• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Handle "Coating" on Exec. Cookware Splitting

In summary, silicone handles on cookware can split and tear easily. Consultants who have purchased cookware from House of Hampton may receive replacements immediately.
GeorgiaPeach
Silver Member
Anyone having trouble with the silicone handles on the cookware splitting? I have a 12" skillet with a slice in it. I would not have had a knife near it so couldn't figure out how it happened. I use that skillet ALL the time and just haven't called about a replacement.

Last night I was washing my saute pan and felt something on the back of the handle. There is a VERY large spot that has split and torn. I also use this all the time.

I do NOT abuse my cookware or put it in the dishwasher :eek: so this has to be a defect in the silicone.

Anyone else have this problem or heard of it happening?

Haven't heard of it yet but maybe there is a defect and the high temps of the stove on the handles are affecting it?When was yours purchased (so we can selfishly watch ours if acquired at the same time!) ;)

Glad to hear I am not the only one...It has happened to my 12" skillet and is now happening to my saute pans. I don't know what the deal is, I am not hard on mine either.

YUP... the handle on my 12 skillet ripped on me one night when taking it out of the oven. I got it replaced no problem. $ to ship it back was less than I thought too. I don' think I paid much more than 6$. and I had included a bunch of other returns.

Mine on the 10" saute is loose and turns around in a circle - but is not torn.

Glad it's not just me. My 3 qt sauce pan also has a handle that starts to spin as I try to drain the boiling water...very safe :rolleyes:

So when I send them back for replacements...that will be 3 of my most used pieces! I just dread being without them for long. Guess I'll wait til after graduation then send them back.

My 12" skillet has a slit on the handle as well.:( I don't put my pans in the dishwasher and and safe with them I need to do a replacement.

GeorgiaPeach said:
Glad it's not just me. My 3 qt sauce pan also has a handle that starts to spin as I try to drain the boiling water...very safe :rolleyes:

So when I send them back for replacements...that will be 3 of my most used pieces! I just dread being without them for long. Guess I'll wait til after graduation then send them back.

Lisa - call HO and talk to them. Because you are a consultant, stress that you don't want to live without them long. They will often ship a replacement and you can return your original after you get the replacement. Besides, if you don't save boxes, it will give you a proper box to ship the bad one back in.

janetupnorth said:
Lisa - call HO and talk to them. Because you are a consultant, stress that you don't want to live without them long. They will often ship a replacement and you can return your original after you get the replacement. Besides, if you don't save boxes, it will give you a proper box to ship the bad one back in.

Update....I finally called HO today about my cookware. I explained that I didn't want to be without my cookware...especially my 12" skillet since I use that at my shows I was told that they will immediately ship replacements for anything we received/purchased as a consultant. Sample packages, pan-o-rama, kit enhancement, etc. If you need to return anything that wasn't purchased as a consultant, they wait until the product is received at HO and there is a 3 week turn around on them.

That is SO nice to know. Thought I'd share that with you :)

I have the same on my 12 inch as Rhonda - its is turning and stuff - i have to call and replace it - i just can't imagine not having it since i use it every day!

yup...happened to my 12" too. Totally tore off for no good reason. Got it replaced.

I was able to have mine shipped right away too... Totally saved my power cooking shows last Jan.

Thanks for the info..... Good to know...

1. What is the handle coating made of?

The handle coating on our Executive Cookware is made of a durable silicone material that provides a comfortable and secure grip while cooking.

2. Is the handle coating safe to use with high heat?

Yes, the handle coating on our Executive Cookware is heat-resistant and can withstand temperatures up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit, making it safe to use on stovetops and in ovens.

3. How do I clean the handle coating?

The handle coating can be easily cleaned with warm, soapy water and a soft cloth. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers, as they may damage the coating.

4. Can the handle coating be replaced if it starts to split or peel?

If your handle coating starts to split or peel, please contact our customer service team for assistance. In most cases, we can provide a replacement handle or offer a solution to fix the issue.

5. Does the handle coating come with a warranty?

Yes, our Executive Cookware comes with a limited lifetime warranty, which covers any defects in materials or workmanship, including issues with the handle coating. Please refer to our warranty policy for more details.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cochef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
dhclemons
  • kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies