• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayers for Healing and Strength: My Granna, Mom, and Aunt

In summary, my grandmother, Beulah Root, is 97 years young and still living on her own. Today, she started bleeding heavily from her rectum, after not feeling well for several days. They have admitted her to the hospital (in Flagstaff, AZ), and are running a lot of tests. An x-ray didn't show an obvious obstruction or tumor, so they have scheduled a CAT scan for 8 pm (MST). Her blood pressure was REALLY high when they took her in, but seems to be coming down on it's own. She needs prayers specifically for lowered blood pressure and quick test results.
nikked
Gold Member
My grandmother, Beulah Root, is 97 years young and still living on her own. Today, she started bleeding heavily from her rectum, after not feeling well for several days. They have admitted her to the hospital (in Flagstaff, AZ), and are running a lot of tests. An x-ray didn't show an obvious obstruction or tumor, so they have scheduled a CAT scan for 8 pm (MST). Her blood pressure was REALLY high when they took her in, but seems to be coming down on it's own.

She needs prayers specifically for:
  • Healing
  • Lowered blood pressure (but not TOO low, which is what my family normally suffers from)
  • Quick test results
  • Comfort...she was EXTREMELY embarrassed (Granna's exact word was "humiliated") when the paramedics had to come in. She didn't have on any bottoms, and there was a lot of blood in her home.

My mom, who has lupus and a variant of MS, among other things, has been battling a lupus attack, trying to keep herself out of the hospital, and has been taking care of a close family friend who just had knee replacement surgery. My Aunt just had major surgery on her shoulder, and due to cancer in her leg (about 20 years ago), has almost no muscle in one of her thighs, and a much shorter leg as well. She was due to be discharged from the rehab facility in a couple of days into the care of my 97 year young grandmother, who now is in the hospital. My family does a lot of what I call "the gimpy leading the gimpy"!

So, they need prayer for:
  • My mom, a quick rebound from the lupus and a release from the stress she is feeling
  • My aunt, renewed balance and quick healing from the surgery

Of course, please pray as God leads you as well. These are just the specifics on my heart at this moment.

I doubt we'll have any updates until tomorrow, but I will pass them on as they come.

Thank you for your prayers.

I will definately keep your family in my prayers. keep us updated

Praying for your family.

Update...

So, after the scan, they think it's diverticulosis (sp?). My mom described it like this:
Think of the innertube of a bike tire. If it gets weak in one point, it creats a bubble. If you continue to add air, the bubble gets bigger and bigger, making the material thinner and thinner.

At this point, they do not believe that she has ruptured, which would be very bad. They think the bleeding is just from the stretching of the intestine.

She has a colonoscopy scheduled for first thing this morning, and we'll know more after that.

Right now, they are just keeping her comfortable, and replacing the blood she has lost.

Thanks...

I will be praying for your Grand-Mother and for the family!

Praying for your entire family. Keep us posted & I hope at 97 years young, I'm as active as your Granna. :D

Prayers for you and your family!!!!

I'll be praying.

They did the colonoscopy this afternoon. They found the diverticulosis, but that was not the cause of the bleeding. It turns out that a doctor had given her prescription strength Aleve a couple of weeks ago for a minor foot injury, and it created ulcers in her intestines that were bleeding. The good news is that they were already showing signs of healing (she stopped taking it when the bleeding started). So, she should be released Thursday or Friday (preferably Friday due to issues with my Aunt's recovery).

Thank you all so much for your prayers. They were definitely felt and much appreciated!!!

Nicole Uebel

Glad to hear she is doing better! Grandparents are such a blessing:)

Happy to hear she is better. Continue to pray for her speedy recovery and for your family.

Don't know how I miss this one...prayers for a speedy recovery...glad to hear the results...

That's good news, Nicole. Thanks for the update! :)

THat's great news!! :)

Wonderful news! She'll continue to be in my prayers.

What is "Prayers for My Granna"?

"Prayers for My Granna" is a book filled with thoughtful and heartfelt prayers for grandmothers. It can be used as a gift for a special grandmother or as a personal devotional for those who want to pray for their grandmother.

Who is the book written by?

The book is written by various authors and compiled by Pampered Chef. It includes prayers from grandmothers, grandchildren, and other family members.

Can I personalize the book?

Yes, the book has space for you to write your own prayers or add personal notes to make it a truly unique and meaningful gift for your Granna.

Is it available in different languages?

Currently, "Prayers for My Granna" is only available in English. However, we are constantly expanding our offerings and may have versions in other languages in the future.

Can I purchase the book in bulk for a discount?

Yes, bulk orders of "Prayers for My Granna" are available at a discounted price. Please contact our customer service for more information on bulk orders.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
nikked
  • nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • nikked
  • General Chat
Replies