• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

She Put Her Ice Cream Dipper in the Dishwasher!

In summary, a customer called with a complaint about a blackened Ice Cream Dipper after putting it in the dishwasher. The consultant explained that it was not dishwasher safe and the customer wanted to return it. The consultant usually directs customers to call Home Office for product issues, but the customer wants the consultant to handle it. The consultant asked for advice on how to handle the situation. Another consultant suggested explaining the use and care instructions and giving the customer the Home Office number to call for a replacement. The consultant may also need to assert that it was the customer's misuse that caused the issue.
Bren706
Gold Member
I have a customer that called me yesterday and told me that she used her Ice Cream Dipper once, put it in the dishwasher:eek:, and now it is all black. (well, duh!)

I told her it was not dishwasher safe. She said she would not have purchased it if she had known that. She wanted to return it. Usually when it is a customer's mis-use of the product I give them the HO number and tell them they can call directly. She wants ME to call them and take care of it. :grumpy::rolleyes:

I need some advice on how to handle this (her). I know I could go ahead and put an adjustment in CC, but it was not a product defect, and I prefer not to do that. Any words of wisdom, ie. script?

Last edited:
If it was me - I would just phone HO and THEY will tell you answer that I would just quote back to the customer.

If she isn't happy with how you make out with HO - then recommend AGAIN that she contacts them directly.

Nothing you can do if HO says they will not replace a product do to mis-use, right?

First, how hard is it to rinse it off and put it away? The Ice Cream Dipper isn't something that gets icky enough to need the dishwasher's magical powers. :O) Second, why don't people read the Use & Care Guide that comes with every product? (Rhetorical question, I know.) It's ususally only a quick few sentences and covers things like how to wash.

As for your customer, I would explain that we have wonderful customer service through HO and that is how you handle all of your returns. Give her the show number and have her call HO herself. They may or may not even ask her what the problem is (if it was ordered in the past 30 days), but I don't know. Since you've already talked to her once, this may be harder to do. But if you approach it as "this is what I tell everyone," maybe she will accept it better.

It seems like she wants you to take care of it since she made the mistake. I think it's taking advantage of PC to order a free replacement product when it was caused by the customer's misuse. If everyone did this, PC would be out of business, and we certainly don't want that!! If she keeps pressing you to do it, just tell her you don't feel comfortable asking for a replacement when the damage was her fault, and that the product came with clear instructions. Tell her you are sorry, but you don't want to put your job in jeopardy by being dishonest. Whatever happens, I'm sending good thoughts your way and the strength to do what you think is best. After all, this is your business and not hers.

Most likely I'd say, "I'm so sorry. That's why I always encourage people to read the use and care instructions included with the product. By putting it in the dishwasher, you've probably voided the warranty. However, here's the number for the Home Office, ###-###-####. You'll want to have your receipt handy when you call."

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the Ice Cream Dipper. As stated in the product information, it is not dishwasher safe and should be hand washed only. I understand your frustration, but unfortunately, this is not a product defect and cannot be returned. However, I would be happy to provide you with the HO number so you can speak directly with them about the issue. They will be able to provide you with further instructions on how to properly care for the product. Thank you for your understanding.

1. What is the story behind "She Put Her Ice Cream Dipper in the Dishwasher!"?

The story is about a woman who accidentally puts her ice cream dipper in the dishwasher, causing a humorous chain of events.

2. Why did the woman put her ice cream dipper in the dishwasher?

The woman was distracted and mistook the dishwasher for the sink where she usually washes her dishes.

3. What happened after she put her ice cream dipper in the dishwasher?

As a result, the dishwasher overflowed with soap bubbles and the woman had to frantically clean up the mess while her family laughed at her mistake.

4. Is "She Put Her Ice Cream Dipper in the Dishwasher!" based on a true story?

No, it is a fictional story meant to entertain and amuse readers.

5. What is the lesson or moral behind "She Put Her Ice Cream Dipper in the Dishwasher!"?

The story serves as a reminder to pay attention and not rush through tasks, as mistakes can happen when we are not fully present in the moment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ms_twana
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ms_twana
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
khergatt
  • peichef