• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Customer Has Issue With Mandoline

In summary, the customer bought the mandoline last year and shortly before the one-year mark she realized that she didn't like it because it was difficult to slice the food. She decided to exchange it for a new one.
Chefstover2
and I have no idea how to handle it.

She bought the UM last February and i found out just days before the 1-year mark that she had trouble with it. After talking with her she felt it was difficult to slice the food. I suggested that either we replace it since perhaps she'd gotten a lemon OR she could exchange or get refund. I did stress that replacement was only option once the one-year mark was past. So she decided to exchange for a new one.

So today I get this e-mail from her:

"I think I would prefer to get something besides the slicer if possible.
We sent the original back last Friday so they should have it today or this week. What are the specials this month that might work in place of the slicer, I can't even recall the price of it."

OK...so now what???? I want to keep the customer happy...do I buy an equivalent for her and accept the mandoline and then try to re-sell it? I don't even know where to go from here. Suggestions anyone?

I'd call the Solution Center and see if they can help you since it was just past the one year mark.

The Ultimate Mandoline has a 3 yr warranty....not just 1, so if it's a problem with the product, that shouldn't be an issue.
But I'd suggest she call the HO. (Have HER do it...they may be more accomodating with the customer directly. :) )

When I originally spoke with Solution Center about replacing it, I asked about exchanging it for something else and was told that we had 2 days to make that call then it would be replacement only and it didn't seem like they were going to budge.I want to be able to provide good customer service and keep her coming back (she's already ordered another stone from me), but I'm not sure what else I can offer other than "sorry, you're out of luck". I know it's time to get creative, but I haven't been able to come up with anything.

Well, I don't know how far I'd go- it is a pricey item...not like switching out something for $20. I guess my view to some extent is "She's an adult. She took the 1-yr before realizing something was wrong with the first one and then that she didn't like it." As my DH would say "she's 3x7" (over 21)..... if I buy something from a store or company and don't open the box or use it for a year, I don't expect my money back or a return.Maybe you can suggest SHE sell it on Craigslist or ebay....it's basically brand new! Then offer her 20-25% off of something else she might want instead? It's not your fault that she didn't use the product. I understand wanting to provide good customer service and all.

esavvymom said:
Well, I don't know how far I'd go- it is a pricey item...not like switching out something for $20. I guess my view to some extent is "She's an adult. She took the 1-yr before realizing something was wrong with the first one and then that she didn't like it." As my DH would say "she's 3x7" (over 21)..... if I buy something from a store or company and don't open the box or use it for a year, I don't expect my money back or a return.

Maybe you can suggest SHE sell it on Craigslist or ebay....it's basically brand new! Then offer her 20-25% off of something else she might want instead? It's not your fault that she didn't use the product. I understand wanting to provide good customer service and all.

She used it, she just didn't tell me she didn't like it! (shame on her...I'm always adamant about letting me know if they have any questions or problems).

I think I will look into that suggestion or offering her a discount on something else...unless there are any other ideas??

Can a customer exchange a product for something else simply because they don't like it? I now have a customer who bought the mandoline for her mother-in-law (6 months ago) who emailed me to say that her MIL isn't satisfied with it. I haven't responded yet to find out whether it's the product that's not working right, or the customer not using it right, or just a matter of preference.
But I just wanted to make sure this was the way it worked... I know they'll have to pay to ship it back (I'm not sure I would want to cover the cost myself if someone simply doesn't like it...)

cheflorraine said:
Can a customer exchange a product for something else simply because they don't like it? I now have a customer who bought the mandoline for her mother-in-law (6 months ago) who emailed me to say that her MIL isn't satisfied with it. I haven't responded yet to find out whether it's the product that's not working right, or the customer not using it right, or just a matter of preference.
But I just wanted to make sure this was the way it worked... I know they'll have to pay to ship it back (I'm not sure I would want to cover the cost myself if someone simply doesn't like it...)

I always thought they could only replace it b/c they didn't like it within the 30 days. But, I don't really know anything.

The back of the receipt says:

If you need to return a product after 30 days but within one year from the ship
date of the Show, contact our Solution Center. Upon return of product with
original sales receipt (at your expense), we will replace, refund or exchange the
item for any other item available for sale at the time of the original purchase,
provided it has not been discontinued.

Which means they can exchange it for a year, but after 30 days, they ship it back at their own cost.

NooraK said:
The back of the receipt says:

Which means they can exchange it for a year, but after 30 days, they ship it back at their own cost.

Thanks, Noora. Glad to have you around!

1. What should I do if the blades on my mandoline are dull?

If the blades on your mandoline are dull, we recommend contacting our customer service team for assistance. They can provide tips on how to sharpen the blades or help you with a replacement if needed.

2. How do I adjust the thickness of the slices on my mandoline?

To adjust the thickness of the slices on your mandoline, locate the dial or knob on the side of the mandoline. Turning it clockwise will make the slices thinner, while turning it counterclockwise will make them thicker. Make sure to adjust the thickness before using the mandoline.

3. Can I use my mandoline to slice soft fruits and vegetables?

Yes, our mandolines are designed to slice a variety of fruits and vegetables, including softer ones like tomatoes and berries. However, we recommend using a gentle, steady pressure to avoid squishing or damaging the produce.

4. How do I clean my mandoline after use?

After using your mandoline, we recommend disassembling it and washing the parts with warm, soapy water. Be careful when handling the sharp blades and use a brush or sponge to remove any food debris. Dry the parts thoroughly before storing them.

5. What should I do if my mandoline is missing a part?

If your mandoline is missing a part, please contact our customer service team for assistance. They can help you obtain a replacement part or offer a solution to fix the issue.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jmwinfree
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • sklay723