• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ice Cream Dipper in the Dishwasher!

probably- it can still be used as an ice cream scoop but now it's going to be a dark gray and ugly and because the dishwasher uses such a high temperature it's not going to be heat sensative anymore and warm to her touch. So it won't do what she initially bought it for. Now it's just a regular ice cream scoop that has no special features. And since it was user error it's not under warranty to be replaced. Make sure when you talk to her she knows they were discontinued due to the manufacturer not being able to keep up with the demand and still maintain the quality.
thehaleykitchen
Gold Member
Hello - I just had a lady contact me this morning about her ice cream dipper! :eek:

Her kids put it in the dishwasher and now she says that it looks really bad - she wondering if it is totally ruined or not. Never having put mine in the dishwasher - I don't know what to say to her. Yes, I will tell her that they had to discontinue them last week due to product issues, but is her's ruined?

Thanks,
Karen

Probably..............it can still be used as an ice cream scoop but now it's going to be a dark gray and ugly and because the dishwasher uses such a high temperature it's not going to be heat sensative anymore and warm to her touch. So it won't do what she initially bought it for. Now it's just a regular ice cream scoop that has no special features. And since it was user error it's not under warranty to be replaced. Make sure when you talk to her she knows they were discontinued due to the manufacturer not being able to keep up with the demand and still maintain the quality.

Usually what happens is that the dishwasher has such high heat, it breaks the seal and the anti-freeze like substance will leak out. It will also be a dark grey now. She can still use it, but since the liquid is most likely gone, it won't be as nice to scoop ice cream anymore.

heres a solution..mine has "accidently" gone in the dishwasher more times than I'd like to count...with 5 kids in the house,,,,over the years its happened. Seal has never broken..if she can still hear the liquid in there it will still work..have her go buy BAR KEEPERS FRIEND..its in the cleaning section next to the comet..have her wet down the scoop and sprinkle the BKF on it..let it set a minute or two and then take an old dish cloth and scrub it down...it will look like new!!! the dark surface on the scoop is just that....only surface..it should shine up pretty well..have done this with mine many times..it's only cost around $1.00
hope this works

kreaser said:
heres a solution..mine has "accidently" gone in the dishwasher more times than I'd like to count...with 5 kids in the house,,,,over the years its happened. Seal has never broken..if she can still hear the liquid in there it will still work..have her go buy BAR KEEPERS FRIEND..its in the cleaning section next to the comet..have her wet down the scoop and sprinkle the BKF on it..let it set a minute or two and then take an old dish cloth and scrub it down...it will look like new!!! the dark surface on the scoop is just that....only surface..it should shine up pretty well..have done this with mine many times..it's only cost around $1.00
hope this works

I'm definitely going to try this... my kids have put mine in the d/w more than once too. :mad:

Thanks so much ladies! Emailed her back with the info you guys gave me :)Karen

What is an Ice Cream Dipper?

An Ice Cream Dipper is a kitchen tool designed specifically for scooping ice cream. It has a rounded, deep bowl and a comfortable handle for easy use.

Can I put my Ice Cream Dipper in the dishwasher?

Yes, our Ice Cream Dipper is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing for longer lasting use.

Does the Ice Cream Dipper come in different sizes?

No, our Ice Cream Dipper is one size fits all. It can scoop approximately 1/4 cup of ice cream.

Is the Ice Cream Dipper made of durable material?

Yes, our Ice Cream Dipper is made of high-quality stainless steel that is built to last. It is also heat-resistant and rust-resistant.

Can the Ice Cream Dipper be used for other foods besides ice cream?

While the Ice Cream Dipper is primarily designed for scooping ice cream, it can also be used for other soft foods like mashed potatoes or cookie dough.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • myinnerchef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies