• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Returning a Faulty Ice Cream Scoop: Is It Worth the Hassle?

I'm just going to return it."I think she just confused the muffin pan with the stone. I would have told her the same thing. I don't think HO would have replaced it even if she brought in the receipt because it was over the warranty. I would have told her to try and send it in and see if they would do it.
PamperedK
Silver Member
I had a guest purchase an ice cream scoop JAN23rd. She brought it to work on Friday and told me it doesnt' work. It doesn't look like a new scoop, so I'm thinking she had an old one she put in the dishwasher and now she wants to return it as though it were the one she bought a month ago.

If I do an adjustment, will HO ask me about this? I can't exactly accuse my guest of lying or anything...so do I just send it in?

I agree with your thoughts. Sounds fishy to me. However, it's not up to us to decide thank goodness - leave it to HO. I'd do the adjustment, have them send her a new one, and she can return the old one to them. Then if they have a problem they can take care of it with her.

kcjodih said:
I agree with your thoughts. Sounds fishy to me. However, it's not up to us to decide thank goodness - leave it to HO. I'd do the adjustment, have them send her a new one, and she can return the old one to them. Then if they have a problem they can take care of it with her.

Since I have the scoop, will they pick it up from me and deliver the new one to me? She ordered with a friend so her name doesn't show up on the invoice. i was just going to have HO ship it to my house and I could give it to her at work.

You will be able to put in the address that you want it shipped to. You will know right away if they want it sent back or not. HTH.

Kim

I had the same thing happen with scrapers. A customer's friend handed me 2 scrapers that looked like they were 15 years old, left in a blender with tomatoes and then set the silicone on a campfire. Her friend claimed she just bought them at the previous show a month earlier and she wanted them replaced because they weren't looking like she thought they should.

I told her consultants were not authorised to take returns. I also let her know that her friend is free to try and send these in but it is impossible for these to be less than a month old. But, I could be wrong and if these really were a month old to have her friend give me a call and I would walk her through the return process.

I never got the call...

Chefgirl2 said:
I had the same thing happen with scrapers. A customer's friend handed me 2 scrapers that looked like they were 15 years old, left in a blender with tomatoes and then set the silicone on a campfire. Her friend claimed she just bought them at the previous show a month earlier and she wanted them replaced because they weren't looking like she thought they should.

I told her consultants were not authorised to take returns. I also let her know that her friend is free to try and send these in but it is impossible for these to be less than a month old. But, I could be wrong and if these really were a month old to have her friend give me a call and I would walk her through the return process.

I never got the call...

I wish I could be that forward.

I think I'm just going to do it for her. I've just started out and she's already a good customer for me, so I don't want to damage our relationship.

Why can't people just keep their receipts?

I always take care of returns for my customers. It is just good customer care. However, if it was purchased at a show with a different consultant, I would have the customer do it herself...I wouldn't have a receipt for that.

I had a wierd one at a show today. There was a guest there who is a former PC consultant (heard her talking to the host about it) and then when I was figuring her order at the end of the show she tells me that she meant to bring me a stone (muffin pan) so I could get it replaced for her. She said, "I've had it for like 7 years and last week it broke in the oven." Okay, maybe its just me but shouldn't a former PC consultant know that HO isn't going to replace a product after seven years when it only has a three year warranty!! And then when I told her they wouldn't go good for it because its way past the warranty she said, "well, I'm not buying a new one. I just won't cook muffins anymore." Are you serious??!! I hate it when people want something for nothing and the fact the she is a former consultant just bugged me more. I guess thats why she's a FORMER consultant!!

Many of the products have markings on the bottom, or back... looks similar to a clock with arrows pointing to numbers... this is the date it was manufactured. The arrow may point to "6" and say "04" next to the arrow, meaning June 2004.

Also, WE are not authorized to take the products for return. The customer is supposed to mail it back to HO... We just take the info, call HO and get the reference number for them.

Chefgirl2 said:

I never got the call...

Scrapers have date stamps on the back of them so you can look and see approximately how old they are.
I had a girl try to return a FC to me at a show, whining about how she bought it 2 months ago and it she never took it out of the box and wants to return it now. I removed it from the box, showed her the date stamp inside of it (1999) and told her there was no way it was purchased 2 months ago. She was ALL flustered. I gave her the 1-888 # and told her to go thru HO.

What's an FC?

food chopper

I can relate to the ice cream scoop. I would never have bought it until it came in my kit. I bought the ice cream sandwich maker at a show (b/4 I became a consultant) but received the scoop in stead. When I got it, the box looked damaged and when I pulled out the scoop, it looked used. Now when I got mine in the kit, it looked brand new. So don't necessarily doubt her, it happened to me.

The scrapers on the other hand, they were scamming.

1. How long is the warranty for the ice cream scoop?

The Pampered Chef ice cream scoop comes with a lifetime warranty, so you can return it at any time if it becomes faulty.

2. What constitutes a faulty ice cream scoop?

A faulty ice cream scoop is one that does not function properly, such as having difficulty scooping or breaking under normal use.

3. What is the process for returning a faulty ice cream scoop?

To return a faulty ice cream scoop, simply contact our customer service team and they will provide instructions on how to return the product. Please have your order number or proof of purchase ready.

4. Will I have to pay for shipping when returning a faulty ice cream scoop?

No, Pampered Chef covers all shipping costs for returns of faulty products.

5. Is it worth the hassle to return a faulty ice cream scoop?

Yes, we take pride in the quality of our products and want to ensure that our customers are satisfied. We apologize for any inconvenience and will do our best to make the return process as smooth as possible.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• alidafrizzell
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pcgogetter
  • ChefMann
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Chef_TK
  • Intrepid_Chef