• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Please Pray for My Brother - Update on Aunt

In summary, Gary has discovered a large, hard mass on his left side and will be undergoing a MRI and seeing a surgeon on Tuesday. His family is also dealing with his Aunt's declining health and difficult behavior, possibly due to medication interactions. Others in the family have had similar experiences with medication issues. Gary's loved ones are asking for prayers during this difficult time.
Kitchen2u
Gary found a rather large mass on his left side. He/Dr has no idea what it is. It's the size of his hand and hard. He goes on Tuesday for a MRI and see the surgeon. When I was talking to him about it yesterday, I never have seen my brother so scared. :(

My Aunt in Los Angeles is still handing in there, but she's declining. She was kicked out of the last nursing facility. Her outbreaks were more than they could handle. She was accusing staff of stealling from her....they weren't. My Uncle is still being a jerk. He hasn't ask the Dr. to check the medication combinations...which we are wondering if this is the problem. This is NO WAY like my Aunt at all. She's the sweetest, mild personality of all the the sisters. So it's hard for my Mom to see her like this.

Seems like my family just can't get rid of the dark cloud over us...one day we will...

Last edited:
I'll keep you and yours in my prayers. Remember all clouds have silver linings...even the dark ones! Hang in there

I will be praying for all concerned.

Prayers coming for you and your family Ginny!

You poor thing--so many concerns at once. Your beloved family members will be in my prayers, as will you.

Sorry to hear that. My grandma acted that way after she had a series of mini strokes. They weren't enough to be detected by any test, but the affects afterwards made the Dr.'s believe that is what it was. She got really bad in the hospital. She didn't reconize anyone, and kept asking the strange man in the room where her husband was. Of course the strange man was her husband. She reverted back to her early 20's and didnt reconize him because of his age. At that time she also did not have any kids so she didn't reconize them either. The good news is she recovered, but while it was going on, it was hard. She had a black nurse who she thought was a slave that was retailiating and beating her. We knew it wasn't true, but in the nurses best interest, we had to request a new nurse.

My grandpa also went through an episode like that and it turned out he was taking some of my grandmas medication and it was reacting with one of his. My family now has to keep all of their pills and take them over daily when it's time for them to have them. They take turns rotating the days out so someone always is there when it's pill time. They tried just taking the bottles and leaving them a weeks worth, but my grandpa was convinced that pill was his and he was rearranging the pills from her box to his.

Thanks everyone...

I saw Gary today...OMG! the mass is HUGE! It's about the size of a SOFTball (not baseball)! I'm REALLY concerned now. I saw the "fear" in Gary's face when he was showing and having me feel the mass. It took EVERYTHING I had not to break down in tears right there.

I had a couple of our church members check it out...husband/wife, doctor/nurse! Later I was talking to Jan and I asked her..."What do you think?" She told me..."it's something to worry about." Mike thought the same.

Please keep the prayers coming...he's going to see the surgeon on Tuesday. Keep my fingers, toes and eyes crossed.

Thanks everyone...

I saw Gary today...OMG! the mass is HUGE! It's about the size of a SOFTball (not baseball)! I'm REALLY concerned now. I saw the "fear" in Gary's face when he was showing and having me feel the mass. It took EVERYTHING I had not to break down in tears right there.

I had a couple of our church members check it out...husband/wife, doctor/nurse! Later I was talking to Jan and I asked her..."What do you think?" She told me..."it's something to worry about." Mike thought the same.

Please keep the prayers coming...he's going to see the surgeon on Tuesday. Keep my fingers, toes and eyes crossed.

Prayers for your family - ALL of them.

1. Can you give us an update on your brother's condition?

Thank you for your concern. Unfortunately, there has not been much change in my brother's condition. He is still in the hospital receiving treatment and we continue to pray for his recovery.

2. How is your aunt doing?

My aunt is doing much better now. She has recovered from her surgery and is back at home. We are grateful for all the prayers and well wishes that helped her through her recovery.

3. What can we do to support you and your family during this difficult time?

Thank you for asking. Your thoughts and prayers mean a lot to us. If you would like to support us in a tangible way, we would appreciate any donations to help cover the medical expenses for my brother's treatment.

4. Have you seen any improvements in your brother's health?

Unfortunately, there have been no significant improvements in my brother's health. However, we remain hopeful and continue to pray for his healing.

5. Is there anything specific we can pray for regarding your brother and aunt?

Thank you for asking. We would appreciate prayers for my brother's strength and for the doctors to have wisdom in treating him. For my aunt, prayers for a full and speedy recovery would be greatly appreciated.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• christinaspc
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
christinaspc
  • AnnieBee
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
peichef
Replies