1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: I'm surprised they handled the adj. this way

1. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

For my December show, the customer took her garlic slicer out of the package and liked it . . . but didn't use it.

But the garlic peeler? It looked really cheap.

So she wanted to keep the slicer but return the peeler.

PC made her return the ENTIRE SET and get something else ... even though she wanted to keep the slicer. So she settled on a slicer and a pie gate ...

Even though FedEx came the next day, it took almost three weeks for it to be "received" by H.O. And it took about a month for the entire return to be processed.

I personally don't understand why PC asked for the slicer to be returned. Can they re-sell it?

2. dannyzmom

dannyzmom Legend Member Gold Member

Probably to keep their books & inventory straight since it was purchased as part of a set.

Jan 6, 2010
  3. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

Yes they need to keep everything straight. The same thing happened to my aunt. She got the grinder set but thought she was getting the stand for it too. Since she ordered it at half price we had to return the two grinders to get back two grinders and the stand.

I've been told it can take up to 4-6 weeks for adjustments to be taken care of.

Jan 6, 2010
  4. Chefgirl2

Chefgirl2 Advanced Member Gold Member

I tell my guests to call about a week after the pick up. They will see that it's been returned and start processing the order.

I have told my guest to use the item before returning it. She has 30 days to make an informed decision, rather than thinking it looks cheap so it must be junk. The peeler is anything but cheap. I love mine...and I can't imagine hand peeling my garlic so I can use the slicer. To me, the whole point of both items is to keep my hands scent free.

I hope that helps your future returns made easier...or not at all:)

Jan 6, 2010
  5. cookingwithdot

cookingwithdot Advanced Member Gold Member

To me that is CRAZY! We are doing an adjustment for them - shouldn't customer service be better?

6. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

I guess my concern in the whole thing is the slicer was taken out of the package and was not used. So they probably threw it away. Meanwhile, the peeler was never taken out of the package. So they can re-sell that.

I do hope they took the unused peeler and re-packaged it .. there was nothing wrong with it, and they tell us to wash everything before using it anyway.

As for me, I don't have the peeler either ... I figure I can just get a piece of rubber tubing from a hardware store if I want to peel garlic that badly.

Have something to add?