel and turn black if it is left in hot soapy water for a day or two, but it is not affected if it is hand washed. If the Ice Cream Dipper is replaced under the warranty, it may be due to a defect in the product.
chefbritt
I have a question about the Ice Cream Dipper. I just bought mine maybe two months ago. I forgot about it and left it in the dishpan in soapy water for a day or two. (I just started a new job, and it's been crazy, so dishes were the farthest thing from my mind) Anyways, the metal all started to peel and turn blackish, just like the ones I've seen that have gone through the dishwasher. So can I return it under the warranty, or is it user error? I mean I didn't run it through the dishwasher, but I know it was my fault for leaving it in the sink. Opinions anyone?

I would call them. Leaving it in hot soapy water will do that but they should relplace it anyway.

Call them to get it replaced.

What I do with mine so it doesn't get left and forgotten is this: once I am done using it, I run it under straight hot water and dry it right away and put it away. That way it doesn't sit in water or accidentally get put into the dishwasher by someone who doesn't know any better.

:)

I'd get it replaced too.

My mother seems to always put my ice cream dipper in the dishwasher 5 or 7 times, and it is not discolored or affected. Not that I recommend doing that, but it sounds like maybe yours had a weird defect or something.

I have had mine for 12 years and have always put it in the dishwasher. It is is still great.

I have guests who tell me this all the time. My standard response is that each dishwasher is different, so that may be why yours hasn't ruined it. However, you're in danger of voiding your warranty if you put it in the dishwasher, since the paperwork clearly says to hand wash.

What is an Ice Cream Dipper?

An Ice Cream Dipper is a specialized kitchen tool designed to scoop and serve ice cream. It has a sharp, oval-shaped head that cuts through frozen desserts with ease, and a comfortable handle for easy gripping.

How do I use an Ice Cream Dipper?

To use an Ice Cream Dipper, simply insert the head into your ice cream container and twist it to create a perfectly round scoop. Then, lift and release the scoop onto a cone or bowl. Repeat as needed for multiple servings.

Can I use an Ice Cream Dipper for other frozen treats?

While an Ice Cream Dipper is primarily designed for scooping ice cream, it can also be used for other frozen desserts such as gelato, sorbet, and frozen yogurt.

Is an Ice Cream Dipper dishwasher safe?

Yes, our Ice Cream Dipper is made from high-quality stainless steel and is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, we recommend hand washing for best results and to prolong the life of the tool.

Do you offer any warranty for the Ice Cream Dipper?

Yes, we offer a lifetime warranty for our Ice Cream Dipper. If you encounter any issues with the product, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• avelissar
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • thehaleykitchen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
thehaleykitchen
  • myinnerchef