• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How You Feelin'? Hot, Hot, Hot!

In summary, the silicone on the lids of the stainless steel cookware set is a concern for the author. The author suggests that PC offer silicone handle socks for use with the cookware.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
First of all, I have to say I LOOOOOOVE the stainless cookware set. However, can't they put silicone on the handles?

I put some potatoes on to boil. I went downstairs to put laundry in the dryer and stuff. Total time away was about 10 minutes and of course, the pan was boiling. So I went to lift the lid and OUCH!

The lid for my Exec. ban has silicone. Why can't this one?

Ouch! When I first saw the name of your thread I thought you were going to say you lived someone hot, because I'm about 17 degrees out and I'm cold, cold, cold. To get into the car today, I had to push snow out of the way to shut the door. The snow was even with the car and I was "dragging" it in while shutting the door. 2 feet- most since 1969.

It's to match the cookware which is oven safe and broiler safe up to 500 so they cannot have silicone on it.

Oh ... remind me not to put my GLASS lid under the broiler ....

lockhartkitchen said:
Ouch! When I first saw the name of your thread I thought you were going to say you lived someone hot, because I'm about 17 degrees out and I'm cold, cold, cold. To get into the car today, I had to push snow out of the way to shut the door. The snow was even with the car and I was "dragging" it in while shutting the door. 2 feet- most since 1969.

Hey Julie,

Isn't this the craziest weather! Portland is a mess, but I love it!!

Everytime I use my 8" exec skillet in the oven, that little metal hook at the end of the handle manuvers around and brands my hand! They need to see like little gloves for the handles, like oven mits so we can help protect out skin from serious damage!

candiejayne said:
Everytime I use my 8" exec skillet in the oven, that little metal hook at the end of the handle manuvers around and brands my hand! They need to see like little gloves for the handles, like oven mits so we can help protect out skin from serious damage!

I keep thinking that since they came out with the stainless cookware and advertise it's use for the oven that at some point we would see like little "handle socks" for use in the oven. My mitts work pretty good tho. I'm one to fix it on the stove..then finish it in the oven. I take it outta the oven to serve then while serving I seem to grab the handle...with out a mitt!:cry:

I have "handle socks" as you call them for my cast iron cookware. I got them years ago at a Cracker Barrel.

I know I have seen them places, but PC should offer them... I've done the same thing grabbing the hot pan once it's out to serve. It's just habit. I know I have to use a mit to take out of the oven, but then it slips my mind that it stays hot!

Submit a product suggestion...for the "socks", but maybe even for a silicone handle on the lids- (assuming the glass lids cannot go into the high temp oven/broiler).(Product Suggestions can be done on CC under Managing Your Business>Home Office Contacts>Emails)

1. How do I properly use the "How You Feelin'? Hot, Hot, Hot!" product?

To use the "How You Feelin'? Hot, Hot, Hot!" product, simply fill it with your desired food and place it in the oven or microwave. Make sure to follow the recommended cooking times and temperatures for the best results.

2. Can I use the "How You Feelin'? Hot, Hot, Hot!" product on the stovetop?

No, the "How You Feelin'? Hot, Hot, Hot!" product is not designed for stovetop use. It is meant for use in the oven or microwave only.

3. Is the "How You Feelin'? Hot, Hot, Hot!" product dishwasher safe?

Yes, the "How You Feelin'? Hot, Hot, Hot!" product is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing for best results and to prolong the life of the product.

4. How hot does the "How You Feelin'? Hot, Hot, Hot!" product get?

The "How You Feelin'? Hot, Hot, Hot!" product can withstand temperatures up to 450°F in the oven or microwave.

5. Can I use the "How You Feelin'? Hot, Hot, Hot!" product for cold foods?

Yes, the "How You Feelin'? Hot, Hot, Hot!" product can be used for cold foods as well. It is safe to use in the refrigerator or freezer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefetteDuJour
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • lacychef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jenm42
Replies