• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cookware for Power Cooking Shows

In summary, a new consultant does not have any cookware other than the 8" saute pan that came in her kit, and she is not able to offer the power cooking show due to the lack of the right equipment. She recommends either hosting her own show this month, or using the host's cookware for the show. The large microcooker is a good option for those who want to cook multiple things at once.
elizabethfox
Gold Member
I am a fairly new consultant, and I have NO cookware other than the 8" saute pan that came in my kit. I noticed for the power cooking show you need a skillet 10-12". Right now that is just WAY to much for me to spend. I noticed the 10 inch saute pan is a little cheaper...would that work or do you have to have the 10-12" skillets?? I really would like to be able to offer this type of show, but I can't if I don't have the right equipment!

I 'm really new, myself. My director is letting me borrow hers for the shows I need it for - ask yours! The saute pan would not work, I would not think. The skillets have larger cooking surfaces, and hold more volume (for example in the professional cookware the 12" skillet holds 5 qts, the 12" stirfry just 3.5 qts, and a saute would hold even less). Could you maybe host your own Feb show and get a skillet/lid with the 60% items? A little work to pull together a few "individual" orders as a catalog show and you can get both pieces for less than that 10" saute!

See if it is possible to borrow one from your director or clustermates that has one. Another way - is have a show for yourself this month (2 items at 60% off) and get the skillet at 60% off.

Hee hee, jinx Sharisse! Great minds think alike :)

You could also brown 2#s ahead of time, using the host's cookware, then brown the remaining 1# there with the guests, using your small saute pan. It's full, but it will work!

The meat you browned ahead of time can be used to go into the ones you are going to "save" and put into the hosts freezer, since they will be cooled down and won't melt the plastic freezer bags at that point!

Thanks Kelly...that is a great idea, I was having the same dilemma as the original post....I really like the idea of cooking 2 pounds ahead of time

I made the meat this week at home, and the 12" skillet was just the right size. If I had tried to use the 10", there would have been meat and onions all over my stove. :rolleyes:

So even though it's more $ than the 10", I highly recommend getting a 12" skillet. You'll also be able to use it at shows for skillet cakes, so it's definitely NOT a one-trick pony. If you can, put together a consultant as host show this month (as mentioned above) to get it 60% off.

ETA: forgot word "not," oops.

Last edited:
I agree with Ann. Even though I have both the 10" and 12" skillets, I bring the 12" to my power cooking shows.

It's three pounds of hamburger so the 12" skillet gets a work out with that much. I agree that you should try to throw together your own catalog show and get it at 60% off this month. It's a great skillet.

KateD said:
I 'm really new, myself. My director is letting me borrow hers for the shows I need it for - ask yours!

Could you maybe host your own Feb show and get a skillet/lid with the 60% items? A little work to pull together a few "individual" orders as a catalog show and you can get both pieces for less than that 10" saute!

My director lives about and hour and a half from me, and I am not going to drive that far just to pick up a pan!

I thought about doing a show this month, but it just is not going to work out. My schedule is WAY to busy as it is.

I get a KE this month, and get 40% off, but it still is too much for me to buy the 12" executive the way our finances are right now. Especially since I had to place a supply order and sample order already and spent way to much on those orders! Also I hate having to pay seperate shipping on the different types of orders. It certainly adds up!! So i guess I will just have to wait to offer the power cooking show until I can afford a pan...thanks for all the ideas though ladies!

If you have a host who already has the 12" pan, and they want a Power Cooking show, you can always use their pan.

I wanted to mention too...if you *DO* end up getting one pan for use at your shows, I agree with the others on this thread, the family size executive skillet is the one to get!

Do you have the large microcooker? I do 2lbs of ground beef in mine all the time. I love being able to leave on the cover and drain the grease. You can still use the mix n chop as well

etteluap70PC said:
Do you have the large microcooker? I do 2lbs of ground beef in mine all the time. I love being able to leave on the cover and drain the grease. You can still use the mix n chop as well

Nope I only have the small microcooker....but getting the microcooker would be cheaper than getting the skillet right now!

Maybe you could get a Rice Cooker...it's a bit larger, so I think you could probably do more meat in it. Except that you wouldn't be able to drain it as "cool-like" as in the Micro-Cooker!

Also, maybe, since your director is so far away, you could find another Consultant to borrow the skillet from on occasion. There's no "rule" that you can only borrow from your director, you know!! lol Are you in a hospitality cluster? Perhaps someone there would help you out!

Good luck!

Paula

Has anyone used the 11" Grill pan for power cooking shows. I have PC $'s to spend, but not enough to get grill pan (for 20 min ribs) and 12" Skillet. What would you do?

I would get the skillet. Much more versatile for use at shows. I don't think the ribs are enough of a WOW show recipe to get the grill pan just for that.

DebbieJ said:
I would get the skillet. Much more versatile for use at shows. I don't think the ribs are enough of a WOW show recipe to get the grill pan just for that.

Completely agree!

One of the reasons the 12" is so good for power cooking is you can easily do 5lbs of ground meat. that give you 4-5 meals! Also I use my 12" all the time. It is very versatile!!!

Think of the 12" skillet as an investment. You will not regret getting it!

I guess I could always get the grill press for now :)

Cookin Kristen said:
I guess I could always get the grill press for now :)
You can't use the grill press in the 12" skillet. The corners scratch the sides of the pan. The press only works with the grill pan and griddles.

awww thank you so much for letting me know that ChefAnn! I would have been mad :mad:

I had a workshop with some HO test kitchen people the conference that the pres came out, and one of the presenters mentioned that she ruined her 12" skillet using the press in it.

1. What type of cookware is best for power cooking shows?

At Pampered Chef, we recommend using our non-stick cookware for power cooking shows. Our non-stick surface allows for easy food release and quick clean up, making it perfect for fast-paced cooking demonstrations.

2. Can the cookware be used on all stovetops?

Yes, our cookware is versatile and can be used on all stovetops including gas, electric, and induction. This allows for seamless cooking demonstrations no matter what type of stove is available.

3. Is the cookware oven-safe?

Yes, our cookware is oven-safe up to 450°F. This allows for a wider range of recipes to be demonstrated during power cooking shows, including those that require baking or broiling.

4. Does the cookware come with a warranty?

Yes, all of our cookware comes with a limited lifetime warranty. We stand behind the quality of our products and will replace any defective or damaged cookware.

5. How can I purchase the cookware used in your power cooking shows?

You can purchase our cookware on our website or through a Pampered Chef consultant. Our consultants can also provide personalized recommendations based on your cooking needs and preferences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Brenda Rutko
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • NOLA RN
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pattybrady
  • Intrepid_Chef